Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Preston Sized Windows

Well here we are-one full week in Richmond and we are really settling in. Preston has been back to school in the Preppers class (Sorry Jennifer-no more interesting produce-inspired names). His teacher Miss Sandy is also from New York and so far has not lost her accent. I truly am hoping to hold on to mine as long as possible. Marrah has promised to speak "Staten Island" to me over the phone to ensure that accent you all have come to love will still be present next summer. Wait until you guys all go to Brooklyn next year. You think I have a New York accent-just wait! Mine is more Long Island, although it is toned down-I don't say "cauffee"...ok maybe I do. :-) Preston may pick up the accent though.

One thing I love about the day care is it is brand new which means brand new playgrounds with foam padding versus wood chips. He is so much cleaner. I don't need to wash his feet prior to bathing so he is not washing in complete filth. I think he still thinks we may be going home or that he will come here and his toys will be moved again. He was crying when I picked him up today because apparently he was beat out for the police car ride-on toy that yesterday he monopolized. I tried to explain sharing, but he did not really give a damn about that since someone else had a toy that he clearly thinks is his. Not to mention though he also monopolized one of the scooters at recess. So Preston got his first lesson in sharing.

My job started today. It's a little different from what I am used to. I go for another long orientation tomorrow and then we start on Friday.

Here are some pics of Preston in his new room. All the windows in this house are low-perfectly Preston sized so he can look out. Look how cute he is in his pjs after bath!

17 comments:

Renay said...

ugh -the long orientations are killing me;-) I feel for ya. Cute pj's! Love the low windows;-)

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

How cool that the windows are sized for Preston. The video was nice - what a GREAT neighborhood. Hope things go well for Preston over the next few weeks and months...and you too, of course!

Anonymous said...

He is just too cute! I'm glad you all (or is it y'all now?) are settling in. Don't worry about losing your accent. I haven't lived in the south for over 10 years, and I still have mine.

Amanda & Parker

Mike Mallinson said...

I hear you about orientations!! I've been in orientations non-stop since yesterday, and I'm dying! Tomorrow I get to spend the entire day helping new students figure out which classes to sign up for - that should be a little more interesting!

Love the windows - it's great that he can look out the windows already!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I guess I need to listen to your video's more closely. I just don't pick up on the accent?! Poor Preston and sharing - that must have broke your heart to see him crying when you got there to pick him up. That's a hard one!
I too will miss the veggie daycare names but it is cool he is at a new school with clean new toys! As always I love the pictures! He is SOOO Cute, and he appears to be very proud of his bug jammies!
Keep us posted on the new job!
Trisha

Jaime said...

I can never say it enough - Preston is adorable! The windows are perfect size for him. Sorry to hear how the sharing lesson went, that's a hard one to learn. We still have issues with that - today we were in Toys R Us and they have a train table. Of course Caitlyn has to stop and play - she loves trains! When it was time to go, she said "but what if someone comes and takes my Thomas?" She had a hard time understanding that just because she played with it, that doesn't make it hers. She quickly got over it as we went in search of other toys. Hope that all is well! Keep the pictures coming!

Andrea said...

Love the Preston sized windows!1 Evan found a water fountain the other day that he could reach--he loved that, took forever to leave!

I think Richmond is about 1 1'2 hours. We've been meaning to g to the zoo down there--we'll let you know!

Sarah said...

Preston is so cute! Even the story about not wanting to share 'his' toys at preschool. Love that :) We took will to visit the daycare he will be starting next week and he comes in, piles about 4 trucks (as many as he can fit in his arms) and carries them around the whole time we are there like they are his an no one can touch them :) So I get it!
I'm so glad you are working on keeping that accent, it's so much fun to listen to! I love the pics and the pjs. The windows are truly perfect size for Preston. That house is just gorgeous!

Alex said...

As always, he's so cute!! You know I have been living in the States for about 9 years and I still have my french accent, so don't worry accents don't go away that easily. ;)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

We also have Cole sized windows! They go from floor to ceiling so even at a year old he can reach the window seal to pull himself up and look out! I think these builders knew our precious boys would be living here! Cole had a playdate at our house the other day where he had to share his toys and I see that we may have a long road ahead of us! lol

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he loves the fact he can see the back yard from his room.

And just so everyone knows...Kim had the WORST LI accent ever as a teenager! If you need proof, I'll gladly post her sweet sixteen candle-lighting ceremony on my BLOG!

I have to say, your accent did tone down a bit. Maybe because mine did living out west and you saw me every weekend so it grew on you!

Every weekend...*sigh* I miss you.

Jillsblog said...

Preston is so adorable and handsome. He looks well adjusted to the new home, it is beautiful by the way! When I lived in South Carolina, I could not escape my terrible Boston accent, no worries, it can't fade that quick...lol

Greene Family said...

Preston is too cute! I love the windows! Simon looks out our back doors all of the time since he can't reach the windows.

I liked the video - beautiful neighborhood!

Jenn

Tonya said...

He PJ's are cute!!!

I bet he loves looking outside!

I hope you don't lose your accent! I can't wait to see you guys next year!!

Greene Family said...

Hi Kim,
Yes, you can add us to your blog. Do you mind if I add you guys to ours?
Jenn

Jennifer said...

Love the jammies! Love that boy and can't wait to meet him and his mama in person. Sharing is a toughie. I still don't much like to share!
Preppers, eh? It just doesn't resonate quite like Chili Peppers or Avocados or whatever the other groups were called but I guess it has a certain ring to it:):):)

Destini said...

Yeah for new daycares - Taylor and Trace started last year right after the new facility opened - it is still really nice and kept well! Trace is getting better sharing with his cousin Eaden, he doesn't try to gather up all the toys and carry them around anymore! Preston is so completely adorable and he just looks more and more like a big boy!