Sunday, September 14, 2008

Settling In

We are getting into our "groove" here in VA! We had a really great weekend. We attended our first ever Richmond Spiders Football Game courtesy of Sammy and got to hang out in the corporate tent (how cool are we)? It was also about 99 degrees outside so we made it to halftime and then me, being a good parent took my way overheated son home.
Last night we also had dinner with Sammy and J and baby Maddie. Our mutual friend and former roommate Billy also was there since he and his wife Devon (with whom I also went to law school with) and their two children are relocating to Miami this week. The funny thing is Billy & Devon literally lived two buildings away from me in Bronxville too! So we are all making the change together.

Today was football and I am very happy with the results of Big Blue's Sunday game. Then again if they did not beat the Rams for goodness sakes, what the heck kind of season am I looking at here?

I also did some dreaded pants shopping for Preston. Not that I believe in this heat Preston will ever wear pants anytime soon, but I need time to hem them-I'm not hemming them, let's not get crazy-but I have to try them on again with his sneakers and pin them where the necessary whacking off the bottoms is to take place. I also am very into pants with elastic waists for him since I feel pants are too uncomfortable around the belly when he sits if they are cut too small in the waist. I personally am a big fan of elastic pants for myself but unfortunately I still am completely refusing "mom" jeans or elastic trousers. I'll just dream of sweats while at work.

For all you Facebookers-I may pull my profile for several reasons-one is I hate the new layout. I finally join and then they change it for Heavens knows what reason. Second someone sent me a message with a link to a video. Since I opened the message (which was not originally sent by one of my friends, but disguised as one), my profile sends the same message to others. This annoys me. I have no time for hacker scams on Facebook. Like I need to take my computer back that scary Geek Squad guy? I'll let you know-but I am staying out of it for a couple of days. If you get a message from me for a video, it's spam.

The only other complaint of the weekend are the price gouging whores at the pumps. I mean seriously I am paying almost what I paid for gas this summer. I mean the storm was devastating but we did RUN OUT of gas. The refineries went on like a mini vaca. Everyone needs to friggin relax. There was me on the Attorney General of Virginia's website to get the number to report each gas station within a five mile radius. Gas is a big sore subject with me. I tend to get quite heated.

And because Mel is not happy about her less than daily picture allotment, here are some recent pics of the dude.




15 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

You know, take your time and leave Facebook alone for a few days, but you'd better come back on or Cherylle and I will both start posting lots of slightly inappropriate sounding things on your blog to make up for you not being on Facebook to do it to me! LOL

Besides, the new layout really ain't so bad when you get used to it... the tabs are nice if you're like me and easily overwhelmed by too much info on one page!

Either way, Preston is as cute as always... I'd show you some current pics of Caitlin with her new teeth, but they're on Facebook and I just can't put you through that right now... LOL

Jaime said...

Glad to hear that you and Preston are settling in and enjoying yourselves. I always love seeing pictures of him, so please keep them coming.

As for Facebook, I would be very sad if you left, not that we can't be in touch other ways. Who would send me random drinks and superpoke me? Okay, so I have other friends that do those too, but it always brings a smile to my face when I get something from you on there! Hope that you will stay!

Unknown said...

SO glad to see you guys are having such a good time! I feel ya on the heat...I'm sure you heard it was 85 here yesterday with a dewpoint of 72 (and I really am not quite sure what that means, but it was freakin HOT) so we got a little taste of the southern weather. I am a true Northeast girl, bring on the crisp fall air and even the Nor'easters, I'll take anything over this heat!!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy!! My "new" church didn't go so well, but I'll be patient.

Love the pics of Preston--hey, looks like the temp will be going down this week. I'm tired of the heat and humidity. We avoided all things outdoors on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the photos. I miss you guys
xoxo
Mel
ps- I hate the new facebook too, and I dont understand the gas thing either. its bs

Anonymous said...

Mom told me the gas is past four dollars (four dawleeerrrss). On Thursday The Sham was $3.59, $3.69 Friday morning, $3.79 early Saturday when Steve left for school, and $3.85 by the time I got home from Empire later that day. Das some bullshit right there. I'm afraid to look today.

Facebook sucks. It's always sucked. It never let me become a CU alumn because I didn't keep my horrid email account with Colorado so I just look like an uneducated bum with my only network being Nassau, NY which is absolutely nothing to write home about.

Love the new pics! I'm looking forward to Friday! I know it will take FOREVER to get here! Blerg!

Tonya said...

I won't start with the gas...

I am glad your enjoying yourslef in your new home! See, God has a way of letting you know, it's okay!!

Poor Preston and that heat! His cheeks were bright red! I feel you!

Also, we haven't had to lop of any pants yet, but the fringe look is in...at least that's what I tell myself...;)

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Love the pictures! Preston looks so happy and cute in that swing! What a cheeseburger! Thankfully I have found a lady at work who is willing to hem Caden's pants! We haven't had to hem any yet, but I think this winter will be a new beginning of constant hemming! I don't think sewing is really my thing!
Trisha

Greene Family said...

I'm glad to hear that you and Preston are settling in and having fun! I love the pics - Preston is so cute and so stylish all of the time! Good luck with the pants shopping - I am all for the elastic waist too!

Facebook - I'm not crazy about the new layout either.

Anonymous said...

Kim,

He's adorable as always. But, Where is fall? It was freakin' HOT here this weekend!!! Glad you are all settling in.

Amanda

Alex said...

Hey...don't you dare leaving Facebook!!! LOL I hate the new lay out too though.
I love all the pictures, especially the first one of you and Preston.

Destini said...

Um, did nobody warn you about the humidity in VA? Ok, we live in WV, but the humidity sucks here too!

Glad you guys are having a good time - Preston is so adorable! I just love his smile.

Here's my dorkiness update - I've never been on Facebook to know that the new layout sucks :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Preston is looking more and more like his beautiful mommy every day! The one where he's making a funny furrowed brow face with the Dasani bottle is hilarious - and TOTALLY reminds me of YOU when you're in a tizzy about something. :)
Miss you and so glad to hear things are going well down there. And just remember, you're not in NY anymore, so don't expect anything to be fast - not the food, or the Jiffy Lubes, etc. :) After a while, I bet you visit NY and think that we're all a bunch of over-stressed work mongrels.

Lisa said...

That's wonderful that you guys are settling in so well. Can't believe the heat there! Yikes. I'm not as annoyed as everyone else about the Facebook layout. Give it some time! It may just grow on you. If it makes you feel better, I didn't get that spam video!

Unknown said...

I am glad to see you have settled in to Virginia. Fall is in the air and should start cooling off things. Stay on Facebook...it will grow on you. Preston is a little cutie!!