Thursday, March 18, 2010

Because Mel is Sending Nasty Grams

Mel has a not so subtle way of reminding me I have not updated the blog with pics of Preston. The reminders come in forms of e-mails, BlackBerry messages and over the phone reminders. And these are usually not nice reminders either. There is a “tone” to them. So here are the pics:

IMG_3109

Here is another one of Preston’s puzzle masterpieces. I have to say he is getting very good at puzzles. I am not really sure why every puzzle we own is like six feet by four feet. Apparently they don’t make small puzzles anymore.

IMG_3117

The past weekend Aunt Tinka flew in for the weekend. Preston was beyond excited and misses his aunt a lot. (Here is the guilt trip Katie). He says that he wants Tinka to come back (are you feeling guilty yet Katie?)

IMG_3177

By the way, Katie ate both those ice cream cones by herself ;-) The other cool thing about this pic, is I just realized Katie left me that sweater to borrow! That night she and I and Jordana saw Alice in Wonderland. It was awesome. I always thought the Disney movie was a bit odd (and didn’t understand at the age of six when I first saw it that the whole thing was one massive drug induced haze-why was a caterpillar smoking and singing “A….A, E, I, O, U…..? And why is that pink cat hiding and reappearing)? The movie I believe follows Through the Looking Glass, the sequel to the original book.

IMG_3184

The following day it was off for shopping at the outlets since Preston needed all new shoes for the spring and summer and a trip to the Yankee Candle shop-one of Preston’s favorite.

IMG_3190IMG_3200

And of course, how can a holiday go by without Preston’s famous cupcakes!!!!! Got to love the sleep shirt here. Preston is getting obsessed with Super Heroes lately and the only Marvel shirt they had was in a size 6. Also don’t you just love the bent in arm thumbs up? Must be an achon thing.

IMG_3214

11 comments:

Lisa said...

wow! What great pictures as always. I'm glad I'm not the only one to get the guilt!! I was just thinking - is Preston starting Kindergarten this fall?? I was trying to remember. Time is really flying by.

Caden and Mommy said...

Thank you for the Preston Fix ... he is cute as always! I love the achon thumbs up ;0) ... and those ice cream cones, yummy!

Jaime said...

YAY FOR PRESTON PICS!! Love him! Thanks for posting them!

The Wymers said...

Loved all the pics, he's just too freaking cute! I also was totally laughing at your commentary on Alice In Wonderland...Carroll was totally tripping on acid when he wrote TLG (which is, I guess, better than the affinity Joyce had for farm animals, but that's another discussion entirely)!

Mel said...

i know i harrass you but it benefits ALL. I cant help it that i have the cutest godson EVER and just love to see pictures of all the fun he has with his mom and family! And not from when he hangs out with that other guy.

maeve said...

I agree Mel... it does benefit us all...keep it up!

Pres is the cutest thing on earth.... glad you all had a fun weekend with Katie down there!! xooxo

Unknown said...

I am just LOVING the thumbs up. So freakin cute!!! That is an awesome puzzle that Pres completed and it looks like a great time was had by all when Aunt Tinka visited!! We got a taste of your weather this weekend...65!!

Anthea said...

Great photos as usual. Loving the puzzle shot - that is one HUGE puzzle.

Finally someone who agrees with me about Alice in Wonderland....the whole thing is about drugs I say ;) She also eats cake and drinks drink and gets big and small (can't remember what goes with what).....all far too much for me. Hugs.

Greene Family said...

Preston, you are such a handsome boy!! I love the pictures and Preston's thumbs up! Very cool yellow hat too!
Preston has awesome floor puzzles! I love that he likes to make cupcakes for every holiday!
It looks like you guys had a great weekend with your sister visiting! Too funny - the guilt trip with your sister sounds like my family!

Tinka said...

I am definitely feeling a bit guilty...okay a lot a bit.

I think it's awesome Preston is into Marvel. I have DVRed a few episodes of Super Hero Squad so he and I can have lengthy discussions on how the squadies benefit from having floating headquarters.

marrah said...

love pres...i love how he bakes and of course, the holders match hte frosting, which matches the candy on top of the cupcakes. :) just saying-i noticed...