Monday, August 30, 2010

Rudolph Loves Trains

Huh? I picked Preston up from school on Friday and this is what his nose looked like:

IMG_4910

The teachers had no idea how this happened. Preston had no idea how this happened. Regardless of my deposition style tactics, Preston kept insisting he did not fall. But he had the day before on the playground. The scrape must not have started to scab for a whole day. Everyone had been scratching their heads! Silly boy. He looked in the mirror on Saturday and proclaimed, “Ohhhh I don’t like this cut on my nose. It’s annoying me!” Can we say vain? Perhaps slowing down on the bicycles is the answer for no more annoying scrapes.

I include this picture below because I snapped it while Pres was playing with Play Doh. He just looks so handsome.

IMG_4917
Saturday morning we spent some time outside. I had to laugh because we had one cool (*read 83) degree day and everyone kept saying how fall was coming. Now, it was 97 degrees today. It may be September on Wednesday, but fall is not coming. It’s not coming any time soon. Which is fine with me because I am STILL taking tags off of summer clothes.

IMG_4919

Saturday night we went out to dinner with the Kaufmans. Preston has now decided that Maddy is no longer Baby Maddy, but big girl Maddy.

IMG_4921

Sunday was a big day for Preston. He was invited to his friend Jack’s birthday party. Jack has left the school but Preston was still invited. They had a piƱata, a magician and of course cake, ice cream, hot dogs and pb&j sandwiches!

IMG_4931


Waiting for the magic show.

IMG_4934

Cake and ice cream!

My hair dresser, Jesse, who has become a good friend of mine, invited us all over on Sunday to her parents’ home. Her father is a collector of Lionel trains and has an entire room devoted to trains. My father, being a collector too might have been more excited than Preston. Preston was thrilled to get to see all the trains!

IMG_4938

IMG_4940

IMG_4943

Have a great week everyone!

10 comments:

Jaime said...

Even with a red nose, your son is adorable! Somehow Caty ended up with a scratch on hers as well.

I bet that you had a hard time prying Pres away from those trains! Every kids dream!!

Greene Family said...

Preston - do you know just how cute you are?! He does look so handsome and so grown up in that second picture!
Haha - I was so excited when it was in the low/mid-80s here for a couple of days, but I knew the 90 degree plus weather was coming right back. This weekend is supposed to be in the 70s and then go back up to the 90s during the week.
Maddy is a cutie! Yay for fun birthday parties! How cool to get to see all of those trains! Simon is excited just seeing the pictures! :)
Have a great week!
Love the picture of Pres with his hat on . . . Simon likes his shirt and awesome truck/cars!

Destini said...

Wow, I bet your dad and Preston were super excited to see those trains! I so love Preston's serious face in the play doh picture - he is definitely handsome! You should see Trace - he has fallen like 4 times in the past week and landed on the same spot on his friggin' forehead each time. The goose egg that is an icky shade of bruise brown is awful.

mel said...

i mean, does he get more handsome as the days go by? i think so. its hard to beleive that he is going to be five in a few short months. I look foward to december for many reasons. Preston's birthday, chritmas, incarceration...

Unknown said...

Aww, poor Rudolph! He's still as cute as ever, even with a scrape! Seamus now thinks it's cool to have a cut, especially if it "bloods." I mean, how gross is that?? That train collection is amazing - I'm sure Pres had a ball!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Pres is cute as ever...I love seeing the new pics!

The Wymers said...

Okay - so when I saw the blog title I was like, WTF? It's freaking September and she's already going all Christmas? Just sayin'... I got a chuckle out of it. The dude is as adorable as ever, love all the pics (those trains were pretty cool). And, Nikki likes to look at your blog now and always tells me that Preston's her 'friend from Tennessee' LOL.

Katie Jaye said...

Do you think Dad will set up his trains now after going over Jesse's? I remember when he had them down the basement for us and we could look at them but only he could touch. Didn't Ron make the train boards for him too?

Unknown said...

Still totally adorable, scratch and all! Aidan just loves all those trains Preston got to enjoy.

Tiffany Spencer said...

Great blogg you have here