Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Birthday Celebration

Preston’s actual birthday was a big deal. I baked cupcakes for his party in school. He celebrated with all women-my mother, myself, Kelly and Eileen and Katie.  We started out opening gifts, then it was off to Longhorn for dinner and then back to our house for more gifts.  Clearly this child is not spoiled.

IMG_8521

IMG_8525

Because this was his Golden Birthday (6 on December 6th), Kelly made a golden basket!

IMG_8527

He also got an adorable Build a Bear with an extra outfit from Eileen and Katie and Kelly also bought him Mr. Popper’s Penguins.  My mother bought him clothes and books and toys, but nothing was more exciting than this-

IMG_8531

I had no idea what to get him this year.  So I bought him a flat screen HDTV.  You know, the typical gift for a 6th birthday.

IMG_8533

This weekend Mel and Katie came down to celebrate the festivities at Pump it Up.  This year his party was not cancelled either by his father.  We had a great time today!

IMG_8550

IMG_8560

IMG_8556

IMG_8565

IMG_8570

IMG_8582

IMG_8581

IMG_0158

IMG_8576

After the party we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Katie, my parents, Kim and DJ and the boys. This weekend was also Miss Faith’s baby shower and we bought our Christmas tree.  The branches still have not fallen, but DJ got it in the stand for me and the boys did have fun picking it out.  So I’ll attempt getting the lights on it tonight! 

IMG_8538

IMG_8545

And I broke down and decided to do Christmas cards, but I am only going to send out a limited number this year.  I will post a copy here though.  Hope everyone is enjoying the last two weeks before the big day!!! I’m more than halfway done shopping-yippee!!! 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great fun filled weekend you had. Love the pic of you and DJ.

AmberK said...

Lots o' love surrounding you all. I heart that very much! :)

Love those HUGE smiles on everyone's faces!! THAT is Christmas all in itself! :)

Hugs!
AmberK

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caden and Mommy said...

AHH!!! I love that glow on your face :o) SO happy you have a good guy in your life!
Looks like Preston's birthday was awesome! Isn't it sad we dont even know what to buy our boys who are loved so much?!
Preston must have had 30 kids at his party? That's one full table :o)

Unknown said...

What an awesome party for a fantastic birthday boy! That Lionel train...wow. I can actually hear him saying "YESSS!" So cute, and such a little man now! I'm so happy for you Kim, your happiness is just shining through these pictures.

Sarah said...

I love that you bought him a flat screen tv for his bday! lol. I kinda did this for Wiliam a couple years ago...just a small one, but still. haha. I know I'm late, but I seriously can't believe he's 6! Wow, time sure does fly by when you're having fun. Will's party was at a bounce place too. Love all the photos as always.