Thursday, March 25, 2010

Uncle Chris, Aunt Anna & Art

 

This past weekend we had a great visit with my brother and Anna.  We do not get to see them that often and so when we do we have to jam pack a lot of things into very little time. (Including Chris and I talking about Notorious BIG lyrics-we do, seriously).  Here are some pics of the visit:

IMG_3284

Uncle Chris wrestling Preston because P-Dizzle/P-Donkel (Chris’ names for Pres) has a better NCAA bracket than he does thus far.

Then it was time to go outside and do a little baseball practice.  Pres is getting a lot better with his catching (when Chris did not throw the ball at the speed of Mariano Rivera at him).  After b-ball I blew bubbles while Chris and Pres chased them.  Then Chris showed Pres he could catch them in his mouth. Awesome. Thanks Pher.

IMG_3290 IMG_3298

IMG_3300 IMG_3289

Preston and Chris enjoyed story time together.  Although I think Chris enjoyed Dinner at the Panda Palace  even more than Pres.

IMG_3318

Then it was cuddle time with Aunt Anna.

IMG_3323

Tonight was Preston’s Montessori Art Show.  We were sent engraved invitations and it stated “Formal Attire.” I figured ok-formal attire, I am sure Pres can just wear a really nice outfit.  Then this morning I saw Ms. Faith pull out a black dress and thought, “Oh you guys seriously meant formal attire?”  Ms. Kim and Ms. Faith assured me Preston would be fine.  Miss Kim has personally seen Preston’s closet. So I started to relax…until they told me there was going to be a professional photographer, the principal from the local elementary school was going to be there and there was going to be live music.  My face visibly paled.  I walked to the car contemplating every article of clothing in Preston’s closet and dressers.  I was in a state of utter panic calling my mother, Marrah and Mel (almost simultaneously) and trying to figure out how Pres was going to pull off a “formal number.”  The blazer from Katie’s wedding was out-the arms I knew would be too short.  Switching gears but still thinking nautical theme (much like Katie’s wedding) I mentally put together and outfit.  Here is the dude before the show:

IMG_3352

IMG_3348

I cannot say enough about the art show.  Preston is so blessed to have these teachers.  This was a good month and a half worth of work and effort and I cannot applaud them enough.  They even had cheese, grapes and apple juice in wine glasses.  The artwork was amazing. I had tears in my eyes and the children were so excited to show off their work.

IMG_3368

Preston and Miss Kim (Grecian vases that the kids made in teams of two and the rainbow paint art is hanging behind them).

IMG_3370

In honor of Michelangelo the kids painted on their backs and they hung the paintings from the ceiling. Pres is on the bottom right.

IMG_3379

Preston’s art.  On the table is his sculpture (kids wrapped toys in masking tape and painted them), a self portrait (the kids did faces out of clay and they were sent to a fire pit company to glaze and harden), the canvas is based on Monet’s Water Lilies, the bottom right is Van Gogh’s Sunflowers.   He even got to take his own digital photograph.  I had tears in my eyes.  It was beautiful!

IMG_3376

IMG_3375

IMG_3380

IMG_3389

Every good artist must relax with some wine!

IMG_3391

15 comments:

marrah said...

Love these pics and how cultured Preston is. It is all a tribute to you and the fact you are an awesome Mom..I love how he knows all about Art History and has created his own artwork. The last picture is my favorite-all he needs is to be on a boat...Also, you look FABULOUS!!! I have to say, I really miss you two.

Ever Changing said...

How amazing! Those baseball photos are priceless, Preston makes such adorable faces!
Their art projects are pretty cool as well! Who would've thought that wrapping a toy with duct tape could be so much fun! I'm going to have to try that with Lilah!

Unknown said...

What an awesome event! It must have been so much fun! And formal attire and photographers...adorable. Seamus would have insisted on wearing his Sacred Heart t-shirt, because lately that is the only acceptable piece of clothing in the closet. Luckily he has 10! Oh, and no "scratchy pants" either. Sheesh. What am I going to do with this kid?? You and Preston and Grandma looked just beautiful for the event. So glad you had lots of fun with Chris and Anna as well!

The Wymers said...

How fun! Love the pics of Pres playing baseball, he looked so excited that he actually caught the ball! And, really, did he have all the girls just fawning over him at his art show? Too freaking cute. Really. :o)

Yiannakis Family said...

Wow, Kim what an awesome school Preston goes to! I love the pictures of him drinking his "wine" and "Preston Lombardo" is just too much!!!

Tinka said...

Aw Kim! This Montessori school is the best! They do such fun and creative things with the children. It makes me want to go back to teaching. The pictures were great especially the one of him drinking the "wine"; he looks so sophisticated!

It looks like Pher and Anna had a really good time with you guys and I'm glad you broke in the mitt! Steve thinks he would be a great pitcher but I also think he'd be a wonderful catcher.

Destini said...

Ok, the nautical theme and gelled hair for the win! Too freakin adorable!!!!! What great artwork - I might have to have Pres talk to Trace - he colors for like 3 seconds and is done. Great baseball pics and it sounds like a wonderful visit from Chris and Anna. The last picture of Pres sipping his wine is just too much!

Mel said...

ok lets try this again- seriously there are NO words for the cuteness that is preston!!! the baseball pics are too much to handle, and dont get my started on the wine!!! His school is so great, with "lot's" of great things "taken" place!!

Caden and Mommy said...

I Love the baseball pictures! So cute! and marvelous that Chris taught Pres to catch bubbles in his mouth! UNCLES ... Caden has a couple ownery Uncles as well!
The art show! Too much! Of course Preston was dressed to the T, not sure why you were worried, he always looks adorable :0)His artwork is adorable!

Danielle said...

What an awesome school!! love the art show-pretty cool :) makes me wonder what my girls are doing in school all morning...just kidding. As always preston is too cute for words!

Laura Wolf said...

Looks like Preston is doing well in school. He has such wonderful artwork. Love looking at all the pictures. The "high society" wine in hand event was too cute!

mejane said...

Your brother looks like he had fun with his nephew, he seems like an awesome uncle. The art show pictures are amazing! I must say, you did an impressive job finding a polished outfit at the last minute. P-Dizzle, er...Preston looked like a debonair young gentleman.

Chelsea and Cody said...

He looks so cute! I love the middle piece of art...so talented!

Maeve said...

I love Pres...he's just too cute for words

Greene Family said...

Love the baseball pictures! It looks like Preston had a blast with his Uncle Chris and Aunt Anna!
Preston is such the studmuffin! Love his outfit, and what an awesome art show! That school is fabulous! I love the picture of the two of you and the pictures of him with his glass of "wine"! :)