Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall-What I Like and Don't Like

Here is what I love about the fall:

1) NFL Football
2) Post Season baseball
3) The return of all my favorite shows
4) My hair does not need the flat iron as often
5) My eyeliner does not run onto my top lid (why does that happen anyway-I sit behind a desk! I mean I am not lifting weights and even so, do your eyelids sweat?)
6) Jeans with high heels.

And you totally thought I was going to say pumpkins and cider and the leaves changing colors....well that too of course ;-)
What I hate about Fall:
1) Retiring flip flops eventually (like November)
2) It gets dark earlier making way to the eventual 3:30 pm sunset (O.K. fine! 4:15)
3) Christmas decorations out now. Utterly ridiculous and they take away from the autumnal scenes. Yes I get it Christmas is three months away-I don't need it shoved quite that far down my throat yet. Although on the upside we can all start using the Santa threat!!! Yipee. In fact I already bought two gifts (BUT Preston is a December baby so I have to get double).
4) The realization that everything Preston owns is too long in the arms and legs and I can't sew (remember my status update on Facebook about feeling like a failure amidst the customers in Ben Franklin? I started hyperventilating somewhere between the pipe cleaners and glue guns). So I totally bend over and pay like $100 for hemming of the pants. ARGH! Summer is soooo much easier for this reason. Hopefully the tailor gets it right this time-let's hope she won't sew boobs into Preston's pants.
5) The fact that the Red Sox will probably eek their way into fall baseball.
6) JACKETS-I hate wearing jackets (other than like the stylish blazer). I hate gloves and hats too. I don't hate the fall-I just hate the inevitable-January through March. Weatherwise let's be honest-they suck. I get sad that summer goes so fast. I'm not one for sweating at all, but I am still sorry to see it go.

We are getting ready for the arrival of Mrs. Reed, or Katie, to Virginia this weekend. The firepit is ready and we have already tested it out. Preston has made sure to stuff about four marshmallows in his mouth already. He also is getting bitten alive by the bugs down here. So much so that they turn into welts. One started to form a ring so I naturally diagnosed him with Lyme Disease. Even though I am pretty sure Preston has not gotten cozy with a deer lately. but nevertheless. I really (forgive me) so did not want to go to the emergency pediatrician center on a sunny Saturday, so my mother suggested the good ol' CVS pharmacist. Both of the pharmacists have lived here their whole lives. They told me (even after I knew this from vast research of 15 minutes on Web MD) that Lyme Disease forms a bulls eye. I was convincing myself Preston had a bull's eye mark. I was directed to Aisle 9...hydrocortozone.

Well hope everyone has a great weekend!!!! Here is a cute pic of Preston from Sunday after deciding he had had enough football:
And my sister's wedding pictures from the professional were up. I totally LOVE this one of Preston.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the Preston pic too! So unposed! Love that!

Unknown said...

That is an incredible picture! Isn't it wonderful when you get a pic that completely captures the spirit of your child? Beautiful. Fall is my favorite! And hooray for the Santa threat!!! I try to merge the Easter bunny threat with Santa so that I have full-year coverage. So far, it seems to be working! But I may have to invent the Labor Day fairy or something like that to get through the summer!

Andrea said...

So sad to say that TV is, too, one of my favorite things about fall!

Anthea said...

You and Ray would get along very well in the football department - me - I know nothing about NFL and don't really wish to......go on stone me.....but AFL is sooooo much better...;)

I have a cure for the Christmas following Fall thing.....move here??? (We even have NFL now!)

As for the clothes - OMG - my sentiments exactly. I so love summer because I don't have to try and alter sleeves and pants...TRY being the operative word.

As for Preston - well what can I say - he is as adorable as ever. Glad that Web MD is a bad doctor and got his diagnosis wrong and that Pres will indeed live to see another day.....hehehe.

Hugs to you both (& oh sorry for the essay)

Melissa Swartley said...

I'm with ya on the jackets and the Christmas stuff being out already! I mean really, come on people! We haven't even had Halloween yet! But yay for the Santa threat! I am dying for my Fall TV too! Too bad you don't live right around the corner, I'd totally teach you how to hem! Oh my gosh! Kim, Preston is way too cute in those pic's! You have to frame the one from the wedding! Adorable! The one of him sleeping after too much football is priceless! He is just so sweet!!!

The Wymers said...

I totally hear ya on the Christmas stuff being out already! Although, I am known to use the "We should put that toy back where we found it so Santa will know where to find it for Christmas" excuse.

I don't know what to tell you about the tailoring stuff - I'm happy I can sew on a button (and my buttons never fall off because I use so much thread it's ridiculous!).

Thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed it!

Mel said...

Preston is SOOO cute in that last photo. Framworthy. Its totally a pic matt would steal and say he took when he and preston were on the beaches at one of his golf villas that he pretends to sell. loser.

Laura Wolf said...

I love fall too. My favorite time of year because of apples, leaves changing and I'm a cold weather person. I have dived into my creative side and am relearn all my sewing techniques from high school. I'm practicing on Audrey's halloween costume first. Love the pictures of Preston.

Destini said...

Is it terrible that I just roll Trace's sleeves and pants up? I suck at all things domestic! So, Trace gets horrible welts when he gets bitten by bugs, and I am always slathering him in hyrdrocortisone - and spraying him down with bug spray. At least the jeans and long sleeves will keep the bugs at bay! Have a great visit with your sister!

Greene Family said...

Love that picture of Preston too - so very handsome and just love his smile!! Definitely needs to be framed! That is a sweet picture of him sleeping on the chair!
I love the fall, but I'm with you on the Christmas stuff being out already and the hemming of pants. I just rolled Simon's pants and shirt sleeves last year, but we decided that I either need to learn to hem this fall or take Simon's clothes to a tailor. Too funny - I hope Preston doesn't end up with boobs in his pants from that tailor! :)
I'm glad that Preston's bug bite wasn't anything serious! Have a blast with your sister this weekend!

Tiffany said...

Kim, You send Preston's clothing to me and I'll hem them for you! I'm always tucking and stitching Sawyers in place! I love those pictures, he was simply adorable in the wedding photos, I just can't get over it!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim! Am I pathetic that I look forward to the weekly Preston post? Up until now, I haven't had to hem Caden's clothes, but I think this is the year I will need to learn or find a good seamstress. neat! I hear ya on the Christmas stuff - for real- retailers, September?! I too am looking forward to fall TV. I set the DVR before we left for the week :0) Looking forward to the recap of your sisters visit and the cute marshmallow pictures :0) ?

Jen Weisser said...

Ok seriously forgot what i was gonna write after seeing the last pic! LOVE IT!!!!!! oh, i did crack up over the eyeliner thing!! lol i dont get it either!