Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Pres Pres!!!

My Dearest Preston,



As you turn six years old today I cannot help but think back to the day you were born. It was snowing. It's 70 degrees today. You came into the world screaming....you are still not what we call, "quiet." You are a total Raab in that department. Speaking of Raab, you are officially a Raab now as well. You are the funniest kid on the planet. You challenge me intellectually at six. As I told you, once you pass the bar, I may let you win an argument. You are doing amazing in kindergarten. In fact after the first quarter you've scored over what you need to pass kindergarten. I was a little worried when you left the bubble of Minnieland, but in true Preston fashion you became the mayor of the school, stealing everyone's hearts. All those worries I had on the day you were born are gone. You have shown the world that you are amazing. You have shown the world that differences do not mean less than perfect; that they mean perfection for you! You played soccer for two seasons and you have become an aggressive little player, scoring goals and helping assist. You love trains and I am so proud of how you can navigate the NYC subway system (and you also know how to hail a cab). You love Phineas and Ferb and there is nothing funnier than listening to you belly laugh while watching an episode. You are reading. You are writing. You are doing very well in math (which is great because mommy is terrible). You love music. You listen to everything and can tell me who sings what within a few notes (much like Mommy and Aunt Tinka). Your current fave is "Country Girl" and I catch you in your room singing it and shaking it for me! You've become interested in video games and play many games on Grandma and Mommy's iPhones. You LOVE going out to dinner and trying new foods. You still have a big sweet tooth!

Preston, we cannot go many places in Midlothian where you are not known. I'm ok with being "Preston's Mommy." It's quite the badge of honor. You are the apple of this family's eye. Your Grandma and PaPa love you so darn much. Grandma couldn't even finish singing to you without breaking down because that is how much your presence in our lives mean. Your uncles and aunts love you so much. They have had so much fun watching you grow up and develop into the character you are today. You are Star of the Week this week in school. You and DJ had a great time making your poster and coloring it all in. You are the Star of Every Day for me.

Thank you Preston for being the amazing little boy you are. I am so lucky to be your mother and watch you grow up. Always remain who you are. Reach for the stars. I will be right there next to you every step of the way!!!!

I love you. Happy Birthday.

Love,

Mommy














13 comments:

Kerri said...

beautiful letter!

Caden and Mommy said...

So Sweet! Love You Guys!!! Happy 6th Birthday Preston ~ You Rock!!!

Jaime said...

Absolutely beautiful letter to your sweet Pres! I'm totally crying while reading this, happy tears of course, because I'm so very thankful that you are in our lives. Love you both so very much!! Happy 6th Birthday Pres!!

Andrea said...

Where are the tissues??!!

Happy 6th birthday Preston!

Unknown said...

A wonderful letter for a wonderful boy! Happy 6th Birthday Preston! Seriously, how do we have six-year-olds??? It just doesn't seem possible. How I miss those chubby little achon baby legs! We love you and miss you!

Ever Changing said...

Good job making me cry while reading a post Kim! I love it none the less! And happy Birthday to a VERY SPECIAL and precious boy!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

So beautiful! I have tears in my eyes! Happy Birthday Preston! Because of you I know my Lyla will be just fine! Thank you! Xoxo

AmberK said...

Pass the tissues this way, too!

Beautiful, Kim.

Happy Birthday Preston!!!!

Katie Jaye said...

Happy Birthday P-Dawg! You are the best little man in the entire world! We are all so blessed to have you in our lives! You make us smile and laugh everyday; a true gift! Love ya!

Moma said...

What more can I say but that you ROCK little man--i adore you and every day with you is a new and wonderful experience--Happy 6th birthday my precious grandson

Unknown said...

That was the sweetest post Kim! Put a lump in my throat reading it. Happy 6th Birthday Preston! We love you!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Wow! I can't believe Preston is SIX!! He is such a special boy and SO lucky to have such a wonderful mommy. Happy {belated} birthday P!! On a side note: it's so nice to see how happy you look {and sound on fb}! So happy for you! Hugs!!

Jen Weisser said...

Happy belated birthday Preston! Cant believe our boys are 6 already! Time really does fly! Hope to see you guys soon!