Sunday, June 12, 2011

Movin’ on Up!

Preston graduated preschool.  Truly I don’t know how this happened.  It was as if I blinked, and five and half years have passed. Preston had a wonderful nanny from six months until about 22 months.  Here is Preston on his first day of school back in New York:

BG

The past two years Montessori focused on the continents.  Therefore each child was assigned a continent to dress up as for graduation.  This caused me much stress.  We just had come up with a costume for the Q&U Wedding.  He was Antarctica. Frantically I called Miss Kim the night before who said, “Just go to Ben Franklin and get a white shirt, glue on some pom poms.  He’ll be fine.”  Recall…fear of craft stores.  I’ve talked about this on numerous occasions.  I braved Ben Franklin Thursday at lunch.  On of the paralegals even texted me during the process to make sure I was doing ok.  I was actually quite pleased with the costume I came up with!  Although when I came home and he asked me if I got his costume, I replied with, “Yes.  You will be the best Asia ever.”  He seriously almost had a heart attack. “MOM!  I’m Antarctica! I told you that!”  (*evil snicker). I bought him Where the Sidewalk Ends since he is loving all the poems in A Light in the Attic.  I wrote, “May your sidewalk never end.”  I also bawled when buying him a card that played “Pomp and Circumstance.”

IMG_7293

IMG_7297

IMG_7316

IMG_7321

Of course, Preston had to be the biggest ham of all.  Here is a portion of the “Continents Song.”  The lyrics are, the world is round and there’s lots of land.  Seven big pieces and it’s really grand.  They’re called continents. Continents.”  Check out the facial expressions during the continents. He should have his own television show.

IMG_7324

IMG_7326

IMG_7328

And I like the above picture so much, I’m overlooking the lipstick on my teeth.  I’m ok with it. They made buses with pictures of each kid going to the area elementary schools.

IMG_7329

Pres with his teachers, Miss Christine, Miss Kim and Miss Suzette.

IMG_7330

Other happenings in June.  My mother’s goddaughter Katie stopped in Virginia to sleep over on her way to New York to visit.  It’s so nice to see her always and we had a lot of laughs.

IMG_7179

And a picture of Pres being super handsome:

IMG_7186

My mother bought him a sleeping t-shirt with all the New York boroughs on it. He is a huge fan!

IMG_7286

This t-shirt mom bought him which we feel sums up his love for snacks:

IMG_7291

And because we can have no pictures lately without the signature pointing:

IMG_7337

9 comments:

mel said...

I cant deal with him being so old and going off to Kindergarten!! how did that happen? Hes so ridiculous. That pic of you two after the video may be the best pic yet!! love it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to super handsome preston and his beautiful mommy....Kim u should be so proud of him as well as yourself....God bless him, he is always smiling and for us moms thats all that matters...have a great summer...lisa

Andrea said...

Yay for Kindergarten!!! Sounds like Preston will be the light of his new class!!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Are you freaking kidding me with that first day of preschool picture? I can't take it! I wanted to jump into that picture and squeeze him. He is sooooooooooo handsome!!! Wow preschool ended. That is so sad but so wonderful! A new chapter in both of your lives. I love the video. It truly seems that he loves school. You can see it all over his adorable face! He is going to shine in kindergarten! Xoxo

babs said...

Oh Preston--what can grandma say but you are such a special little boy who brings endless happiness, love & most especially laughter into everyone's lives who you touch--5 1/2 years ago God blessed us with the most priceless gift we could ever have gotten--you!Go Preston--you will shine in kindergarten--love you my precious little man--Ba

The Wymers said...

Okay, that first day of school picture was just too freaking adorable.

And, secondly, YAY PRESTON on being a big kindergartener now! I have no doubt that he's going to own the place by the end of the first week. :P

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...Pres on the first day of preschool? Please. I can't handle it. Awesome job on Antarctica! I am so impressed! He looks so proud with his diploma. Way to go Preston, we are so happy for you!

Greene Family said...

I LOVE Pres in that first day of school picture - beyond adorable!! I can't believe he'll be off to kindergarten in the fall!
Kim, you are awesome and should be so proud of the costume you made Pres!! He's soooo cute - cutest Antarctica ever!! Thanks for sharing the adorable video, and yes, he could have his own show! Great picture of the two of you! I know you must be so proud of Pres - he's one amazing boy!
Where the Sidewalk Ends is one of my favorites!
His signature pointing is too much - he's such the star!

Caden and Mommy said...

Love HIM! Love that he has a tshirt for every occasion, love the signature pointing, and love that he graduated from preschool. You did awesome with his costume ~ so cute. If I was closer I would totally do your craft store shopping for you.
... and I love the video. He's such a clown :0) ... and where did that little boy go in the first picture? Goes toooo fast!