Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering....

Seven years and it is still such a raw wound. Seven years and not a day goes by where I do not remember. Grandma, God took you the day before and like I said in your eulogy, it was because he new he needed you to help with all the new angels that would be there the very next morning.

That beautiful morning...severe clear they called it, not a cloud in the sky. It was a bright day that ended with the darkest cloud. You were there to help everyone. I know you were there to embrace Matt and the Vianna's have to know that.

And Matt...seven years..God you would have been thirty too this year. Probably married, maybe with a child. Maybe still working towards executive at Cantor. Instead you will be forever twenty three with a big smile and a big heart. I think so often of your family. Dad gives me updates whenever he sees your father. Now that I am a mother, I cannot even begin to imagine your mother's heart today especially. Please comfort her.

We will never forget....God Bless you all, God Bless America.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me teary, Kim. I wish I could have made the decision to come home on the 10th instead of the 11th which wouldn't have left me trapped and all alone out in CO. I wish I could have been there for grandma's funeral, helped say goodbye. Your eulogy for Pop-Pop was beautiful and I feel being there with you at grandma's might have given me some kind of closure.

I will never hear "You Are Mine" and not think of that day in the church where we all tried to celebrate Matt's life but it was just so upsetting. I think of your reaction at Caitlin's confirmation when hearing that song and how I held you and we comforted one another. I'm still crying after all these years. Will these two days, back to back, ever get easier?

Big hugs and love to you.

Mike Mallinson said...

A couple of friends of mine lived a few blocks away at the time of the attacks as well - the wife had just taken the train upstate for work when the first plane hit.

This meant so much to the rest of us - I can only imagine what it meant to someone who lived in New York and had friends in the towers.

God bless you too...

Greene Family said...

I can't imagine what this week is like for you every year. Hugs and God Bless!