Monday, November 3, 2008

The Dude gets ANOTHER Haircut

Preston has been quite the little salon visitor since about 16 months. He literally needs his hair cut about once every two months. When he was little if his hair got long he had these ridiculously cute curls in the back. Over time, they have straightened and his cowlick-which is seriously the width of his noggin has taken residence. I decided I was going to just grow his hair long to tame the cowlick. I saw pictures of Britney Spears' boys and thought that his hair would look cute longer. Except it did not happen. My reasoning was the longer the hair, the more gravity will pull it down so I don't have to tame the mane in the morning-or beg for him to just let me put some gel in it, etc. Except the length did not tame the cowlick. From the back he had one of those senior citizen women poufs. It had to go.

So off to Divas & Dudes. Preston always got his hair cut at my salon, but since that salon is in NY and the haircut was just not worth an eight hour drive even with these amazingly lower gas prices, we tried this new place. Of course he thought it much cooler since he go to sit in a rocket ship and watch Thomas. I was the crazy mom telling the lady exactly how it had to be cut, buzzed, styled, etc. It came out really good too!
On Sunday my mother and I continued birthday/Christmas shopping. I am so excited too because after hunting almost an entire day on the Internet, I found the scooter Preston wanted for Christmas! It was at his daycare and he just loves it! His feet reach the floor and he uses his legs to go. He is really fast too! It has no pedals which is fine because the exercise he is getting is great. I feared since it was listed for age 1-2 it would be too babyish, but so many of the kids in the 3-4 year old class use it too! There are so many pedal free ride on toys out there too. If anyone needs suggestions for ride on toys come to me-I went through every site on the Internet to find this thing. He is also getting some other fun things-and I am almost done narrowing down which Thomas wooden railway set to buy. That conspiracy-you would think with the prices they were widdling Percy by hand! Why is two feet of track, a tunnel and a bridge $127??? Ridiculous!
We also enjoyed the Giants game although Preston was bummed that he did not see the "silly chicken." That is the Sony HD TV commercial with Peyton Manning holding back a chicken mascot. He thinks it is the funniest thing ever. Check out the way he hung out watching football. I love this kid!

15 comments:

Tonya said...

He looks like an old pro sitting in that chair!! Jacob has cowlicks, on his left side and the center of the back of his head. I use to call him my cinnabun!!

Pres is too funny!

Danielle said...

He looks so cute with his haircut! I don't blame you for not going to NY...when I first moved down here from NJ I would go up to visit my parents whenever it was time to get my hair done. I hated the thought of finding someone new! It got out of hand quickly though.
Keith would be so jealous of Preston watching football...every week he tries to get the girls to watch the Bucs with him, and they want nothing to do with it. We need to borrow a boy for football days...
We got Peyton a Radio Flyer scooter off ebay that Tonya had recommended (Thanks Tonya!) that will be perfect after Keith takes one piece out of it. But I would love to see what you got Preston!

Unknown said...

Oh, he's such a little man hanging out on the couch and watching football! He can come join Devon and Seamus anytime...the two of them squeeze into the armchair and don't move all day Sunday! I love the new haircut...I wonder if I can find a salon that would let me sit in a rocketship?? That is pretty cool! I'd love to see the scooter you got him!

Anonymous said...

VERY handsome preston!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Ideas please! I would love to see all the cool things out there!! I know Cole is still a little young, but they grow up fast! BTW...lovin' the new haircut!

Unknown said...

About a year ago we purchased a hair type buzzer like you see at a barber shop. Now my husband and cuts his own hair and our lil dude Aidan watches and wants his hair cut but daddy too...no more salons. I just want to pinch Prestons cute lil cheeks!
Melisa

Mike Mallinson said...

The dude, as always, is so cute it's unspeakable. In fact, I think "the dude" shall be his new name - the dude abides! Hehehe... definitely post pics of the new scooter so we can see what works, though! We'll be at that point in a very short time!

On the train set topic, what we did for Evan that worked (since he's a huge Thomas fan but daddy's not into paying quite that much) is we got a wooden railway table set from Costco for $125 that was about 15-18 times bigger than the Thomas one, and added a few Thomas pieces to fill it out and add that "brand identity" that Evan wanted - worked much much better!!

Don't forget - free brewed coffee from Starbucks and free ice cream from Ben & Jerry's for voting tomorrow!! Happy Election Day!

Greene Family said...

Preston is such the handsome dude . . . love the new haircut! Cool rocketship too! He's so adorable and snuggly on the couch watching the game!
Please share info/photo of the scooter. I spent a couple of hours today looking for gift ideas for Simon for relatives that are asking, and I am always amazed at all of the toys that are available now because we definitely didn't have that many choices when I was younger.

Jaime said...

What a cute kids you've got there! He looks so handsome with his haircut. Could you let me know the brand of the scooter as I've thought about getting one for Caty, either for Christmas or her birthday, thanks.

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Seriously, Preston just chills on the couch with his blanket to watch football? I dream of the day Caden will just take a chill ... too cute!
The Diva's and Dude's place looks adorable, and Preston was such a good sport! I'm quickly learning that Caden's hair grows way too fast!
Trisha

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable (as per usual). And I think you should let Steve and I buy him the train set! Let us give him something cool because a bond isn't all that entertaining to a three year old!

Destini said...

I wish we had a haircut place especially for kids! I just feed Trace dumdum pops the entire time - it normally takes 4-5 per haircut - and he sits on my lap so I have hair all over me!
Trace picked out Spike the Ultra Dinosaur and the GeoTrax Grand Central Station for Christmas. He has been carrying the ToyRUs Big Book around showing anyone that will look and saying "I buy that, I buy that" :)

Melissa Swartley said...

Love that haircut! Nice salon too, complete with a cool seat and TV! I hear ya on the crazy hair! Sonya's hair is quite the mop! She won't sit still either, typical 9 month old, so her last hair cut was an at home done by mom difficult job! Preston is too cute all cuddled up watching football! Whoo, I hear ya on pricey little toys! Just hope he doesn't fall in love with Pokemon! My Zoe wanted some for her birthday and at $40 for two little figurines I went broke getting all the characters she wanted!

Lisa said...

Preston must be blessed with the same fast-growing hair as Liz. Adorable pics. as always!

Anonymous said...

He is just too cute! I'm glad you found a good place to get his hair cut. I'm still not sure what to do with Parker's.