Sunday, July 25, 2010

105 Degrees? BRING IT!

This has pretty much been the weather in VA this month:

IMG_4681

And I love summer.  I really love summer a lot.  But this has been oppressive.  Yet we have not let this heat get us down.  What have we been up to? Lots of things with my little clown.  He modeled his new pjs with PaPa’s shoes:

IMG_4633

He donned some perfect shirts:  the first from Aunt Tinka which sums Pres up completely, the second…well pretty much how Pres views the world:

IMG_4635

IMG_4657

Believe it or not the zinnias are still alive even though it seems only cacti would survive in this heat:

IMG_4650

It was too hot for the kids to go outside so they had face painting in school:

IMG_4651

Yesterday Pres helped food shop.  He loves these little carts, but once again the store managers were super smart and ordered two, so I usually hold my breath and wait for the melt down if someone has taken his cart:

IMG00197-20100724-1231[1] (2)

Then we went to the outdoor mall in the afternoon to look for something in Restoration.  There are sprinklers and thankfully Children’s Place still was selling swim suits---as opposed to Gymboree that is selling wool sweaters.  I actually told the salesgirl the store was making me nauseous.

sprinkler

Pres spent the night last night with Grandma and PaPa.  Of course he slept 12 hours uninterrupted.  Naturally.  Today he and I hit the pool!  As you can see there is a lot of excitement over the water. 

IMG_4676

And here is the little man after a long weekend of fun and sun!

IMG_4680

13 comments:

Danielle said...

What a fun weekend :) I hear ya on the heat, it has been unbearable here as well! And the same thing-long sleeves and sweaters in the stores!! Like we ever need them here. At least Preston is cute as can be, as always!

Unknown said...

Pres is so sweet in these pictures. You'd never guess it was as hot as you say it is. Hope it cools down for you soon so you can enjoy the outdoors a bit more. I suspect if I were to visit the east coast, the best time for me to visit would be the spring or fall. Can't stand the humidity or freezing temps.

Unknown said...

Yikes, I actually broke a sweat just looking at that outdoor thermometer! That is some serious heat. Glad you guys have been keeping cool...I actually love the grocery store on a hot day! Those mini carts are too cute - although I have to say I am glad they have not infiltrated Hannaford yet, because I can just imagine how many injuries would be caused to the other patrons with my two wackos driving their own carts!! Pres looks so grown up in these pictures - I can't believe it. So handsome!

Tiffany said...

Alright this boy is just too adorable! I'm loving the thumbs up! And I would die, DIE in that kind of heat. I can't believe it gets that hot!

Elizabeth Adam said...

Hi Kim! I do not mind at all if you add me to your blog roll. Hope you have a great week!

Elizabeth

Greene Family said...

You have the perfect little model - love his shirts, and of course, his amazing smile and thumbs up!! It looks like you guys have been having lots of fun in this insane heat! I love summer, but I'm ready for the fall weather at this point. Your zinnias are beautiful . . . the heat is taking its toll on our flowers, but we did have a crazy storm yesterday that is helping a little.

Mel said...

WOW. Preston gets cuter by the second! its a good thing you were sick this past weekend, or preston would have been in trouble. apparently parenting stops when you have the sniffles. or there is a PGA tournament on TV.

Caden and Mommy said...

Love. Love. Love. Mel's comment :0)
Thank you for the adorable jammies! Caden keeps telling me, these are from Preston in Nashville ... Okay, well he kind of gets it :0)
Yes! Vegas is still on in my mind. We'll talk more about it soon!
The heat! It's a little much, we've been 100+ this week too ... I'm glad to see you guys are making the most of it! The dragon pool is way cool! Hopefully Caden will decide to like the pool someday! The videos are adorable!
Love the baseball jammies, and Pa-Pa's shoes coordinate with it perfectly! The actor shirt is great, Caden needs that one as well! ... and the little shopping carts what fun. They had those in when we were in Bend and Caden loved them ... I kind of have to agree with Emily though, I can see Caden taking out a customer or two with the cart ... you saw him with the stroller, yikes!
Stay cool!

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo!!! And I thought 103 in Baltimore this past Saturday was hot! 105! That's killer! Love the face paint and the way too cute T's! I hear ya on those stores! Umm, I saw Halloween costumes the other day... yes, Halloween! Freakin' school hasn't even started and they are all ready with the costumes??? WTH?! Finding a swimsuit is impressive at this point, so you rock!!! Looks like Preston had a blast in the water!!!

The Wymers said...

hehehe - just wait, you'll find yourself stuck in the middle of a massive blizzard in no time!

I so hear you on those carts, I used to HATE going to the market because Kylie always wanted that stupid thing and our one in Cali only had ONE FREAKING CART ... like, really? Grrr...so, yeah, I hear ya on that one! LOL

Great pics of the dude, as always - he's such a little stud muffin! Glad you were able to find a suit so he could go splash in the water - hope it cools down for you guys soon...

Laura Wolf said...

Cute, I love Preston's positive messages with the thrumbs up. It has now become a habit that Nate and I read your blog together. After the pool video, Nate can't get enough of Preston. Lol!

Kasia and Amelia said...

Kim, I also do not like the heat ! This summer has been brutal to all of us but it looks like it is not lost to you and Pres! He is very happy, handsome, enjoying every bit of life! I am loving it! I love the pictures (all of them) but especially this with beautiful flowers! Preston's smile is amazing! We hope to meet you both some time in a near future!

Mandy said...

I see the water is a huge hit with Preston too! Andrea is an absolute water bug! We have to fight to get her to get out of the pool. Hopefully the heat will cool soon. I can't wait for fall to get here!