Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Aunt Tinka, Nana & Busch Gardens Oh MY!

What a weekend we had. My sister and Grandma were down for the weekend. On Friday night we went to Friday cheers at the pool that finally opened in the development. Preston did not want to go in his bathing suit and then decided he did want to go in the water. In addition to the big pool there is an eighteen inch deep wading pool. Pres slipped in the pool itself and went under the water for all of 2 seconds. I picked him up, he sputtered, blinked and was fine. Until my sister had to tell me that he was scared out of his mind and his little life probably flashed before his eyes….I know…a bit much.

On Saturday we went to Busch Gardens. I have not been in years so this was really a great treat for me as well. I have also become a lot more fearful of roller coasters. As I am going up 210 feet I start thinking about what if the harness gives out, what if we break down and I am forced to walk down the stairs and I am so scared of heights, what if one of my dad’s stents collapses on our way down….which prompts my sister to make fun of me. The lines were not long at all. My father said when we were younger the line for the log flume was two hours. This is where our parenting differs. I would have told us “Oh jeez kids, it appears there was a malfunction…not enough logs…they are shutting down the flume. We’ll just go get some ice cream.” What a good dad to wait on a two hour line for a three minute ride. In a log…with no harness mind you!

****DISCLAIMER***** The following pictures are not intended to be photocopied, scanned, saved to a desktop, etc. by any ex-husband to then be cropped, photoshopped, re-captioned and then posted to his own Facebook profile in an attempt to pretend that this is somehow his life with Preston. That is an unauthorized use.

Here are some pics from the weekend. Well my sister hijacked these and posted them to her Facebook already-but she did ask-even though my sis never needs my permission!

IMG_9162

IMG_9164

IMG_9172

Super excited about our Busch Gardens adventure!

IMG_9179

IMG_9222

Preston loved the rides. I personally did not think the “child restraints” were all that great, but he was so into the rides he was not attempting to climb out. The only time he cried was when his partner on the plane ride refused to pull the lever to push them into the air!

Check this out: Our first family trip to Busch Gardens (I was 11 or 12)?07-15-2009 07;48;18PM

Preston’s First Trip:

IMG_9210

There were trips in between but the pics are buried somewhere in old albums and have not been unpacked in the move. Don’t worry Mel-I will find the ones of us together here in high school thinking we were AWESOME!

IMG_9235

Katie won this on her first try at Derby Dogs. It was a piece of crap. Literally was falling apart. When Pres put it down at dinner I went up to another mother and it went like this, “I have a dog over there. It’s not coming home with me. Would one of your kids want it, or if you do not want another big piece of crap in your house feel free to say no.” The dog hopefully has nice new owners.

14 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the pics! I went to Busch Gardens when I was in Elementary school, and once in high school-so fun! I agree with the fear of roller coasters increasing with age/parenthood! I don't know if i could make myself go on one that goes upside down anymore, and I used to love them.

I'm laughing at the 2 hour line for the log flume. I remember going to Great Adventure as a kid and doing that...when we take the girls to Disney now we don't wait more than 20 minutes for anything.

How great you got a picture in the same place you did as a kid - so cool!

Marrah said...

LOVE the pics-how cute was the pic of the fam from yester-year? My nephew is so freakin' cute...i can't take him....

Andrea said...

Love the before and afters!!!! Looks like a fun day! I'm not a fan of roller coasters either, yet we're taking an adult day next week to Kings Dominion. I'll be the chicken off the group!

Laura Wolf said...

What a great trip. Loved the back then and now pictures. How cool! Preston looked like he was having a good time. What a darling picture with that stuffed animal. There is a way to watermark pictures with or without special software. You can email me if you want to chat more about that. rollinx3@yahoo.com

The Johnson Family 5 said...

LMAO! I totally can picture you just walking away from the dog! I wonder if Pres even noticed it was gone!? What a fund time! I love rollercoasters but the older i get the more I feel sick on them.

Unknown said...

Those are just the cutest pictures. Just so creepy of a thing for your ex to do. I like how you added in the older photo of when you were young back to back with the current one. I am still a fan of roller coasters and probably always will...what I can't do are the rides that spin you around fast! Looks like everyone of you had a great time.

Tiffany said...

That's right lame ex-husband, these are Kim's pics! I love them by the way and have missed you!

Unknown said...

Ugh...as for Matt...one word - LOSER. Yikes, that is quite creepy. The pics are awesome, I love Busch Gardens! We have been to the one in FL a couple times. I'm glad I'm not the only one developing fears as I get older - I can't quite understand it! What a fun weekend, we can't wait to come visit and see that cool pool!

Destini said...

Yay for Busch Gardens! I LOVE the roller coasters there, they are awesome! Preston is so stinkin cute I can hardly stand it!

Melissa Swartley said...

I haven't been there in years! So much fun!!!! I too have developed a crazy irrational fear of heights and have tried to over come them by even *gasp* getting obn a roller coaster or two, but the fear won't budge! Preston is so stinkin adorable in all those great pic's! I bet he loved it!

The Wymers said...

Love the pics - Preston is a doll, as usual. Looked like you guys had a good time, and I don't blame you in the least for getting rid of the dog - I would have done it too! I liked your privicay rights/disclamer thingy (can you tell that I'm NOT a lawyer?) in regards to your pictures...I acutally laughed out loud at that one.

Lisa said...

That's the Best FREAKEN DISCLAIMER I've seen! Excellent!

Greene Family said...

Love the pictures! Preston is too cute for words!! I like the old and new picture at Busch Gardens! It looks like you guys had such a fun weekend! Crack me up - leaving the dog behind! Great disclaimer!

Tinka said...

LOL It ran out of logs.

Thanks again for being so generous! Everyone thinks the pictures are great (especially the ones of Preston). It still makes me sad that he cried on the plane ride...and that his little life flashed before his eyes.

I had a great weekend with everyone and I look forward to seeing you this weekend!

PS- Funny disclaimer.