Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall…Sort Of

We are T-minus one week until Halloween and I’m still pretending it’s summer because well, it’s 80 degrees still.  Yesterday was frigid in the morning, about 39 degrees, but a warm spell is descending upon us again. (Yay).  The neighborhood is once again in BOO mode.  Here is Preston with his boo bag and our two pumpkins we made to BOO two other houses.  My mother got very cool BOO goodies!

IMG_5305

IMG_5309

And to prove I’m not lying, this is the extent of the foliage thus far in my parents’ backyard.

IMG_5324

IMG_5328

IMG_5323

Today Pres, my father and I went to the pumpkin farm.  Because I started this blog when Pres was over 2, it’s only fair that I include pictures from his first two pumpkin patch outings, at almost 11 months and almost two:

pumpkin

pumpkin 2

I miss those little curls…that have been replaced by the world’s most unruly cowlick.  If Pres does not get a trim on my highlight schedule (every six weeks) he starts to grow a Snooki poof on the back of his head. 

Here are some pictures from today:

IMG_5330

IMG_5333

IMG_5334

IMG_5335

IMG_5336

These are water duck races that my mother and Katie were fond of last year.  The child to the right after one race started pumping water apparently too quickly as my son admonished, “Um, you need to wait until the man says ‘ready, set, go.’”  Thanks Pres.  And is it just me or does the worker in the black shirt look like Ray Romano?

IMG_5342

Tackling the corn maze.  I was so proud of Pres.  It’s really long and he was a trooper walking through it!

IMG_5340

IMG_5346

9 comments:

Katie Jaye said...

FIRST!

Yeah that guy does look like Ray!

I loved his curls too! (I like the Snooki comment) It looks like you guys had a fun time at the pumpkin farm! Great shots!

Andrea said...

I love the BOO baskets!! We've been "Boo"ed twice now. I'm not sure what the boo-etiquette is, but our ghost was in the window, very visible! And we were boo'd again. Do we have to Boo back? My kids will say yes, I'm sure!

Tiffany said...

I haven't heard of "BOO" baskets before. So interesting. I think for sure that guy looks like Ray R., that's hilarious. I love that Preston always keeps other children in line, we need more boys like that! Such a cutie.

Melissa Swartley said...

I LOVE THE PIC'S!!! I hear ya on the weather! What is going on here?! We are back up to the high 70's and I am rocin the flip flops still! Woo hoo!! Our foliage just started turning, which I think is only because of our extreme wet weather just a month ago. Seriously, how cute are those years past pictures too! So sweet! LOL Snooki poof! At least Preston's is the real deal, Snooki uses bump-it's! Haha! Oh man, Sonya has the wicked cowlick too! Now if i could just keep her from putting her honey coated chicken nuggets in her hair! Yes, that dude does look like Ray Romano! I totally see it! Love the last picture the best! Preston has the smile that lights up all of NY! Seriously, he must be the generator at the power plant! Love him! :)

The Wymers said...

OMG the pics! Too. Freaking. Cute! I'm jealous of your 80* weather, this afternoon when I left Target the thermostat in the car said it was 39* outside. Enjoy your Indian Summer, I think we're well onto our way to winter up here! :O)

Unknown said...

Hooray for baby Preston pics! So, so stinkin cute. Can you believe they were ever that little?? I'm glad my son is not the only stickler for rules, he's more than happy to inform people that they may not be doing something right! We have a farm with a duck race just like that. I can't believe it's 80 there...yikes...I'm sweating just thinking about it!!!

Anonymous said...

good pumpkin shots robert

Caden and Mommy said...

Loving Mr. Preston, he is so cute ... and I'm glad he kept everyone in line at the duck race! Those pictures of the past are adorable! I hear you on the curls being replaced by the cowlick!
Happy Halloween!

Greene Family said...

Love Preston's baby pictures and his curly hair!! Preston looks like he had a blast at the pumpkin farm - adorable pictures! He always cracks me up the way he keeps other kids in line! Simon is just starting to do this a little bit. Yes - that guy looks like Ray Romano! Yay for tackling the corn maze, Preston! Love that last picture!
How fun that you BOO your neighbors! After seeing your post last year, I thought that I would try to BOO our neighbors this year, but it just didn't happen . . . maybe next year.