Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Father’s Day PaPa!

Our Father’s Day was very nice.  The recipient-my dad.  We started off the day at the Jefferson Hotel for brunch.  That was my gift to my dad! 

IMG_4208

IMG_4207

IMG_4213

It’s such a beautiful hotel.  My sister is totally jealous that she was not there for this magnificent feast!  She was a big fan of the Jefferson brunch.  Maybe next time Kate.  We definitely enjoyed our champagne-which went into the oj for a nice mimosa!

Here is dad hitting up the pastry/dessert table.

IMG_4216

Those chocolate mousses in the little cups, bottom right….to die for!  I love that brunch! Later in the dad Preston gave PaPa his gifts. A Williams Sonoma bag of goodies, including the below grill pan which apparently is a hot ticket item-(thanks to my mom for suggesting it)!  Notice how red Pres is under the nose and it was at this point in the dad when I was feeling even worse-a prelude for Monday.

IMG_4222

IMG_4220

Happy Father’s Day to the best Dad and PaPa in the world. 

Monday brought with it double strep diagnoses for Pres and I, double antibiotic scripts and then-yes…DOUBLE flat tires.  I don’t really want to relive the experience especially since by that point I felt like I was going to die-I was dizzy, my throat was raw and I was even getting chills and body aches-and did I mention it’s like 110 degrees here every day all of a sudden?  But my son and his Parent’s Doctor’s kit healed me.  He removed a splinter, cut a hangnail, gave me three doses of medicine, took my blood pressure, heard my heart and then gave me oxygen.  All with his trusty kit.  Thank goodness for the oxygen or you guys would have lost me.Today-wow the drugs work fast!  I feel so much better and Pres is still bouncing off the walls!  I leave you with two adorable pics of the dude.

IMG_4198

IMG_4193

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Geez Kim. You're such an overachiever. One flat tire would have been plenty but nooooo, you just had to go for the gusto! So glad you and the always spectacular Preston are feeling better. Strep is no fun. So wish I was actually meeting you in Nashville. Sigh. Maybe next year.

Unknown said...

Wow, I would die to experience that brunch! It looks amazing! What a wonderful Father's Day. So glad you both are feeling better. Strep is the worst! I seem to be particularly susceptible to it. I hope you are both hanging in there with the heat1

Destini said...

What a brunch! Now I'm hungry and it's not even 10! Strep so totally sucks, but the antibiotics sure do work fast! It's not 110 here, but 90 with like 110% humidity isn't much better - sometimes I think it's too hot to even go outside to the pool!

mel said...

where do I even begin? WEll for starters Im glad that you had a nice brunch with your dad. he deserved it. it is a great dad and WONDERFUL papa to preston. which makes up for the fact that his sperm doner (bc i refuse to acknowledge him as a parent) of a father is the biggest loser known to man kind. Fortunately Pres has positive male figures in his life to compensate for the waste of life that is Matt.

Melissa Swartley said...

What a great father's Day for your dad! Lucky guy, I totally want that grill pan! Sorry to hear you guys got so sick! Blah with 110 degree weather, you must have felt deader than dead! Glad those meds are miracle workers and that Preston's oxygen revived you both! Way cute pictures!!!

Unknown said...

From someone that had strep over and over as a kid I feel for you. Like a sudden flu onset. Antibiotics are a lifesaver. Beautiful place indeed to have brunch with your father. Looks like he had a fabulous day with you two!

Greene Family said...

It looks like your dad had a great Father's Day! That hotel is beautiful and what a yummy brunch! The second picture of Preston with his PaPa is cute, and those last two pictures are adorable!
I'm so glad that you and Preston are feeling better after the antibiotics! Love that Preston could make you feel better with his doctor's kit!
The heat has been a scorcher here too, and I'm starting to worry about how hot it is going to be for Simon's outdoor party next month.