Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father’s Day!

I am going to go backwards with this post-starting today and working towards last week.  (Kind of like that Seinfeld  episode). A big Happy Father’s Day to my dad!  We had a great day.  Preston went with his father so this morning I was able to take my parents to a nice brunch at a French restaurant.  After that Preston was able to give my father his gift-a Lowe’s gift card and a soda holder he made at school.  He was so proud of that!  My peeve with Lowe’s was if you spent $50 you got a free tool “while supplies last.”  Well supplies lasted I guess meant the ten tools they ordered for Father’s Day.  So I did not get a tool.  Lowe’s-you’re a tool! 

IMG_8696

Yesterday Preston had a birthday party at Romp n’ Roll which is a huge gym where the kids cannot get hurt.  The only negative to this place is every ten minutes they wanted the kids to gather around for a circle time activity-um you take a bunch of three year olds in a room full of foam blocks and you want them to sing songs-right.  Preston was not into participating at all-as you can see all he wanted to do was run and play.  He went to a party like this a year ago and really was not too into it-amazing what a difference a year makes!  Notice Preston on the trampoline.  I made him get off after a minute or too but he just kept gravitating towards it! 

IMG_8647

He did the rock wall all by himself!

IMG_8674 IMG_8665

Friday was water day at school.  Preston was so excited to go to school in water shoes and a bathing suit!

IMG_8633

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  It looks like our conference days are numbered-I will be at the welcome reception and at the hotel all day Sunday.  Monday we will be there, but more than likely not until later in the afternoon!  Don’t worry we will see everyone!

18 comments:

Alex said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to meet you guys!
I love the water day thing at school...what a fun idea!

Unknown said...

Water day sounds like so much fun! So glad you guys had a nice Father's Day. Seamus LOVES those mini trampolines and I know it's a big no-no, but it's so hard when you know they're having so much fun! Can't believe we'll be seeing you in 2 weeks :-)

Unknown said...

Aidan loves all things bouncy,as he will sneak bounces on his bed any chance I am not looking. Looks like you had a fun filled week. As the National draws nearer I get more and more jealous of all of your meeting each other. I can't wait to see all of the photos.

Anthea said...

Preston looks like he had soooo much fun - as for the trampoline - I wont tell anyone if you don't - hehe

sharon said...

Like everyone else Fern loves trampolines too..the battle to keep her offthem is often lost by me!! Love the idea of a waterday..sounds fun

The Wymers said...

My girls love those kid-gyms too. We always laughed about the "circle time" too, none of the kids ever went to do that - really, who wants to stop playing to sing some lame-o song?! Love the pic of Pres with his towel -too cute! Take lots of pics at national, so jealous that I don't get to go and meet everyone!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Look at that cute boy in his bathing suit! Gosh, I just want to eat those little legs! I think you get a very well deserved Happy "fathers" day as well! You are the BEST parent a kid could ask for! Have fun in NYC, but remember not too much fun without us ;)

Becky said...

Seriously, what kid Preston's age wants to stop running and playing to stand in a circle to sing songs! It looks like a fun place minus the singing every ten minutes! I think Preston gets cuter every time I see new pics!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim~
The picture of Preston and your Dad is so cute ... I love how Preston is "assisting" with the gift card!
He is adorable in his Backyardigan swim trunks and PBK personalized towel, he looks SO proud!
Can't believe we are down to less then two weeks! Lots to do!

Destini said...

Preston is such a ham! So, where did you get character swim trunks that don't come to his ankles? Trace had on Lightning McQueen ones yesterday (in 2-3T) and they are totally at his ankles, of course he wants to wear them all the time! They do waterplay at daycare at least twice a week here, we just send swim stuff for the summer. Sounds like a good week, especially the French brunch!

Undomestic said...

That place looks like a lot of fun!!!

Laura Wolf said...

I love Preston's Backyardan Swim tunks. How Cute!! What a fun day. I hope you'll give Lowe's another chance. My husband needs his job! Yah, he's employed by Lowe's. :) Sorry. :(

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a fun week! Preston looks like he had a blast at the kids' gym! He's so adorable! You have to wonder who would come up with the idea for toddlers to stop in the middle of playing to sing songs!?
Preston is too cute with his huge smile, swim trunks, and personalized beach towel!! I just want to hug him!
Have fun in NY! We wish we were going too!

Mandy said...

Does Preston love the water? I know Andrea does. We have a hard time keeping her out of the pool. Hope you have a great time at the Conference don't waste your time looking for us... We won't be there. LOL

Sara said...

It looks like you had a busy, fun week! I like the backwards effect (I am a Seinfeld fan). :)

Have fun at conference. Will you be going next year? We are planning on it!

Rosie said...

Water day at school wow that sounds like fun. And you got such a good picture of grandpa and him. I want to see pictures of new york. We will not be going but would like to see plenty of picture and hopefully we can meet on the next one

Katie said...

Wow looks like Preston had a good time at his gym. I love places like that, Cole used to go to The Little Gym here but got bored. I may have to give it a go again this summer. :)

Tinka said...

Aww he looks like he had such a great time! I want to go to a party like that!