Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fun Weekend with Aunt Tinka

My sister came down this weekend. It was supposed to be a surprise for my mom's birthday but my dad slipped. We hadn't even told Preston knowing he would definitely ask when Aunt Tinka was coming. It was so nice to see Katie. Saturday morning Katie ran a 5K in under 30 minutes! Go Katie! We were supposed to go strawberry picking on Saturday, only to drive up and see it closed. Poor Preston was pretty disappointed. I guess he felt a little like Chevy Chase when he pulled up to Wally World, except John Candy totally was not at the gate and we really did not go to the farm and ride all the rides by ourselves. So the berry farm has to wait a few more weeks (this is also the same place as the pumpkin farm with the petting zoo and barrel rides so you see why the kiddo was so disappointed). My mom felt so bad that Preston was that disappointed, she started looking frantically all around her for a toy store. Instead we spent the afternoon outside, at the playground and Pres rode his scooter. I also picked up my new car! Yippee! My lease was up and I was so over the allotted mileage-I would owe over five thousand dollars! Now that leasing is mostly a thing of the past, the dealership bought out the amount I owed and I got into another Equinox. This time though there is no mileage restriction. The Equinox is coming out with a new body style this summer, so if after a couple of years I want to trade in, I have that option. This one is awesome with satellite radio, OnStar already in and activated and the IPod dock. The other cool thing is the last car I picked out with my ex husband so it felt good to give back another piece of that part of my life. I would have posted a picture, but my license plate is visible so I will take another one this week. Today we took my mother to the Jefferson Hotel for their champagne Sunday brunch-a Richmond tradition. It was so nice and the food was ridiculous! We had a great time! Here are some pics of the weekend!
Brunch was so amazing-they had our table on the rotunda level all set up with a booster seat ready and his water and juice cups ready as well. He felt very special since all the table are pre-set with water, orange juice and champagne! Check out my mom and sis hitting up the dessert buffet table!

15 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Too bad about John Candy not being there, though. Woulda been kinda creepy, since he's dead and all, but it woulda been fun! Congrats on the new car, too!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Preston's Grandma! That's one handsome boy you've got there! Honest, does he ever not smile for the camera?

caitlin said...

i dont get the fuss over your son its not like i have a picture of him on my key chain or anything lol..i miss you guys and cant wait to come see you!!!

Danielle said...

Great pics! It's a shame about the strawberry farm...but it seems like you guys had a great time anyway! That's a great picture of you and your sister too!!

Anthea said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend...too bad about the strawberry farm though. That place that you took your mum to for her b'day looks awesome - I bet she loved it. Hope you had a great Easte; loved the Easter slide show - looks like Preston had a blast.

Unknown said...

I am so cracking up over your mom and the toy store...I swear, our mothers are the same person!! If I had a buck for every time I heard my mom say, "Nanny will buy you a present..." Sheesh! I remember when I used to get all the good stuff! A very Happy Birthday to Ba (is that still her cool name?) Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend!

Marrah said...

Happy Birthday Barb!!! Hope you had a great day. Pres looks like a million bucks in these shote (as he always does). So excited for the new car....but am the most exicted for Thursday!!! YAY!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new car. Out with the old and in with the new. Looks like you all had a great weekend. Sending a late happy birthday to your mom.

Lisa said...

That is too bad about the strawberry farm, but when you go, you'll have loads of fun. Sounds like it was still a fabulous weekend!

Bobbi said...

Looks like you had a great time at the playground and brunch. I can't believe it's nearly Strawberry pickin time!! And congrats on the new vehicle! I'm sure it's nice to be out of the old one with the not-so-sweet memories. Can't wait to see the pics!

Destini said...

Sounds like a great weekend, even with the disappointment - an afternoon playing outside normally makes up for almost anything! Awesome that you got a new car, yay for you! Pres is just too cute, as always!

Mandy said...

I just can't get over how handsome he is. I love all of his hats!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Yeah for a fun weekend with your sis - and way to go sis for running the marathon! A new car ... more fun :0) Isn't that so cute that cups were on the table for Preston :0) Adorable pics as always! ... onto my blog. They think maybe the compression may have something to do with the walking but the fact that he is still developing and not "stuck" is a little reassuring! Can't wait to see the docs at the conference ... and maybe the conference will be a great time for Preston to attend his first Yankee game with his LP buddies :0)
Trisha

Anonymous said...

It was a really fun weekend with you guys! It was nice to see you and hang out and EAT! Preston is so cute. I loved every minute I got to spend with the Little Man. Love you Kim!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a fun weekend! Great photos!! Too bad about the strawberry farm - your mom sounds like my mom! :) Congrats on the new car - Yay! Happy Belated Birthday to your mom!!