Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Embracing Fall….Against my Will

Well it appears the Yanks are on their way to a pitiful end to the season. But this picture was still very cute:

44874_437184190417_570735417_5368548_5583551_n

I hate that I like sports. Because I get really upset. Like super upset. I curse, I let the game ruin my day. I just feel when you love baseball you invest good chunk of your year and then to watch an All Star line up basically pee down their legs AT HOME, ugh, just so annoying. Anyway, this weekend my sis came down to visit. On Saturday she went racing in a local 5K.

IMG_5224

IMG_5223

The above picture is true love. Getting up at the crack of dawn with no make up on and off to cheer my sis and it was COLD! I had to wear SNEAKERS!

IMG_5227

IMG_5229

Katie even beat her personal record or in runner’s lingo-PR. Go Tinka!

That afternoon we drove to Charlottesville to go apple picking. Pretty much us and everybody else in the entire Commonwealth of Virginia! It was a pretty mountain but there is barely any foliage here yet. Seriously, the summer flowers are still in our garden. We went up with our neighbors. It was a good time and a gorgeous day!

IMG_5234

IMG_5237

IMG_5260

IMG_5249

IMG_5265

IMG_5266

And what weekend is complete without a little baking?

P1000109 (2)

IMG_5272

Then Aunt Tinka became the coolest aunt ever and bought Preston silly string.

IMG_5286

IMG_5292

IMG_5289

Going to miss Katie. I won’t see her again until Thanksgiving. When it will be really cold. Only 5 more months until mid March.

6 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

I hear ya on investing time with sports. The Eagles do it every year. Oh wow, did I just say that! Way to go Katie!!!! Seriously, you are awesome! I love the pictures from the orchard! Very cute pic of Preston in front of that huge pumpkin sign! Looks like you guys made some really yummy cupcakes! Oh silly string! His face of pure excitement says it all! Good times!

mejane said...

Sorry I can't talk sports with you. I went to two baseball games this year and that's more than what I've seen in the past 5 years. However, I love how passionate and angry you get with your sports. It makes for very amusing blog posts and FB comments. Your insults are hilarious ("pee down their legs...")!

Katie Jaye said...

Thanks Melissa!

I love the silly string action shot! It's so totally cool! I should make that my default next month.

I had a wonderful weekend with you guys! (see I used YOU GUYS and not yall so you can't rip my manga books...which by the way I already read one of the series mom bought me at the Cracked Book). You coming to the race in the cold and early morning is true love. Thank you for supporting me! I'm sorry we didn't win anything in the raffle even though everyone else there did.

I'm looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving at the Reab Household!

Greene Family said...

Great pictures of you and Pres! Love Pres' excitement with the silly string! It looks like you guys had a great time at the apple orchard! Pretty view . . . we just started to get some pretty foliage here this week.
Way to go, Katie!! Yay for beating her PR! That is sisterly love going out so early in the cold to cheer her on!
I love how often you and Pres make cute cupcakes! Simon always gets excited when we bake cupcakes.

Unknown said...

First of all, how awesome is Katie for going away for the weekend and running a 5K? I'd be like..."Nope...sorry...I'm on vacation!" It was wonderful of you to get up early to cheer her on! Looks like a wonderful fall weekend you had. Silly string is a big hit in this house too...or should I say at Poppy's house, because lord knows I'm not buying that stuff! Great cupcakes Pres!

Chelsea and Cody said...

I love you! You guys are sooo cute!