Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our Weekend with Tinka

   My sister came down this weekend and we had a great time together.  Saturday after scarfing down lunch we headed to the pumpkin farm.  This year we did some new things at the farm-my mom and Katie shot corn out of air guns (which was hilarious to think that my mom with her Louis Vuitton shot husked corn) and we conquered the corn maze.  To get through said maze you had to correctly answer 24 questions on the agriculture of Virginia.  Now…I may even have trouble answering a quiz on the seasons of Desperate Housewives so can you imagine me doing this-which crop is the largest in VA?  I totally would have guessed tobacco-that was not even a choice.  Apparently the state soil is called pamunkey.  See I learned something amidst the stalks.  Here are some pictures:

IMG_0275 

IMG_0280

Last year Preston wanted the big pumpkin.  This year because he realized he could not pick it up and to keep his manliness told me “I don’t like the big pumpkins Mommy.”  So this is the one he picked:

IMG_0281

Katie and Preston really enjoyed playing in shelled corn.  I think Katie had more fun.  I was pulling corn out of his underwear, but at least he had a good time. It’s funny that the last pics of Katie you saw she was all dolled up in a wedding gown.  Now she is wearing a t-shirt with a dog farting fire. 

IMG_0293

IMG_0301

Katie and my mom doing duck races.  My mom totally kicked her rear on this.  Katie’s poor duck did not stand a chance!

IMG_0310

The bounce house!  Notice Preston is literally IN FLIGHT!

IMG_0312 IMG_0316

On Sunday we went to eat at the Boat House on the reservoir.  I thought these pics were really cute:

IMG_0320

IMG_0336

IMG_0325

16 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

LOVE that boy! He is seriously such a sweet dude. He picked out the perfect pumpkin...not too big and not too small!

Caden and Mommy said...

What the heck ... Preston seems like he's matured since the last post. He seems so big boy! Fun pictures, your sis cracks me up ~ she loves having all the kiddie fun with Preston, what a great aunt! The last picture of Preston is frame worthy!

Mel said...

I looks so big with the pumpkins! So im super excited for your visit this weekend, but do feel a little bad that P has to hang with his tool box of a father. I hope they have fun doing activities that dont require (1) money or (2) a car, bc matt has neither.

Anonymous said...

So cute! We are planning to go to a farm/pumpkin patch this fall too. That Boat House looks pretty neat too.

Maeve said...

Mel I love you... and Pres looks so cute in these pics!!! He's deep in thought watching the water!!

Destini said...

Adorable pictures - looks like you all had a great time at the farm! The Boat House pictures of Preston are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Dog farting fire...ba ha haha!! Love it! What a fun weekend! Preston suddenly looks so grown up and mature...don't these boys realize they need to stay our babies forever?? The pic of him with the huge pumpkin is SO FUNNY!

Greene Family said...

Love the pictures, especially those at the Boat House! Preston is just so lovable! It looks like you guys had a great weekend with your sister visiting! That pumpkin farm is awesome! Preston is adorable with his pumpkin!
Have fun in NY this weekend!

Melissa Swartley said...

Alright! What a great time! LOL shooting corn and the t-shirt Katie was wearing with the dog farting fire! Love the pic's of Preston with his pumpkin and the ones at the boat house! Very cute!

The Wymers said...

I totally love the pic of Pres crouching down at the end of the dock - it's awesome! The rest of the pics are great too, of course! :o) Glad to hear you guys had so much fun at the farm - those corn cannons are cool aren't they?! :o)

Tinka said...

Mel... so funny.

Kim you totally left out the part when Preston yelled at the wedding party that wanted to take pictures on the dock where he was feeding the ducks!

That was such a fun weekend and the pumpkin farm totally kicked butt! We rocked that corn maze and mom not only whipped me in the duck races but she hit a pole with the air blasted corn. I didn't even come close to hitting anything!

Mandy said...

I love going to the farm in the fall. Andrea will be going in October. I am sure there will be no shooting corn out of air guns. LOL could you imagine that with Andrea. Look out Daddy! hehehe. It looks like you all had a blast.

Susan said...

That's AWESOME!! I know Isabella and Manni are looking forward to going to the corn maze next month:o) Love the pictures though and your Mom cracked me up. She is truely a kid at heart!!!

Love,
Nikki and Family

Anthea said...

Sounds like you had an absolute blast of a time. Love all the photos, but I especially love the one of Preston looking out at the sea. Just beautiful!

Rosie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I love the picture of Preston walking away front he camera, in the black and white color. Glad you guys had fun

Unknown said...

Now I am totally behind on blogs. Just been so busy at work that I am exhausted and don't have the energy to sit in front of a computer. You are supermom. I don't know how you do it as a single mom. Back to the fall likes and dislikes blog post. I really am more of a spring/summer person aside from Christmas. I also dislike having to bundle myself in layers of clothes. On this current post...Preston is just so huggable and he is the luckiest little dude to have such a fun loving auntie as your sister. I assume you'll be posting about NYC any day now so I'll probably comment to it in a few weeks!