Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Weekend in New Jersey!

We had a great time. I mean after all I was met at the airport, by Marrah, with Dunkin Donuts. It just is that great. Marrah and I were in tears and Preston was like, I really don't get why you guys are crying just because bags are going around and around in a circle. After we retrieved our bags I was welcomed home to bumper to bumper traffic! YAY! Nothing a little Italian food on Staten Island couldn't fix. Friday morning I finally got to love on my nephew Finn-since the last time I saw him he was behind glass about eight hours old. He is such a patoot. I wanted to put him on my carry on, but for some reason I think Marrah and Lee would miss him! He is such a cute little guy. Big beautiful eyes and the cutest little smile. Oh and the curls in his hair. GORGEOUS! We had a wonderful weekend. Finn's birthday party was beautiful. My friend can put on a party. Minus the live Elmo and Cookie Monster that Finn and Preston were none to fond of, the party was amazing-great food, great decorations, great company! I am going to miss her-Marrah you and Finn better get down to Virginia! Sunday morning we were also in for a treat, Aunt Melski came to NJ to see us! Preston was very excited to see his godmother (and obviously I was thrilled to see Mel). Mel was concerned Preston was going to forget who she was-ridiculous. He even gave her a Thomas sticker to show his affection. All in all we had a great time. Marrah and Lee are amazing hosts as well as lifelong friends and we are going to miss them SOOOOOO much. Love you guys!

Here is Preston on the plane. He was super excited about getting cookies. He is very anal and was very upset about our suitcase that was checked. He was keeping a constant watch over the suitcases (I mean I know this is a great security measure but he was like an old man obsessing about the weather). He even was concerned his stroller was not going to make it to our destination. It's a little frightening that at 3 these are his concerns. Soon he'll be asking me if I remembered to unplug the coffeepot.

Here is a picture of Preston in a pair of kelly green Converse. Preston utterly refuses to try on sandals. So we ended up with two pairs of sneakers after a MAJOR, I mean MAJOR meltdown in Stride Rite. I seriously was mortified. Marrah thinks I need to pick my battles but you all know my obsession with fashion and shoes are no exception. We will try again this weekend. We must have proper footwear for the summer. And here are some from the party:


Jolie, Marrah and I:


And here is Pres Pres with his Aunt Mel.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

So how many hats does Preston have? He is just simply adorable to look at. We just got Aidan some sandals at Stride Rite..wide width of course. If Preston were close to Aidan maybe his sandal wearing would rub off on him. Looks like the trip to New Jersey was totally worth it....I am a sucker for a donut too.

marrah said...

We had a great time!!! I miss you already. Preston is the cutest boy with the best personaility. I will miss him pushing the cars around the house. I love you both with all my heart. Great pics-please send them to me. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

A real live Elmo and Cookie Monster - wow! That must have been an awesome party! I am in total agreement about the sandals, but I must say the Converse look adorable on him. Seamus is all about the sandals because of his sweaty feet - he'll say, "Mom, I have to take my shoes off, my feet are stinky." You ain't kidding, pal! So glad you guys had such a great weekend...nothing better than fun with good friends!

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how cute Preston is! It takes a secure guy to wear pink gingham! :-) Good luck getting him in some sandals. Maybe when he notices that they are cooler in the summer than tennis shoes....

The Wymers said...

Preston is too cute - and I love the green Chucks! How cool! Glad you guys had fun on your trip!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a fantastic weekend! Preston is such the studmuffin! I love his kelly green Converse, and of course, love all of his hats! Seriously, he has to have a talk with Simon - I'm lucky if Simon will keep his hats on for a couple of minutes.
Simon's birthday party theme this summer is going to be Sesame Street, but unfortunately for him, no live Elmo and Cookie Monster. What a fun birthday party that must have been!

Tiffany said...

Kim, I LOVE hearing about these little disputes between you and Preston! It's hilarious to watch your "what I assume to be" idenitical personalities trying to figure out which shoes to buy! Love, love, love it! It sounds like you had a blast...it's always fun to visit good friends. OH and awesome hat Preston!

Melissa Swartley said...

Welcome to the North East, Dunkin' Donuts, bumper to bumper traffic and of course only the best Italian food ever, what more could a girl want?! I'm glad to here you all had a fantistic fun time in Jersey! A live Elmo and Cookie Monster?! She does know how to throw a party! Too funny about Preston being concerned about the luggage! As always he is so super cute! What about Crocs this year? He's not going for it?! Love the cool kelley green chucks though! Too cute!

Destini said...

Kim, I seriously don't think Preston could get any cuter than the pic of him with the white hat and pink gingham shirt on! I love it! We avoided the Stride Rite meltdown by letting Trace have the "digger shoes" (tennis shoes with bull dozers on it), then he happily let me get him the brown leather closed toe sandals (while clutching the "digger shoes" box)! Sounds like a great weekend! Don't worry Preston, I worry about the luggage too!

Jennifer said...

Green is a good color on him! He looks just as adorable as always.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Have to just say that I LOVE Pres' new duds! As a fan of converse (Cole has 3 pairs) I totally approve! Gosh, he is just a character and I want to squeeze those cheeks. I'm sure when he meets me {finally one day} he will think I'm some crazy lady since I will be all over him feeling like I've known him forever and he will have no clue who I am...lol! Oh, well! What a fun trip!