Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nothing Too Exciting

is going on. The weather is pretty darn cold for what I was told to expect in Virginia. The whole you'll be wearing flip flops until January is a complete fallacy! Although I did laugh yesterday as some of you on Facebook saw, that when there were six flakes coming down from a passing cloud, people here thought it was snowing. Um....not quite. Gas is now at $1.79, almost THREE full dollars less than what I paid this summer. I am still Christmas shopping-so far my sister is finished (*Katie smiling*) and Preston almost complete for both Christmas and birthday. I also bought my dad's present from Preston, have narrowed down my mothers and need to get on the whole Chris and Anna present since they are coming next week and will be in Arizona for Christmas.

Mel is coming this weekend! YAY! I am on serious Mel withdrawal, so this weekend will be super fun! Thought I would throw in some pics of my super happy dude. Preston's new found fun is stickers-just loves stickers. My mother came home today with about 400 Christmas stickers and she also got him a Thanksgiving sticker book. That should keep him entertained for awhile-at least until he starts opening gifts and my mother has probably bought him 800 more stickers! He is also very excited for his friend Javier's birthday party this weekend, complete with a bounce house!

11 comments:

Tonya said...

Preston has absolutely the GREATEST smile!! It is so intoxicating one can't help but smile back!!

It is COLD here too....a whooping 35 degrees...time to bust out the heating blankets, but for me that hit at 60, so I am really cold!

Maybe it will warm up for you!!

Alex said...

Sam loves stickers too! I need to buy some to decorate Anaïs' helmet! ;)

Unknown said...

Stickers rock! At least until they are plastered on the dining room table! S & G love to sing the "Sticky, Sticky Bubblegum" song and put stickers all over themselves. I can't believe Preston's birthday is coming up soon! What's the cake theme this year? They are just growing up so fast. Pretty freezing cold here right now, but in typical NY fashion...it was close to 70 last Saturday and by Monday morning we had frost on our windshields! We miss you guys sooo much and the kids want to see a "Preston movie" soon, so we need a video!

Unknown said...

Cutie as always. Aidan loves his stickers too. I forget to pull them off his clothes before putting them in the washer...nice little surprise afterwards. I find them stuck to the bottom of my shoes among other places.

Melisa

mejane said...

Oh boy...I haven't even started Christmas shopping. Preston is such a cutie. Even if there isn't anything too exciting going on it's still great to see his wonderful smiling face.
Jane

BTW...I wore flip flops to work today. Come to sunny San Diego and you WIll wear them all year round. :)

Andrea said...

I don't think this boy takes a bad picture, does he?

Anonymous said...

Dammit! I was going to buy him a sticker book for his birthday! I thought, what could I get him that mom and Kim aren't?...stickers! Then you post this and step on my dreams right before my eyes! Now he will get nothing! Besides the two things I got already...

Have fun with Melski!

Melissa Swartley said...

Preston has the best smile! Oh boy, STICKERS! My girls love stickers! We always have to conduct a thorough search for any stickers lingering around within Sonya's reach so they don't become drooly slobbered up stickers that don't stick anymore. Haha! I love the comment about the so-called snow! It's been awhile since we've had a load of snow here in PA but I'm hoping for a fun blizzard like the one of '96 this year!

Greene Family said...

Preston sure can brighten anyone's day with his smile - so cute!! That's great that you've gotten so much Christmas/birthday shopping done! I have about 40% of my list to get yet, but I am pretty much done shopping for Simon. Although I was at the store today and couldn't resist getting another car to add to his gifts. :)

Destini said...

I love the picture of Preston laughing! He is sooo cute! Trace and Taylor both love stickers, too, in fact, they like to go to the doctor becuase they know they get stickers! Try to condition him that stickers only go on sticker books, though, otherwise buy some goo gone.

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!

I cannot wait to meet Preston ... that picture of him laying on the floor laughing is hilarious! What a character!

Trisha