Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend!

What a weekend! We had a full house with Anna and Chris and Katie and Steve. It was so much fun! This was our first Thanksgiving in the new home. Baking was great in this new kitchen! Of course there were more desserts than there were people. We always had between 15-20 people and this year there were eight-but we still made enough for 15-20 people. We spent Friday afternoon at Maymont Park and Preston was thrilled that the otter was awake this time. We had a great dinner out on Friday-my parents watched Preston while we went to Yamoto, a hibachi place. Chris and Steve definitely thought they were cool because they drank Saki bombs. I could not since I was the designated driver of my dad's bitchin' rented Impala for the weekend (hey we needed to rent one car without a big bulky Britax taking up half the back seat and his car is still in New York). My mother and I ventured to Kohl's on Friday. Not a 4am. First off can I talk about the Kohl's advertisement? If I was to get up at 4am to go to Kohl's to get a Mosaic candle for $3.99 versus the retail price of $4.99 would I be going in three inch red patent leather heels, a top hat, and a jacket over my negligee? I don't wear negligee to bed, ok I don't wear negligee ever, so there would be the issue. More like me trudging in at 4am in flannel plaid pants and they'd be happy I remembered to brush my teeth, let alone grab a fancy chapeau! Really. Saturday my father and Katie and Chris put up the Christmas lights (yup we "Griswald" it-well not that intense, but my dad loves lights) and went to a big family dinner at Glory Days!

I thought I would share a look at Preston's Thanksgiving photos past to present. Thanksgiving is also a big time for me. I had been pregnant and ready to give birth in 2005-and that Thanksgiving was horrendous. It was my favorite holiday and I thought my son would never see it. So the following year, five months after my ex husband walked out, I heard Al Roker say "Let's have a parade." I had Preston in my arms and just lost it. It was pretty emotional. Let's just say Al gets me every year. So here is Preston 2006, 2007 and now 2008!

Here are some more pics from the weekend!




And a much anticipated Preston video! Enjoy!

15 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my God he is just too handsome! Can I fix him up with Riley? She turned 3 in September, so she's not much older! I love your picture with him - you are so photogenic!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I was anxiously awaiting this Thanksgiving post because I knew it was going to be super cute .. but the video, that put me over the edge. Preston is so stinkin cute. I love how you ask him to blow kisses and he says NOPE! He has such "attitude" for just about 3. He is not the least bit amuzed with you filming him! The pictures are adorable ... cute one of you and your sis as well as you and Preston. You need to cut and paste yourself into that family shot ... it would be the perfect Christmas card :0) I love the years past pictures, Preston looks like a doll baby in the first picture and this year he looks so handsome in his cute sweater and I love his boots! and what is it with Al Roker - everyone loves a parade and his voice "voices" that excitment!
Trisha

mejane said...

OMG, does Preston have an accent like his mommy? I love it! My favorite photo is the one of Preston in 2007. They are all adorable though. And I agree with Danielle, you are so photogenic!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blogs and seeing smiling Preston. He has attitude just like Aidan as I laughed watching your video.

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh my gosh he is so super cute! I love the past and present Thanksgiving photos! Cute video too!

Tonya said...

OH KIM!! He is too much!!! I am gald you had a great time!! Preston looks so dabber, especially hs red shoes! I love it!

Anonymous said...

These are 100% top quality photos. Robert Pariser

The Johnson Family 5 said...

OH MAN! He is giving Cole a fashion icon to look up to! We have some shopping to do! He looked so cute in his Thanksgiving outfit this year!! Sooo cute!! I just love little Preston..

Greene Family said...

Oh my - those pictures and the video are so incredibly cute (love listening to Preston talk)!! He has so much personality and is always so handsome! It looks like you guys had a fun holiday weekend! We hope to see you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to see the otters! I love the photos of Preston through the years. He is so adorable!

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Isn't Yamoto awesome?? We eat there every year in Myrtle Beach! And I have been hearing so much about Glory Days, I have to say I am dying to try it! You guys look like you had such a fun family weekend. Love watching Preston's fashion evolve through the years! Sadly I cannot see the video now because I am at work, but I'll be checking it out with S & G later on!!

Jen Weisser said...

OMG! He just keeps getting more & more handsome! Love the little sweater vest pic! sounds like you had a great weekend!

Alex said...

He is too funny!!! Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT videographer. Preston is so adorably cute. How do you take him in public without being mobbed? I can't wait for Bryan to talk...you guys look like you have so much fun together.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Jaime said...

I love when you post videos of Preston! He is such a handsome boy! I loved the pictures of his on Thanksgiving through the past 3 years! I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!