Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Very Jammed Packed Very Fun Weekend

Wow! What a weekend. It kicked off Friday night with Preston's Spaghetti dinner at school to benefit Make-A-Wish. Each class had a theme and all the parents donated things to be raffled off. The Preppers' theme was Let's Go to the Movies. The basket included DVDs, movie tickets, candy, Blockbuster cards, etc. Of course one class was Rainy Day Fun and they had baskets of games and toys that every kid wanted and I secretly hoped Preston did not win because my mother (obviously) has already bought half the games in the basket for Christmas. Here are some shots:
Preston and Grandma putting in the winning tickets:
Here is Preston enjoying the spaghetti feast!
And the dude was a winner! He won the Nabisco basket full of treats. He was sooo proud!
Saturday Preston woke me up by calling "Kimberly" over the monitor. Hummmm....I really thought I would get Mom before my full name! He also asked my dad to go out to lunch, "just Papa and Preston." So my dad and Preston spent the morning together while my mom and I started some Christmas shopping for Preston. It looks to be a toy filled wonderland already. It was a rainy day so we spent time playing with Play Doh, going for a ride around the area together and reading stories. Here is Preston's ready for some football face:


This morning Preston and I made Halloween cinnamon rolls with orange colored icing. He is loving the whole baking thing. Perhaps I have a future Wolfgang Puck since Pres is loving his way around the kitchen. Today my friend from high school, Jason, who now works at the White House (how cool is that) and his awesome wife Erin-Kate and their two kids, Collin (6) and Mya who is a month older than Pres came for a visit. We met up with Sam, Jordana and Baby Maddie for the Stony Point Fashion Mall's Howl-Ween fest. This is where people dress up their dogs for Halloween. The kids thought this was just hilarious and since Preston wants a dog (which he is totally not getting until he old enough to walk it himself and clean up after it since I am still cleaning up his poopies), he really enjoyed this. His favorite was the Great Dane dressed as a horse which I still think he thinks is a horse, the pug dressed as a pig and the German Shepard which was just a German Shepard and whom Preston declared was "his doggie." The kids had a blast together. Look at how cute Mya and Preston were:


Have a great week everyone!




17 comments:

Danielle said...

Just too adorable! It sounds like you had such a fun weekend! And that's hysterical that Preston called you Kimberly...too funny! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has started Christmas shopping! I love it so I always do it early, then I buy more and more and Christmas comes and there's waayyyy too much stuff.
I love the picture of Preston and Mya holding hands...so sweet!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I love it ... KIMBERLY!!! Too funny. And the picture of him with his Nabisco prize pack - adorable! Preston is such a character! He looks like such a little man with Mya :0)
Trisha

Mike Mallinson said...

Mmm... I want that Nabisco prize pack! Yummy! But I'm not sure which pic is more fun - the football face, or the one where Preston is smiling at Mya and she has her back to him... typical girl! LOL

Unknown said...

Awesome pics!! He looks SO stinkin' cute with his Nabisco stash! What a fun weekend, such a ladies' man already with that cutie Mya. Preston we are so glad that you are having such a great time with Mommy and Ba in your new town, we miss you!! Can't wait to see the Halloween costume pics.

Greene Family said...

Oh my, he is just way too cute! I love his proud winning face and his game face! Of course, the pic of him and Mya holding hands is just adorable too! It looks/sounds like you guys had another fun weekend! You'll have to try to get him on video the next time he calls you Kimberly - he's so funny!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I'm always so glad to read your posts. Preston is just too adorable! I love the photo of him and Mya holding hands. Looks like you had a fun weekend.

Andrea said...

I love the pic af Preston and his "girl"friend holding hands--reminds me of Evan with his friend Becky!

Looks like a fun filled weekend! Who can't wait for October to be over??!!

Lisa said...

Cute photos. Sounds like an awesome weekend. I'm jealous you're thinking of Christmas shopping already. Suddenly, I feel behind. : )

Melissa Swartley said...

I just love the photo of Mya and Preston holding hands! Too cute! Sounds like you had a very busy and fun weekend! Christmas shopping already?! Yikes I better get my game on!

Destini said...

Have you seen Spike the Ultra Dinosaur? That is what Trace is asking Santa for - it is pretty cool! Love the Preston photos and it is too funny that he called you Kimberly!

Unknown said...

Too cute for words Kim. I love the picture of him holding hands with Mya.

Melisa

Becky said...

Great photos Kim! I LOVE the one of Preston with his Nabisco basket! Sounds like such a great weekend!

Alex said...

How fun!!! The last picture is precious!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

I think my favorite is either the pic of Preston with his oh so proud smile of winning the nabisco basket OR the last one of him holding hands!! He is going to be quite the ladies man..watch out mom!!

Anonymous said...

I can't deal with him holding her hand! Just too adorable!

When Maeve wrote on your wall about the junk food pics I was like, "Where are these photos you speak of!" I felt left out and then I'm like, duh, her BLOG! I wish I could have gone to the dinner! I would have loved to see his face when he won the basket!

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

My family and I were looking at your blog and all the pics of Preston tonight...they just fell in love with him...oooohs and aaaahs were flying! They especially liked the video with the animal flashcards.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Shelley said...

I am sure Preston was super stoked to win the Nabisco prize pack... Heck... That's the one I would want to win! He is super adorable and I enjoy reading your blogs! You are a great Mom!
Shelley
(Amanda Hall's sister/Parker's aunt)