Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New York Getaway

We hadn’t been to New York for a long time and with Chris in from Arizona, what better time.  What a whirlwind weekend.  Lots of visiting and driving.  Got to spend time with my oldest friends, Mel and Cheryl. Thursday we rolled up north and get to my parents’ apartment.  The apartment is located one block from the East River with a fabulous park.  Preston had a great time running all over the place.

IMG_7575

IMG_7576

Friday morning Pres and I headed over to the “Surge” or the surgery center where Aunt Tinka works.  Preston had a great time getting loved on by everyone and exploring PaPa’s office.  And always photo opportunities with my beautiful sister!

IMG_7581

IMG_7582

IMG_7583

IMG_7587

Then it was off to Long Island to have brunch with Aunt Cheryl!!! 

IMG_7595

IMG_7597

Third stop on Friday was my cousin Jeffrey and Phyllis’ house.  Gosh our family is LOUD!  Phyllis is the most amazing cook and homemade Italian food….yes please! Preston and Uncle Charlie were infatuated with Jeffrey’s bike.

IMG_7599

IMG_7600

IMG_7604

IMG_7606

Last stop was Aunt Melski’s.  We spent the night there and then when off to Katie and Steve’s in the morning.

IMG_7607

Katie and Steve moved to the South Shore on the water.  The pool overlooked the bay with the most fantastic breeze.  Preston enjoyed lots of pool time with his aunt and uncle!

IMG_7611

It’s so funny how Katie and I get so many freckles on our nose as soon as we are out in the sun! I will also point out how clearly the sun is stronger in Virginia!

IMG_7612

IMG_7613

Last stop for Saturday was a huge Italian meal at Umberto’s with Grandma and Father Bill.  So much food.  It was AH-MAZING. I further point out that while Katie did a fab job on her make up, I did her hair!

 IMG_7622

IMG_7623

IMG_7625

IMG_7626

IMG_7628

And this is how Preston spent his dinner…..

IMG_7627

It was a nice weekend to spend with the whole family, good friends and food!!!  Including bagels!!!!  

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Your family seems amazing. So much love!

Michelle said...

Looks like a great trip with family and friends. I'm so glad you & Pres had a good time.

Unknown said...

You and Katie are just gorgeous! I love the pictures! Her hair is so cute, it's making me want to cut mine. I am jealous of your tan. Although I am a slightly deeper shade of pink after Myrtle Beach, so that's a decent tan for me! Love freckles, I have always had them and now Grace gets them too! Preston looks like he truly had a blast on your adventure...particularly on that bike!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome weekend! Fun, fun times with family and best friends! Great pictures!!
I was laughing about you saying how loud your family is as I was just talking about our family reunion coming up and how loud my family gets. :)
Same here with the freckles, and it seems like I get more and more every summer.
I really like Katie's hair - beautiful pictures of the two of you!

Laura Wolf said...

Looks like a great time Kim! I think you might have to slow down, you wore Preston out, lol! Or as Nate would say, "he's all pooped out!"

Katie Jaye said...

These pictures are fantastic! I had so much fun last weekend. And the food we consumed, oh the food! I LOVE getting the whole family together and next time I totally want to go to Jeffrey and Phyllis'. I'm looking forward to the next time we all can be in the same state!

PS- Thanks for liking my hair girls! :-)

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

New York Rocks! Woohoo! Looks like you had the most amazing time with your family! Your parents look wonderful in the pics! And your sister and you look so sweet together! Sisters are the best! Preston looked like he loved that motorcycle. His face in those pics are soooooo cute! Sounds like you miss NY and especially the food and bagels! LOL

Caden and Mommy said...

As I followed you on FB I was exhausted for you on your adventure :0) Sometimes I think we pack a lot into our weekend Seattle visits ... but you have me beat here!
How nice that Preston just decided to conk out at dinner, rather then whine and make everyone miserable during the meal, as Caden would do!
Better watch out Mom, I think a motorcycle might appear on Preston's wish list.
You are Glowing! in this post. Dont know if it's your summer tan, thrilled to see your family and friends or something else :0) but whatever it is you look great!