Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Great Fall Weekend

Our weekends have been jammed packed! On Saturday Preston and I took pictures in our development. There are these great wooden bridges all over the creeks. Then we joined my new friend from work Roman, his wife Anni and their son Ethan who is five months older than Preston at Maymont Nature Park. I had been here years before with Sam and Jordana but in the winter. It was gorgeous. The weather was unbelievable so we had a picnic lunch outside. The boys climbed on rocks, played with sticks, explored a cave, etc. Then at the children's farm they fed the goats (which we swore they would do all day as long as we had quarters for the food machines), saw a hawk, sheep, chickens, bulls and a buffalo. At the nature preserve they were super amused by the huge sea turtles, fish, eels, and the night owls. Unfortunately the otters were asleep-they are usually a huge hit so we will have to return. They ended their day in the discovery room.

Today we drove to Fredericksburg, Virginia to meet up with my friend Kathy from law school. We shopped and took Preston out to dinner. It was so much fun to see Kathy considering we were pretty much inseparable in law school. She is now with the Department of Justice in DC and her husband is a Marine pilot! She even bought Preston a White House helicopter and secret service toy vehicle! Needless to say he was so excited, but even more so to know Kathy has a Dalmatian which he has reminded me thirteen times already that we need to visit. Here are some pictures from the weekend. (Oh and from my previous post, the scooter is by Angeles- I need to get the official name and height dimensions). AND.... to piss off my sister even more-gas is officially $1.91 here! I am beside myself with excitement. We have come a long way from $4.47!










17 comments:

Danielle said...

such great photos! Looks like you had another great weekend!! I love his jacket!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!

What a fun weekend. Preston's wardrobe is amazing. He is always dressed to a T!!! Adorable pictures of him on the bridge! I love the expression on his face while running!

Trisha

Unknown said...

Looks like the kids had a wonderful time out there exploring. You capture some of the best expressions on Preston's face!
Melisa

Mike Mallinson said...

$1.91?? Are you frickin' kidding me???? We're ecstatic out here that it's dropped to $2.41!! Oh man...

Anyway, the pics are great - that place sounds like a blast!

Unknown said...

Whoa whoa...$1.91??? That is just beyond unfair! But, super exciting for you! Love the beautiful fall pics. A Dalmation is major cause for excitement...Seamus calls them "firehouse doggies." Glad to hear you have a new work friend with a built-in playmate for Preston! Looks like the boys had a great time!

Jillsblog said...

Geez, I was physced to pay $2.18 yesterday...that is great!!

Preston is adorable as always...you guys do a lot of fun stuff....:)

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! Preston looks so cute in that photo of him running. Wow! Gas hasn't come down below $2 here yet, but maybe soon....

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Helloooo?! Love the coat! We are looking for a new winter jacket for Owen but no luck yet.

Greene Family said...

It sounds like you guys had another fun weekend! Preston is so incredibly cute, as always, in all of the pics! I love the pics of him on the bridge - I just want to hug him with all of his big smiles!

I'm hoping that we'll be lucky enough to see gas below $2 here too . . . we're getting closer.

Anonymous said...

Damn! The Sham is down to $2.45 and I thought that was amazing!

You're right. This BLOG is too cute for words. It looks like he had such a fun time! I think it's awesome he loves animals so much and goes right up to feed the goats. I hope Ethan and Preston will have more exciting adventures together!

Melissa Swartley said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I love the pictures of Preston! He's such a cutie! Wow, and I thought $2.13 was great for gas! $1.91 is a steal!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

We have great gas prices here in Dallas right now, too! I paid $2.11 for the middle grade yesterday :) OK- So I'm IN LOVE with Preston! He is just the cutest little guy EVER...seriously. He looks so happy! Can we trade? No, I'm serious. Cole has been such a pill the last few weeks. ughh..so I'm really not willing to trade, but a temporary switch might do the trick :) lol LOVING all of little man's clothes! He's so stylish!

Anonymous said...

He touched the goat, that's a gross looking animal.

Robert Pariser

Destini said...

What a great weekend, I'm glad your weather was nice - it was really crappy in WV! Preston is getting so big and even cuter (which should not be possible)!

Alex said...

Kim, these pictures are adorable! I love the last one!!!

Tonya said...

Great Pictures Kim! Preston is a ham like always!! I cannot wait to plant a big old kiss on him! What a great weekend you had!

Becky said...

I love the photos! Preston is so darn cute!!! Looks like such a fun weekend!