Friday, June 20, 2008

Back to Typical Preston

My son honestly just cracks me up. His words are flowing, his personality is just amazing and everyday there is something new. He is also trying to get down the whole potty training thing. It's not going too well. He'll go if I happen to sit him on the toilet when he has to go, but he is not yet independently asking me to go in the potty (unless of course it is a way to prolong bedtime)! He is very proud of his pull ups too! When he does go he beams and says "Oh Mommy! Pee pee Potty-I big boy!" Then he promptly asks for a prize. Lately everything is "I big boy." He loves validation that he is no longer a baby and he is growing up. Especially if he walks up steps-remember those legs are a good 2 inches shorter than other kids his age so that is quite an accomplishment! Of course being a big boy means longer wait times in the morning. He has to climb into the stroller himself or walk somewhere himself, belt his own car seat, etc. It is very cute though to watch how happy he gets.

Here are some new pictures of the dude. He is not on the phone here with anyone other than the dial tone, but once the lady comes on to tell him to hang up and try his call again, he does have conversations with her! The second is him in his cute sheep hat I got in Ireland. Preston is into sheep because of the show Jakers! The sheep have slap stick humor, they fall down and get into trouble so he thinks "seep" are pretty cool.

10 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

So stinking cute! You would be so proud of me...I bought Cole some super cute hats at Janie and Jack yesterday (the size really bothers me though). Hopefully I will get some cute pics of him in them today!!
Preston- You are a big boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Jakers! Now you know our problem is the exact opposite...Seamus has no desire to do anything on his own! He absolutely LOVES it if he can con us into feeding him and carrying him everywhere. "Mommy do it" and "Daddy do it" are heard quite often around here!

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

I think "The Dude" is the cutest thing ever. Tell him to call Owen!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! The next thing you know, he'll be asking you for his own cell phone!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

Too cute! Caty is always on her phone. When we got new phones last year we gave her our old phones. She has conversations with everyone and loves when that same lady comes on an tells her that her call cannot be completed. She makes up stories about what the lady is telling her. It's too funny. Maybe Caty and Preston can have some phone conversations as well!

Anonymous said...

OMG... toooooo cute!! I haven't seen the lil man is so long, but next time in back in NY I'll have to get some Presten time!

Jennifer said...

As always such a cutie! Love that face. Love that smile. I seriously want to get all these beautiful blogged about children together in one room so we can all just go on and on about their cuteness. Of course maybe it would be too much cuteness in one room and the room would explode!

Destini said...

I'm totally jealous that Preston is pottying! Trace has a firm "NO" when you ask him if he wants to go potty. Or he acts like he is going to sit on the potty and pees on the floor. Maybe in a few more months.

Anonymous said...

LOL He has conversations with the dial tone lady! Hilarious! I wish I could see him react to the episode where the sheep go *kicks the air* "Boom!"