Monday, August 2, 2010

Katie and Steve Visit! AGAIN KATIE?

Katie and Steve came to join us down here in Richmond for the weekend and it was such a blast.  Started off the weekend on Thursday with hors de ouvres and baseball.  I had just been at two mediations back to back and both cases settled and drove through a monsoon to get home.  Friday I met the fam at the mall for some retail therapy and of course….a ride on the train. 

IMG_4713

IMG_4714

IMG_4715

Saturday we went to Busch Gardens and we did not have Pres with us.  I conquered Griffon!!!! Yay for me.  And it took Mel a lot of convincing to truly believe I did ride!

IMG_4718

IMG_4721

IMG_4720

IMG_4724

Can you find Katie and Steve?  Katie is in pink, Steve, red.  When I rode I was one row back all the way to the left.

IMG_4725

This picture needs explaining:  Katie has taught Preston Thomas Dolby’s hit, “She Blinded me With Science.”  Every time the guy in the background says, “SCIENCE!” Katie raises a finger.  Preston has decided this is hilarious and it is now a popular request in the car.

IMG_4727

So excited to see them again in a few weeks!  Hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:

Mel said...

Seriously Katie, AGAIN? Visiting Richmond! you know Matt keeps a tally of your visits. I bet he has your frequent flyer miles totalled on his non-working blackberry.
Im glad that you enjoyed Griffon.... finally. However, I will stick mock you for not going on it the first time!!!

Katie Jaye said...

Mel, I tried to convince Kim that in order to "beat" you she would HAVE to ride in the front row the first time and dad was all for it and she chickened out. But she really wanted to do the front row after she came in from her first go so that's something, right?

I'm actually very flattered that one of the best golf pros out there keeps a tally of my Virginia visits. I had no idea that I had a fan of that magnitude! Even Steve doesn't keep track of me that well and he's my husband. I hope this doesn't spark any jealousy!

SCIENCE!

Melissa Swartley said...

Great pictures!!! Way to go on conquering the Griffon! I would have died! Scary!!! LOL on "SCIENCE!"

Unknown said...

I am dying to see the Science finger motions! Can that be captured on video?? Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Katie and Steve are so cute!

Laura Wolf said...

You and your sister know how to have some fun! Love it that Preston is so into his music. Can't wait for him to be in the talent show at Nationals. Oh, not for a million dollars would you find me on that rollercoaster. You got some nerves of steel!!

The Wymers said...

I'm so behind on the blogs it's ridiculous. Love the pics, looks like you guys had a blast. That coaster looks like it would have been fun! :o)

Greene Family said...

It looks like you had another fun weekend with Katie and Steve! Cute picture of Pres with Katie and Steve on the train!
Great pics at Busch Gardens too! Congrats on conquering the Griffon! I would have still chickened out.
I agree with Emily - we need to see a video of "SCIENCE!" Too funny!
Are you still planning to come to the Regional next month? I think the info/forms are supposed to be in the mail this week.