Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well, vacation has started, Preston is bouncing off the walls, gifts are 95% wrapped and we are ready for the arrival of Santa Claus tomorrow night. Oh and we both feel great since we are on antibiotics. We both came down with a cold/throat infection last week. This is a major accomplishment since Preston has not been on antibiotics (other than finger ointment for his hematoma) since February! Go Preston's immune system! He also had his three year check up and is measuring at the tippy top of the achon chart so he had a great growing year!
Tomorrow Jordana, Sammy and Baby Madeline are coming for Christmas Eve. Then the day after Christmas it is off to New York! (Oh Tony's I can taste your delicious food in my mind).Hopefully Preston will go to bed tomorrow at a decent hour while my father and I put together Thomas tracks. We have decided that all trucks are coming out of their respective boxes. Maybe except the one from Aunt Mel which is fifteen feet long and truly designated as an outdoor vehicle. When Preston opens a gift he demands it out of the box pretty quickly and nothing kills the momentum and enthusiasm of a new gift like unscrewing 12 screws and cutting barbed wire to release a $15 truck. I mean really. Just in case you are thinking of shoplifting-don't go for any Tonka trucks. Apparently bondage personnel put these things together! We only got one little Figure 8 Thomas set with the station. I would like to ensure that Preston is playing with said tracks in a month before I invest $400 into the Lift and Load set. He loves playing with the trains but on tables, chairs, windowsills, so we'll see. I am SO excited for his face when he sees his scooter! Thank Heavens it is going to be in the 60s on Christmas so he can ride outside. That was always a Christmas buzzkill-getting a bike and there was snow or leftover mounds of sand and salt from the snow on the street so you got to ride your new bike in April.
My mother also bought Preston a gingerbread train. He had a ball making the train and eating all the candy as he went! Merry Christmas everyone!
And for everyone who wanted to see the finalized Christmas card-I literally only have one card left so next year blogging buddies-we will all have to exchange addresses early on! Here are the pictures I picked! It was an agonizing decision! (In the first one I cropped it so you do not see his Pull Up)!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Preston is cute! I SO wish we lived closer, I know Aidan and Preston would get along well. I agree, it is the worst trying to get toys out of the packages...really ruins the moment.

Unknown said...

What a great Christmassy post! I love the gingerbread train...we had some gingerbread issues here involving duct tape and glue gun, so needless to say we have no gingerbread house this year! The Christmas card is precious. I love his sweater. Can't wait to see pics of Preston enjoying the Thomas set! And what is the deal with the Thomas sets? Are they carved from solid gold?? I just don't understand it! Have a wonderful Christmas you guys!

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas Kim, Preston and Family. May your 2009 continue to be blessed. Great post! Love the Preston pictures. He's such a cutie.

Danielle said...

Merry Christmas from Florida! The pictures are just adorable...Preston is just too cute for words! And I have to agree with how difficult it is to get toys out of packages, it makes me crazy. I can't wait to see pictures from Christmas morning! Enjoy your trip to NY...I always loved NYC at Christmastime!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I love Preston's sweater for his Christmas Card picture! Adorable! Cute pictures .... I can't wait to see the expression on his face in the Christmas morning pictures :0)
Merry Christmas!
Trisha

Ever Changing said...

I agree, we do need to exchange address for next years cards! This year we didn't mail any out b/c we are at home!
But Preston is oh so cute in his holiday pictures!!!

Mike Mallinson said...

I'm stealing Andrea Kunz' idea of posting the card on the blog! It's way easier and cheaper, too! LOL

Love the Preston pics, and great idea on the toys - but I gotta ask... I know we got to know each other through you (accidentally) sending me inappropriate SuperPokes on Facebook, but bondage? Really? You're going there on your blog?

Hehehehe.... Just had to point that out!

Destini said...

We jumped full force into the GeoTrax this year - they are all Trace has been asking for for months! I'm not sure where we are going to put them all! I totally know what you mean about opening toys - seriously I think it costs them more to package them than the stupid toy is worth - screws, metal, tape, seriously???? It takes a freaking toolbox to get a toy out of a box!
Preston is sooooo cute - I can't wait to see pictures of him riding his scooter! Have a great time in NY!

Lisa said...

I LOVE the green tongue!!

Greene Family said...

I'm really far behind in reading blogs . . . Preston is so adorable in his Christmas card pics - love his sweater!! I love his green tongue in the gingerbread train pic too! Great idea on the toys - that's our plan for next year! Ok, on to your next post . . .

AshleyMom said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is he!! you're gonna have quite a handsome young man on your hands when he grows up!! I've enjoyed reading your blog, sounds like he certainly is quite the smartie. (I think it's a dwarfism thing)I've come to the thought that since their physical motor skills are a little behind than average height children, they learn to hone their other skills sooner, hence giving us smarter children...or at least that's what I like to believe..lol
I'll add you to my blog list, feel free to do the same:)