Sunday, June 13, 2010

Well, I Did Whine About the Snow….

And my punishment is weather that fries you the second you walk out the door! It’s ok though, any time when flip flops are the shoes of choice, I will deal. Here are some of the things we have been up to this week: One of Pres’ haute cuisine choices here in the suburbs outside Richmond is Cheeburger Cheeburger. I don’t know what a chee is, but Pres loves that he gets his grilled cheese in a paper classic car box.

img00075-20100602-1927[1] (2)

Mommy completely messed up-I thought summer camp started this past Monday, but it begins on the 21st. I even picked out an appropriate shirt for the faux first day.

IMG_4096

I’m including this picture because I loved this new t-shirt my mother found in Target because my Pres loves any t-shirts with food on them (naturally). And then he went to school and stained it. Rats. But I did get a really cute picture and will retire the shirt to his school cubby for extra play clothes. (Emily-my partner in crime with clothes-the stain is not visible to 99.99% of the population, but you understand why it has been taken out of the rotation right)?

IMG_4101

Just like Trish has been showing us that Caden is loving helping around the house, Pres’ favorite activity is vacuuming with the little portable vacuum. I guess we should milk these involuntary chores for as long as possible!

IMG_4112

Yesterday Pres and I went to Maymont Park in Richmond with my friend Tara and her two kids. Tara and I met on Long Island when she worked in the bank I banked in. We became fast friends and then we found out we are related by marriage. Yes. While sitting waiting for Tara to walk down the aisle my father realized that the groom’s mother and he were long lost cousins. So technically our children are cousins! Tara and Chris relocated to the Richmond area years before me and through Facebook we reconnected!

IMG_4123

IMG_4116

IMG_4117

One lady stopped me at the children’s farm and asked me how old Preston was. I said, "four." She said. "are you sure?" (Ummm...pretty sure... I mean I was there.) She followed up with, "because he speaks like he is much older." Because my son was reprimanding…that’s right, reprimanding the goats to get off the fence and be patient while he was trying to feed them. It was really funny because only Preston would tell farm animals to behave and listen (perhaps on the listening angle he can reprimand himself LOL). After Maymont and a long needed haircut, we had a visit from old friends, the Pesatures. These were long life friends and the youngest daughter Katie is my mother’s goddaughter. It was as if time never passed! Another Facebook reunion!

IMG_4137

We all went out to dinner and Preston took on the role of waiter, of course, I think to get the attention of the majority of the restaurant. He was more entertaining that the poor waiters doing the hibachi grill. Oh and in true Preston fashion he also informed our waiter that he needed to be careful with the fire and make sure to note the hoses in the hoods above the grill.

IMG_4142

Today we are having company for dinner and mom is making baked ziti! Preston already tried a meatball to go with his extra mozzarella and happily proclaimed, “Grandma, you make the best meatballs.” And she does. On that note, I am off to help prepare!

IMG_4146

9 comments:

sharon said...

OMG Preston is such a great character love that heis telling off the farm animals and can totally belive him being the most entertaining. Would love to him together with fern:)

mel said...

Wow- preston the waiter. THere is not a doubt in my mind that Preston will have a job before his dad ever procurs one.

Destini said...

Haha, Preston telling off the goats is too funny - maybe he should talk to Trace, he definitely needs some reprimanding, and I hear that peer pressure works. What a cute waiter!

Chelsea and Cody said...

You crack me up, as does preston! He is so dang cute. Love the updates!

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe the heat you are having! I'm sweating just thinking about it!! Super cute pictures, love Preston as the waiter! Adorable! Bummer about the new shirt getting stained, it was a cute one! Also love the very apropos summer camp shirt as well. He is stylin'!

The Wymers said...

Love that Preston decided to teach the goats manners. After he's done whipping Trace into shape send him up my way so he can work on my girls! LOL! Great pics, as usual, the little man is just too cute to take a bad one!

Mandy said...

Wishing it would be a little warmer here and not rain so much. I'm so jealous! So funny that Pres reprimands the farm animals. LOL It certainly looks like you have been very busy!

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo hoo for FB reunions! How super cool that your friend turned out to be related! Looks like Pres had a great time at Cheeseburger Cheeseburger and Maymont! Love how he is digging cleaning! I wish I were so lucky! The last pic is way too cute too!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a fun week, and yay for FB reunions! How cool that it turned out that you and Tara are related!
Preston is too much!! I'm cracking up about him reprimanding the goats! Great pictures! Love Preston's summer camp shirt, and what an adorable waiter!