Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our Easter Eggstravaganza!

Yeah I know-that was a cheesy title, but fun. So after the neighborhood egg hunt two weeks ago, Preston had three more egg hunts this weekend. The first was at school and he came home with a bag of goodies. Saturday our section of the neighborhood was having an egg hunt. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, but the family who was hosting decided to still have the brunch. Instead of the egg hunt, we did an egg exchange. Each child had to bring 10 eggs, so each was allowed to pick 10 eggs to put in their baskets. The people in the neighborhood are so welcoming. Preston had a great time with all the kids as well. And the food-so good! Then we dyed Easter eggs. This was Preston's first foray into the dying. The Paas kit gives you that wire egg holder which really is a useless piece of crap, but as children and there were four of us, we fought over using that thing. Preston attempted to use it but instead just resorted to good old throwing in the eggs and scooping them out with his hands. Which of course dyed too and smelled like white vinegar! And on another note, what does Paas do now until next Easter? Is this their only gig? I mean do they make that much on Easter egg dye to take off until Ash Wednesday 2010?

Today Preston had his egg hunt from the Easter Bunny and was quite happy with two baskets of goodies (one from the Easter Bunny Mommy and the other from Grandma and PaPa). We then had a nice brunch and went down to Monument Avenue for the Easter Festival. This was so much fun! Dogs were dressed up, people dressed up in funny hats and costumes and there was such amazing festival food (think funnel cakes-come on Marrah I know you are feeling me on this one). Preston had a blast and looked beyond adorable in his newsboy cap. I got compliments from he looks like a little rascal, to telling me he is too cute for words. My mother's decorator had an open house (all of the homes along Monument are old mansions and some have been converted into apartments). Many homeowners along the Avenue open up their homes to family and friends and serve food and drinks. All in all it was a great Easter but there were too many good pics to choose from so hopefully this slide show boots up! Scroll down!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Preston is rockin' that newsboy! Love it! That parade looks like it was a blast. He is so cute gathering up his eggs in his jammies! Yeah so we didn't even dye eggs - do I officially suck as a mom? I'll have to work on that for next year! So glad you all had a Happy Easter!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
What a busy Easter weekend for you guys! How fun ~ I love the pictures of Preston running around your house in his PJ's with his basket in tow, too cute! You crack me up about the Paas wire thing ~ yeah, I hucked that as soon as I opened the box! I really don't know what the Paas people do now until next April - good question :0)
Trisha

Tiffany said...

Wow! What an Easter! Sounds like Preston really scored! Your pics didn't come up on my computer, but I'm going to check back later to see if they do, because I know they'll be adorable!

sharon said...

I love the pictures...Preston looks as happy and adorable as ever:0))) Easter is sooo different over there and looks alot of fun.

sharon said...

I love the pictures...Preston looks as happy and adorable as ever:0))) Easter is sooo different over there and looks alot of fun.

marrah said...

Preston is too cute..I loved the pics of him with the sideways cap. Also, VA looks quite picturesque. I have to admit, I looked at the pics before reading the blog entry and I thought to myself, "lucky-they got to eat a funnel cake..." and then I read your entry....you know me SO well.. lol

Anonymous said...

LOL PAAS company, very funny.

Three egg hunts! What a lucky boy! He must think this holiday is awesome.

Dad was filling me in on the Easter Parade and his eyes lit up about it. It was cute; he said it was like New Orleans and he loved the hats. I think you had the most interesting Easter ever!

Destini said...

Ok, so the pictures didn't come up for me. My computer hates me. But I can imagine the Preston cuteness! Multiple Easter egg hunts, what a lucky boy! Sounds like Easter in Richmond is a ton of fun!

Jaime said...

Sounds like you and Pres had a very HAPPY and busy Easter! The pictures didn't show up for me either, but like Destini said, I can imagine just how cute he looks!