Sunday, November 23, 2008

Aunt Melski's Visit!

We had such a great weekend. Mel (who is affectionately Melski), is Preston's godmother and my oldest friend. More like a sister, I mean it's been twenty three years and for a good eighteen of those years, we lived across the street from each other. We both went to the same college, both went to law school and worked at two law firms together. I really wish my albums from yesteryear (yes I used the term yesteryear) were not packed in a storage facility otherwise I would scan a few of those pics from our Sweet Sixteen parties when we thought we were beyond cool.
Mel came Friday and we had such a great weekend. Two great dinners out together, a shopping frenzy on Friday and we toured the area. I approved her gift for Preston-a four foot long truck/carrier. He is going to love it! She saw Preston's school and met his teacher. She also got to witness first hand that although Preston is ridiculously adorable, he has more than his fair share of "moments" shall I say. In fact when Preston got "rude" and would not give Mel a kiss last night, she told him she would have to find another little boy to love, to which he replied, "Yeah Melski-you find a new Preston." I am going to miss her and she'd better come back to the TDM very soon. Love you Skiier.
Preston also went to his friend's b-day party complete with a bounce house. I am sure the following pictures will be a POLP nightmare-how dare me allow my achon child who is three with no neurological complications to partake in harmless "jumping" (which consisted of him running and tripping) in a bounce house. Like all you blogging achon moms who used an exersaucers-GASP! Shame on all of us. (*Please note that the aforementioned does not reflect this mom's point of view and I therefore leave you with amazing action shots)!
Today we did our last minute Thanksgiving baking shopping and I had to buy dinner rolls for Preston's "feast" at school tomorrow. This mom just did not have time to volunteer mashed potatoes this year. Preston also "baked" today-you know the pre-cut cookies where he just has to throw them on a pan. He loves this! We then watched the Jets kill the Titans and then my beloved Big Blue kick some Cardinal butt! We ended the day taking his Christmas card photos-I was hoping that the ones from school would be so cute that I would not have to do the photo shoot, but alas, the proofs came back with Preston's hair parted to the side and a big ol' snot in his nostril. Mel swears you cannot see it in one of the pics, but his hair looked pretty bad. Got to love the Christmas card shoot-the digital camera with it's pause, Preston being oh so cooperative, my mother begging him to sit with her hands loaded with Hershey Kisses...but in the end I have great shots and now have to narrow it down to the winner. hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We are awaiting our guests on Wednesday. Love to all!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for bounce houses, pre-made cookies, and early Christmas card photo shoots!! You guys look like you had a great weekend! I am so with you on the grandmothers-with-bribes situation...that was us, last week, except we were in a studio and my mom had mini M&M cookies and Oreos. The things we do! But as long as we get the good shot...it's all worth it! It was great talking to you today and I can't wait to see the Christmas card.

Unknown said...

Yeh, all those 'no-no' things they tell us achon kids should avoid. You can't help but indulge a bit now and then. Aidan was told to not do headstands, which he loves to do so we don't encourage it, but I wonder how often he does it when I am not looking. Anywho...more great pics of Preston he looks like he really enjoyed himself at the party.

Alex said...

OMG, I can't believe you guys are not related, she looks like you!!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great weekend! Preston is adorable as ever . . . even with his comment to Mel about finding a new Preston! I just want to hug him with all of his cuteness! It looks like he had a blast jumping in the bounce house and making cookies!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

These are some good shots. They are appreciated and thank you,

Robert J. Pariser

Destini said...

I'll beat you on the "no-no" list, we own a bouncy house, and Trace loves it! Great action shots of Preston! You just reminded me that I need to take the Christmas photos and get cards ordered! I can't believe Preston actually said that to Mel - that's like 5 year old mean!

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo hoo for bounce houses! Sonya just loves her excersaucer, I'm sure she will be a big fan of bounce houses too when she's a bit older! We just did our Christmas photo shoot too! Hmmm... I think I know what I want for Christmas ~ a new digital camera with NO DELAY! Preston is so cute on his ride on and making cookies!

Becky said...

Sounds like a really great weekend! I can't believe he said that to his godmother, that's so funny! Cute pictures, good luck narrowing down from your Christmas card photo shoot!

mejane said...

LOL, "you go find a new Preston." That one needs to be written down somewhere. What a smarty pants. But ever so cute nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had an awesome visit with Mel. Did you take her to the Cracked Book (or as dad calls it, the Crap Book)? I'm sure you took her to Glory Days, I mean, you HAD to right? Everyone gets taken there. Anyway, adorable pictures and what a fresh mouth on him! Steve confessed last night that he fears Preston has forgotten him.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I find Preston's attitude hilarious, "fine, find another Preston" Where does he come up with it? Too Cute! I am glad you had a good weekend with your friend - fun! And as far as the bounce house - your attitude is right on. We secretly have a Jumper-roo! Happy Turkey Day!
Trisha

Tiffany said...

All I can say is that I seriously cannot get over that hat! I have to get one for Sawyer! It just fits him so perfectly!