Monday, June 9, 2008

Here Comes the Heat

Lord was it hot this weekend! I swear I jammed more things into about 36 hours than I thought possible. Friday Mel and I went to the Yankee game where I ate like a man (2 hot dogs, peanuts, pretzel-yum)! Saturday we were off to get Preston's mop cut yet again and he was oh so cooperative this time (LOL). I then decided to work off some of the 1000 consumed calories from the previous evening (well I sweat off a few) so Preston and I washed my car. Well actually I washed my car and Preston played in the water and covered himself with soap.
Then off to a nap went Preston while Katie and I took in some pool time and I burned a little bit. Which prompted every Captain Obvious in my office today to ask if I was outside over the weekend. I really didn't even respond to half of them. I mean if they passed the bar exam I think they can deduce red shoulders equals sunburn. The good thing is I tan up pretty easily. Katie and I then went into the city for dinner and The Little Mermaid on Broadway. It was EXCELLENT! The scenery, the costumes, the dancing. It was really amazing. Preston had a great night with Ba and Papa-he went to Friendly's and played with Play Doh.
Sunday consisted of a trip to Costco, a trip to Kohl's, a trip to the grocery store while my pedicure was drying and after they burned my eyelids with eyebrow wax, a visit to Aunt Mel's with Preston and two loads of laundry! I also started a major project at work today so my life is on hold for the remainder of the week!
Hope everyone is staying cool-especially our little sweat boxes (hee hee, I mean our cute kids)!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Ouch--I'll stick to the pedicure! I'm saving our car washing for my boys once school gets out...they don't consider it work!

Jennifer said...

You have such a cute little "helper. Looks like lots more fun than going to the car wash!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! It's been hot here too...hot and muggy! A yucky combination. I finally found a hat that fits Cole's head! He needs it when we are out in the sun. What size does Preston wear? I just am laughing (or cringing) that I had to buy a size 2-3 yrs old! WOW!

Kim said...

Katie-Preston can wear 4T-5T or at Janie and Jack 6-8! His head still is smaller than mine though! I think it is also the shape-Preston has like a triangular shaped head! :-)

Sarah said...

Kim, you seriously have one of the cutest kids ever. I think our babies make such cute kids. Every time I see pics of Preston I think how much he reminds me of Will. Not in looks, but in the things he does and the expressions, even that intense look he has playing in the bucket :) So cute. The Little Mermaid sounds amazing. We are going to have to make a trip to NY soon. I love it there.

Jillsblog said...

Unbearable these past 4 days!!!! Preston is doing such a great job in the car washing business, does he do travel??? Boston is not that far away LOL...glad to see you are keeping busy!!!

Destini said...

Preston looks like he had a lot of fun "washing" himself!
Trace helped his daddy wash his motorcycle this weekend - only he insisted that he get the hose - we were all soaked by the time he was all done!

Anonymous said...

Kim,

He is such a cutie! I love your blog. You really crack me up sometimes. The one about cutting costs hit close to home.

Lisa said...

You're right. Our weekend was almost the same. We walked around the upper west side on Sat. and Central Park. Then, we went to the show that night (November with Nathan Lane). Then, did the Yankees game on Sunday and I thought we were going to die. So, sweltering in NY. Yikes. Glad you guys are staying as cool as possible.

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I don't think I would want my eyes burned with hot wax though. Can you say FREE EYE WAX! I certainly would not have paid for that service.
Good luck with keeping cool in this heat.

Anonymous said...

Holy Moley! (or Holy Tinka's Face!) I didn't realize how much you packed into this weekend!

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

God, you're funny! If you liked the Little Mermaid, try the Lion King. It had me, my mom and my sis teared up in the 1st scene. (OK - we were all premenstral). I got a little color recently too and no once even noticed. I don't know if that's good or bad!
Cat