Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just Some Randomness…..

Wow what a week.  I must say I am truly heartbroken over the death of Michael Jackson.  Although a tortured soul, by far he was the most amazing dancer, entertainer, pop icon of all time and there will never be another Michael Jackson.  What a sad ending on the cusp of such a possible promising comeback.  After hearing of the tour on the Idol show this past season, I was trying to figure a way to get to London.  Watching his video catalogue this past weekend and hearing songs that I have not heard in a awhile you realize how amazing he was-such a part of my childhood.  I remember vividly watching the uncut version of the “Black or White” video at my Aunt Pat’s house. Such a shame. Preston loved “Thriller” but yet is petrified of a spider web cartoon on Little Einsteins.  He also can identify many singers who sang “We Are the World,” such as Stevie, Ray and Bruce. He also took a liking to “Beat It.”  Such awesome songs. Rest in peace MJ.

And poor Farrah Fawcett.  Poor woman fought so hard.  My God embrace her in his arms.  You are now at peace. 

In the midst of all this sadness, Preston still managed to be really cute: IMG_8722

 

Preston made the apron and hat at school.  Can you deal?  I think this is pretty ridiculous in terms of cuteness.

IMG_8751

Posing in the chairs from the demolished Shea Stadium.  The Yankee ones are on the way…

IMG_8754

IMG_8776

No weekend is complete without the train ride at the Short Pump Mall.  Preston was thrilled to go on with Sam and Baby Maddy!  Then we had a great dinner with my Mom and Jordana, Sam and Baby Maddy at Red Robin. 

IMG_8792

I am so proud of Preston.  This train set is a Figure 8.  He demolished last weekend when the trains had an accident.  I left him alone in the conservatory for about an hour-he put this together all by himself.  He was so proud!

I then doused my Blackberry in perfumed body splash today.  It is one it’s last legs.  I get a new phone Tuesday. I am already starting to twitch and it’s been down for like six hours!  I cannot even get into the conversations I had with the morons from Sprint.  I just hope they taped my phone call and played it back so they can hear how ludicrous they sound.  ARGH!  Only a few more days until NEW YORK!!!!!  Cannot wait to see everyone!

14 comments:

Leong Family's said...

Wow, Preston look totally TOO cute on the apron and hat just like a little chef. Hope you have a great trip to NY.

Unknown said...

Ah, MJ. I am at a loss for words. Still shocked, but it has been amazing to see the media saturated with his music and performances lately. And isn't just awesome sharing his talent with our kids? He will certainly live on through future generations! LOVE Preston's apron and hat! Adorable! Can't wait to give him a good squeeze in a few days!

The Wymers said...

Love, love, love the pic of Preston in his apron - too cute! I'm also wicked impressed by his train tracks...very cool!

Tinka said...

Wow, Preston let you sit in the Shea chairs? He shoved me out of it and said I was too big. And that train track is awesome! I don't think he needs me making hot wheels trax anymore either! He's so smart!

Sooooo excited for Thursday! :-)

Laura Wolf said...

It is such a sad lost about MJ and Farrah. I put on MJ music videos and had Nate dancing in the living room. When I get him going I'll have to get a video. BTW Preston, can I get an order of cupcakes. How cute!

Melissa Swartley said...

So sad all of these great celebs passing away! Preston never fails to impress with his overflowing cuteness!!! Love that pic of him in his super cute hand made chef costume! Wow! What a smart dude too! He put that train set together perfectly! Way to go Preston!!! Sorry to hear about your phone! I know all too well about the twitch you get if you are sans cell phone! Yikes! Hope you get your new one with no issues! Have fun in NYC!!! I can't wait to see everyones photos!!!

Anthea said...

Matthew walked in as I was veiwing your blog today - his response to the pic of Preston in his chef's outfit - "Oh he is so cute - I wish he was my brother!" I have to agree - about the cute part that is!

So wish that I could come to New York to meet you all! Can you get lots of pics for me?

Greene Family said...

So sad about MJ and Farrah! They played a lot of MJ songs last week on the rock station that we listen to, and we had a lot of "I remember" moments.
Preston is unbelievably cute!! I just love the pictures of him in his apron and chef's hat! Way to go, Preston - awesome train tracks!!
Have a blast in NYC!! We wish we were going, but we are looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures!

Destini said...

O.M.G. - I'm sure his cooking creations could make me gag, but Chef Preston is just too cute in the apron and hat! Way to go with the train track, very impressive! I'm now wishing the GeoTrax tracks weren't so hard to snap together, I get tired of reconfiguring track at the whim of Trace! Have a great time in NYC!

Unknown said...

I would have to eat whatever chef Preston makes simply because of his looks. Awesome accomplishment getting the train put together. I am writing this post the day of Farrah's funeral. Sad week indeed it was. I remember Farrah...my sister had to have the Farrah "Do" which she managed for her senior portrait and my brother had the classic poster of her on his bedroom wall. Michael Jackson...what can I say...he was all about the 80's...my era. Fond memories of Thriller during my freshman year of high school. His legacy will live on forever. Have a wonderful time in NYC!!!

Caden and Mommy said...

ABSOLUTELY love this random cuteness! That apron and chef's hat is too adorable. I like how they made the hat, so creative! Preston looks so cute in that chair :0) He's ready for a Yankees game Mom! and the expression of the picture with the train track, too cute! I can't wait to meet the real live Preston! Can't believe we leave in less then 48 hours! WOW! and what is up with the weather forecast? Just checked and there is a flash flood warning? hello?!

Sara said...

There is some serious cuteness going on with Preston!

Have fun in NY at the conference. We are there in spirit. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Mandy said...

Andrea would love an apron and hat like that. She is my shadow in the kitchen. Hope you are having a great time in NYC! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

you definitly can, wow your son is adorable. i would love to add you as well.