Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Going to the Chapel and We’re Gonna Get Married!!!!

They did it!  Katie and Steve are the new Mr. & Mrs. Reed.  And perhaps I am biased but my sister was the most gorgeous bride ever.  They had a beautiful day!  There was so much food!  The cocktail hour featured a Caribbean station, a pasta station, Asian fusion station, Spanish station, seafood station, sliders station, antipasto table, passed hors de oeuvres and more.  The meal was fabulous and dessert hour featured a fondue station, hot apple cobbler and bread pudding, every pie and cake imaginable, and ice cream bar, fill your own cannoli and cream puffs and cordial bar.  Preston was less than stellar but thankfully slept through the entire mass-even snoring apparently.  Thank you Aunt Melski for watching him.  Some highlights-I was supposed to walk into the room to the part during “Mony Mony” where Billy Idol says “Ride the pony.”  I think I can dance.  I can’t.  My sister knows how to do this move called riding the pony.  I pretend I can do it.  I can’t.  The DJ messed up and did not play the song at that part (perhaps you guys should have gone with the band…) My sister and father danced to “I’m Already There” by Lonestar.  Until the music scratched and stopped and paused….only to start with Gnarls Barkley’s “Crazy” which my father loves and the two of them busted a move on the dance floor.  No one except Steve knew this.  It was so funny.  My sister’s favorite musician is Billy Joel.  My speech incorporated between 20-25 Billy Joel song titles.  Pretty good-I pat myself on the back.  Here are just some of the amazing photos.  I am sure Katie will put a lot on Facebook and in the photos section, if I am tagged you guys will be able to view them if she beats me to the punch.  Congrats Katie & Steve.  I love you both!!!!

IMG_9826

Getting ready!  GORGEOUS!

IMG_9833

Oh  Katie had a stress fracture.  Here are the maids Christine and Maeve wrapping her foot!

IMG_9838

IMG_5721

IMG_0033

 

 

IMG_0040 

IMG_0052 IMG_0089

IMG_0096

IMG_5820

IMG_0111

IMG_0124

22 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful wedding!! You all looked gorgeous and Preston looked so handome in his suit! I loved it. :)

I love Billy Joel too....I'd love to hear your speech. :)

Congrats to your sister and her husband!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim! Gorgeous wedding, Gorgeous bride! You looked fabulous! and Preston looked adorable as usual!!! Sorry to hear Preston was less then stellar ~ my brother's wedding is in less then two weeks and I am fearing what Caden's performance will be like ... I have visions of it in my head ~ standing at the entrance waving his hands and yelling in his most whiney obnoxious voice "noooooo"! Neat! Love that Preston chose to snore through the ceremony :o)

Tinka said...

Kim you looked gorgeous! I had such a fun time and I can't stop talking about it! I ate most of the food they packed up for us today since we barely ate anything. I can't believe it's over! It went by too fast!

And Pher's wild pony dance was hilarious! I'm so glad we had some sing alongs and it was cool to break out to Barry's Copacabana (after all, he does write the songs).

I'm so glad you were my lady of honor! I know Preston was a wee bit difficult but hopefully you had a blast anyway!

LOVE YOU!!!!!

PS- Awesome awesome speech! I'll be posting it on my BLOG tomorrow if that's okay.

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for these. You look beautiful. Your sister was gorgeous! Pres was the handsomest ever!!! I guess the tailor had to do some fancy foot work to get the dress altered in time. I can't wait to see more of the photos on FB! Congrats to your sister Kate.

Anthea said...

Kim - your sister looked absolutely gorgeous. Glad that you all had a good time, even if the adorable Pres was playing up. Also glad to see that the dress fitted just fine and that you didn't have to wear black....lol.

Alex said...

I really like the bridesmaid dresses!! And don't even get me started about Preston...he looked adorable!!

Jaime said...

Kim, what a beautiful day this must have been for your whole family! You and your sister looked absolutely gorgeous! I can't get over Pres - what a handsome boy! Congrats to your sister!

Unknown said...

You all looked so beautiful! Seriously - what a stunning bride Katie was! And that ringbearer - yowza, what a stud! I am certain that you all had an amazing time. You are such a wonderful family and your love for each other truly shines through every photo. Congrats to Katie and Steve, I wish them all the happiness in the world!

marrah said...

You have a such a beautiful family!!! Love you guys and congrats Katie and Steve!

Andrea said...

OMG! All of the dresses are so gorgeous and I love what Preston is wearing!! Sounds like a fun day!!

Leong Family's said...

Congratulations to Katie and Steve. They are beautiful couple and Kim, you look so beautiful. Love the photo of Preston in the suit, he look so grown up and so handsome. :)

Destini said...

What a beautiful wedding, Katie looked gorgeous! Kim, you looked great in that dress too! Preston is too handsome for words, and cut him some slack - that is an action packed day with sensory overload for a kiddo - plus he wasn't *supposed to be* the center of attention! Great photos! Congratulations Katie and Steve!

Maeve said...

awwww Kim!! Pics are great!!! haha the foot wrapping is priceless!! The one of your parents with Kate looks great too!!! can't wait to see the rest!!!!

And yes... your speech was pretty kick ass

Danielle said...

Oh My, Preston is so adorable!! And your bridesmaids dress were really nice!! Your sister was a beautiful bride, and you looked great as well! I'm glad the wedding went great!!

The Wymers said...

What a beautiful wedding! Everybody looked fantastic!! Was glad to see that your dress got all sorted out - you looked great! And, the Pres-meister, he's such a stud...I'm gonna have to introduce Nikki to him soon (wink, wink)! :o)

mel said...

Beautiful pictures that dont do everyone justice! They were even prettier in person! And Preston was cute as pie!

Laura Wolf said...

Love, Love, Love all the pictures! Everyone looked so beautiful. And Preston was handsome as ever. What a fun time. I love weddings!!

Greene Family said...

It looks and sounds like your sister had an amazing wedding day!! Beautiful pictures! Your sister was a gorgeous bride, and you looked beautiful too - love all of the dresses! Preston is so handsome in his suit! Congratulations to Katie and Steve!

Mandy said...

I agree with everyone! It sounded like a great time. I love the dresses. Everyone is so beautiful!

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo hoo! Congrats to your sister! It was a beautiful wedding! You both looked absolutely gorgeous in your dresses and Preston was super handsome as always!

mejane said...

Loved the wedding pictures! Everyone looked gorgeous! Preston of course, looked very dapper and especially handsome in his suit. Your speech sounds fabulous; thought about posting it?

Tiffany said...

I love Preston's little outfit...so adorable and what an amazing wedding!