Thursday, September 10, 2009

Still Nothing Too Exciting

But Mel reminded me in an abrupt e-mail that I have neglected the blog. Basically I have nothing too exciting going on. I am thinking very deep about perhaps installing a DVD player in my car. On the ride up to NYC in my mother's car this was typical Preston:

Did not stop flapping the mouth. Once we hit NYC and I borrowed my father's car-this was Preston:

Much more pleasant. Especially since he loves the earphones I can listen to my 80's on 8 music on satellite without interruption (which totally rocks by the way). The only snag is Preston is really not in the car with me anymore. I drop him off two minutes after the commute starts. (Don't be jealous-coffee and alone time for 30 minutes after drop off-bliss). So this contraption would have been useful...oh about a year ago when we lived in New York.

Other than that, nothing too exciting-coming down from the wedding. Katie is visiting next weekend and I can barely contain my excitement. I think she will be posting my speech on her blog-I'll keep you posted. Usually though when Katie tells you she'll post something it could take awhile-and she's a newlywed-blogging hopefully is not on her list of priorities unlike her uncool, single sister (LOL).

I want to congratulate the Greene and Hedger families on their newest additions! YAY! Cannot wait to see more pictures. Hope everyone is having a great back to school week. Preston started Montessori and his teacher is a doll. She told me after day 1 he was super smart-that's my big brained boy! Have a great week everyone!







16 comments:

marrah said...

Love my nephew!!! Too cute.....

Melissa Swartley said...

Glad to see you are still alive and well! LOL! Preston is so cute! I'm glad to hear he's the smartest kid in class, it's no surprise though! Boy, the girls are going to be lining up! Brains and major cuteness!

Unknown said...

Am I a bad mom for having the DVD player in the car? I don't know how we would have survived until now without it!! It gets two big thumbs up from us! I have a 25 minute alone commute but I'm usually too ticked off at traffic to enjoy it. So glad to hear that Preston is enjoying his new school (and of course he's super smart!) We miss you guys LOTS!

Jaime said...

Sometimes no news is good news. You could have all kinds of things happening and not knowing where to start blogging about them.

Next summer I think that everyone is going to be in trouble when Pres and Caty get together - between the both of them and, as you stated it, "flapping the mouth" nobody else will be able to get a word in. Can't wait! :)

Rosie said...

I agree with Jamie no news is good news sometimes. But with that cute son of yours, I pretty sure you have photo you can share with...

mel said...

Thank you for the update. My godson is beyond adorable, and his dad is still a deadbeat.

The Wymers said...

I'd been wondering what happened to you! :o) Sometimes no news is good news though, that's why I've just been putting up random pictures lately...nothing happening! Glad to hear Pres is making a good impression on his teacher. Nikki doesn't really stop talking either - which sucks because she has this super high-pitched-whiney-toned-grating voice! LOL. Love all the pics, keep up the good work!

Andrea said...

The DVD player is a must for any long trip (over 45 minutes)!! I don't know why we waited so long to get one!

Laura Wolf said...

I appreciated the carseat picture. I still have Nate backward facing (hoping to find out soon when I can switch him)and liked seeing where Preston was measuring up to in his seat. Nate's feat only come to the edge (same seat). Loves all the cute pictures.

Destini said...

We don't just have one DVD player in the car, we have 2 - each kid has their own! There is no way I would survive without them! But, as you stated, you only have a 2 minute commute to school, so you really don't need one - but as cheap as they are, you could always get one for road trips and other special occasions. Glad Preston is starting the year off at school right!

Danielle said...

you might not have anything too exciting, but that's not a worry when you have such a cute kid!! Preston is just too adorable...you need to visit Florida, now!!

Unknown said...

Not a whole lot going on here either...but that is nice sometimes...relaxing. On long trips it's a must for us to take a portable DVD player. We are thinking of having a dual DVD player installed in the new car...they go behind the front seat headrests...that way the kids can see their own or the same movie...pretty cool! Cute pics of Preston as always...I so want to meet that handsome son of yours.

Alex said...

You are lucky that Preston likes the earphones...Sam doesn't so I have to listen to her dvd's on our drivesto Salt Lake !! LOL
And then people say I have no patience??? Are you kidding me??lol!!

Anonymous said...

Our portable DVD player is a lifesaver -- until Parker starts randomly hitting buttons and screwing it up.

Glad Preston is doing so well in his new school -- I'm not surprised. He is a cutie!

Greene Family said...

As always, Preston is too cute!! My brother says that he can't live without DVD players in their car (they have 3 boys) whenever they go on road trips.
I can't wait to read your speech when your sister posts it! Have fun when she visits this weekend!
Thank you!! You're so sweet! Thanks for the great comments that you leave on my blog! I'm hoping to get some pictures of Simon and Jude up by the end of the week. :)
I'm glad Preston likes his new school! Look out ladies - total cuteness and big brains!! I can't wait to meet you guys in person one of these days!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Your friend Mel cracks me up with her comments.
I'm waiting patiently for pictures of Preston on his first day of school? :0)
I am thinking we need to invest in a portable DVD player for Caden. When we travel in Dan's truck the laptop fits between the seats and Caden can watch a movie. But in my car it doesn' fit ... however he is a MUCH better traveler when he can watch a movie.
Adorable pictures of jabber jaws :0)