Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Tree Snafu

So we got the tree. There was a picture of it in the last post. I put the lights on the tree Monday night. On Tuesday my mom came over and we decorated the tree. It was so pretty.




























I took my mother home and put Preston to bed. I started another task. I looked. I squinted. OMG why is the angel coming forward? Holy crap, the tree is going to fall. So I'm in my living room. Holding the tree. With a sleeping child upstairs who doesn't wake up for smoke alarms next to his ear, so my screaming won't wake him. And there is no one else in my home. See the issue? I see my phone on the coffee table and slide it over with my foot and dial my mom while holding the tree watching ornaments plummet to the carpet. I put her on speaker and we devise a plan. I shimmy (if I even can shimmy-what is shimmy-ing? I suck at dancing so I'm pretty sure i suck at shimmy-ing). In any event I tighten the one bolt loose on the tree stand enough to anchor the tree. I take off all the ornaments and drag the tree to the deck. I don't have the wire to secure it to the wall. There I am. Three hours later looking at the ornaments on the coffee table...again. So we do the whole procedure over Wednesday night. I am Bill Murray and Sonny and Cher are playing in the background. The tree is now secured to my drapery rod hooks. If it falls, it pulls down the drapes. If that happens, Santa is being detoured to my parents because Christmas will officially be banned from my home. Here is the tree part 2.























Almost identical, except we had one ornament casualty. It looks gorgeous. I thank my mom for putting up my tree...twice. This weekend we went up to Maryland for DJ's mom's side of the family's Christmas party. Preston had a blast since there were a ton of kids to play with and he was able to run free in the big backyard. DJ did the organizing (this was a surprise Christmas party for his grandmother). The three boys passed out in the back seat on the way to his parents' later that day. The picture I posted to Facebook was priceless. I also got to see the musical side of DJ this weekend. He spent a good portion of time in one band a few years back. The band he played with this weekend is a cover band. His voice I would say is a mix of Creed and Staind. Seeing that I sing about as well as American Idol hopefuls in auditions (the bad ones), I get so excited to hear people with good voices. I'm sure I am biased, but he was pretty incredible and I was impressed. It was fun going to meet his friends and get to hang out with his sister a bit longer. Here he is jamming out.





















































And our relationship still lasted through the Giants/Redskins game today-or really the Redskins game since clearly the Giants didn't even come out to play. Hope everyone enjoys the last week of shopping!!!! For good measure...Jaime M. posted a pic of Caty dressed as a reindeer. It reminded me of Preston dressed as a reindeer when he was almost two. Enjoy!







2 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

I'm patiently waiting for adorable Christmas pictures of Mr. Preston. I'm sure it was wonderful with your new addition(s)!
I'm beginning to fear that Mr. Incredible has kidnapped you (j/k).
I know the whole tree snafu wasnt funny for you ... but your reinactment of it makes me laugh :o)
... and I love the flashback reindeer picture! Too precious ... it goes too quickly!

Jen Weisser said...

I, as well as you have learned from now on we must anchor the tree to something! I am still so mad! We ended up loosing 7 orniments!
Love the reindeer pic!