Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kate’s Bridal Shower

 

This past weekend was my sister’s bridal shower.  I think it came out great if I do say so myself.  I flew into NYC on Friday night and it was seriously the scariest flight of my life.  I am not a person who jumps up and down when going on an airplane-I deal o.k. But I will not lie, when the plane touches down I am pretty relieved.  I also hate the saying-your chances of dying in a car accident are greater. Possibly yes, but I still feel that I have a chance of survival in a car accident-I have 0 percent chance when the plane is free falling from 30,000 feet.  The pilot made a sharp turn and everyone on the plane I think turned a sickening shade of white/green.  The thoughts start racing like-great I have not made my will and Preston right now was with his father.  Needless to say, I drove home Sunday back to VA.  I also got to spend Friday night with my friend Kim and we had dinner on the Upper West Side and then went out to a nice wine bar.  It was so much fun to see her again!  Here are some pics of the event!!! Enjoy!

IMG_9321

The cake.  I ordered it like 3 weeks ago.  I went to pick it up.  The girl goes in the back, comes out and says, “Are you sure you ordered it under Kim Raab?”  No I ordered it under Jane Smith you moron!  My heart sunk thinking, “We have no cake-yet they charged me the outrageous fee and I already paid my credit card bill!”  They had the cake but for a minute there I almost threw up!

IMG_9322

Bridesmaids!

IMG_9332

They wrote “Congratulations Kathryn” on the board outside!

IMG_9318

Tables-Katie had a beachy theme so those were shells---I did not get them at the beach-Dollar Tree!  And little boxes of Godiva for everyone.  And of course, no Raab function is complete without candy bowls on the table!

IMG_9334

The loot!

IMG_9402

One of the gifts I got her---(of course let’s make this a little about me… LOL).  There was a matching dish and bowl to for entertaining.

IMG_9417

My cousin Caitlin made the hat.  I think she should hire herself out to showers!

IMG_9370

Only a few more weeks until the wedding!!!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful shower! You did a fantastic job! Katie looks so cute in that awesome dress. Love the cake too, is that the same place that made your birthday cake? They are gorgeous. I am soooooo excited to see pictures of the wedding, I know you guys will have an amazing time! (BTW, I share the EXACT same sentiment regarding flying-like no crap, I know a car accident is more likely, but I'm on a PLANE so death is more likely!! Sheesh!)

Laura Wolf said...

Everything looked so pretty for the shower. You did a real nice job. My favorite part was the Godiva chocolate. I love chocolate! The bow hat came out nice. Hopefully, she didn't break too many bows!

Melissa Swartley said...

Great shower! I hear ya on the plane rides... not my idea of fun at all! The cake was beautiful! How exciting that the wedding is just a few weeks away! Congratulations Kathryn!

The Wymers said...

What a fun shower - love the beach theme, and the cake was beautiful. A funny plane story for ya, when we were going out to Cali we hit a spot of turbulance and the plane went silent until Kylie yelled "That was fun! Let's do that again!" ... then everybody started laughing. Maybe you just have to be 5 to appreciate the "fun" in flying! :o)

Danielle said...

I'm also with you on the plane saying...I always make sure people know that I'm well aware of that statistic when I tell them I don't fly unless unavoidable. They think I'm crazy, but I don't care...I feel more in control when I'm on the ground :)
What a beautiful shower! It looks like she had a great time! have fun at the wedding :)

Unknown said...

What a fun shower! So when is the big day? Your sister is going to make a beautiful bride. Anxious to see all the pictures from the wedding.

Katie said...

Mmmmm! The cake looks delicous. What fun! Your sister spells her name the same as I. :)
I am the same way on planes and more so since becoming a parent and I can't see that fear in me getting any better.
;)

Greene Family said...

What a fun and beautiful shower! You did a great job! Love the cake, and the bow hat turned out really cute!
Have fun at the wedding - can't wait to see pictures! Your sister is going to be a beautiful bride!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
You are so funny!!! I so wish you and Preston did not live on the other side of the country!!! I love your thoughts with the cake lady, glad everythig worked out and the cake is gorgeous!
Girl, you better get working on that will ... being a lawyer I would think you would have that done :0)
Katie's shower looks like it was a good time ...the only thing missing from this post was an adorable picture of the boy :0) Maybe you can spoil us with a midweek post?!
Thanks for your kind words about my Dad - you rock!
Hugs! Trisha

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great time. The wedding should be a real blast. Can't wait for that post. : )

Sara said...

Oooooo....the shower was so lovely! I can't wait to hear about the wedding! Your sister is going to make a lovely bride. Is Preston in the wedding? Will he be wearing a tux? I am smiling, just thinking about that. :)

Tinka said...

Thanks everyone!

Kim beautiful post and lovely shower. It was so amazing and everyone was blown away by the food and cake. I can't believe Steve and I found places for all those gifts and in less than a day too!

Thank you again for a wonderful time!