Wednesday, October 8, 2008

For Pariser

Because Rob has been asking for pumpkin shots since April, I figure I'd better put up the shots from the pumpkin farm this weekend. We went to the Chesterfield Berry Farm- a real farm. Some of the pumpkins were picked, others were still on vines. Now you see on Long Island, pumpkins are grown elsewhere, shipped to a nursery, the nursery charges $15 for admission per person, then you can walk through the grass and pick a pumpkin. (Then spend $10 for the pumpkin, $12, if you want it painted and then $25 for a pie, the hay ride lacks hay and the petting zoo smells like a toilet house). We took a tractor hay ride to the field and picked our pumpkin. Then we went to the petting zoo, the children's haunted house and Preston rode on the barrel train ride. We topped off the day baking Halloween cupcakes! (Which I ended up taking to work because what are my mother and I going to do with 24 cupcakes-exactly---that's why they went to work)!

He was very determined to get the big pumpkin....we told him Aunt Tinka will lift it when she comes next week. So Katie-here is your warning-you have to pick up a 75 pound pumpkin. Sorry-otherwise you will no longer be the favorite aunt. Oh and it's 59 cents a pound-glad we got that established.... (just kidding).
Preston wanted to be in the caboose. If you look closely you can see his little hat.


16 comments:

Jaime said...

Looks like you and Preston had a great time at the pumpkin farm - we're going with Caty's preschool class next Thursday. I love the picture of Preston trying to roll the HUMONGOUS one! It probably out-weighs him by quite a bit by the looks of it! I bet that he had a blast riding in the caboose! Looks like a beautiful day!

Danielle said...

That is just so cute! I love all the pics! Here the pumpkin patches are pretty much a pile of pumpkins in a church yard! I did find a farm out in redneck land we might go too..we shall see!
I'm glad to see you guys are settling in so nicely in Virgina!

Jennifer said...

Oh! I love these pictures! I'm so in love with your boy. I just can't wait to meet you both. I'm absolutely up for planning a get together. You are welcome here in MIchigan any time.

Anonymous said...

ugh i miss you guys so much i am so jealous that my parents are going to visit you guys tomorrow...btw i just showed will the animal video and all he kept saying was "aww" thats bc he and pres are bffs...but i totally love pres and the huge pumpkin it reminds of when my mom asked for charlie bc she needed someone tall and pres followed her into the kitchen lol

i love you guys!

Unknown said...

How cool to see the pumpkins on the vine!! Kim, you have to get him the book "Big Pumpkin" by Erica Silverman. It is the cutest Halloween book and if you are lucky to find it, grab the audio CD or cassette as well...it is great! Seamus does this book with his class every morning and they act out the parts of the different Halloween characters. I've been having a hard time tracking down the audio, his teacher's version is old and she's afraid it will kick the bucket any time now! But it's all about a BIG pumpkin, so I'm sure Preston will love it. Adorable pictures, we miss you guys so much!!

Mandy said...

It looks like you had a great time at the pumpkin farm. I love the picture with him trying to roll that huge pumpkin.

The caboose shot is priceless. So who gets the job of scooping the guts of the pumpkin?

Katie Jaye said...

The barrel ride? I can't deal! I want to cry he's so freaking cute!

LOL And I WILL pick up that 75 pound pumpkin. I just need Preston to stand very far away just in case I drop it. I'm surprised that dad didn't try. Was mom afraid he'd get a hernia again? I really figured he'd spot it and instantly turn into Ridiculously Large Pumpkin-picking Dad.

Alex said...

What a fun day!! I really love this time of the year...pumpkin patches, halloween, outdoor fun and yet the weather is usually beautiful everywhere!
Preston looks so cute trying to lift that huge pumpkin!

Greene Family said...

What a great day! I love the pics . . . the pic of him and the 75 pound pumpkin is just too cute!! I'm so excited to take Simon to the pumpkin patch in a couple of weeks . . . he'll probably want to climb over all of them!

Anonymous said...

OMG...The lil man is just too cute!!! LOVE the pics xo

Anonymous said...

He is just too cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun at the farm!

Anonymous said...

These are great.

Robert Pariser

Ever Changing said...

I love reading your blog and looking at all the great pictures and videos! Please feel free to add us to your blog!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time! We've been to 2 pumpkin patches. For sure Aidan would have so much fun with Preston if we were closer.

Destini said...

Too cute! Trace would have insisted on riding on the tractor, not in a barrel! Looks like a lot of fun! Preston is too adorable with that huge pumpkin!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Adorable pictures ... I love, love, love, Preston trying to pick up the huge pumpkin! Are you guys going to carve that huge pumpkin? Preston is so cute in the barrel caboose!
I think we need another Preston video this week :0)
Trisha