Friday, February 25, 2011

February Slacker

First I must share a picture I took Valentine’s weekend of pres and my dad reading the paper.  Katie and I call my dad, “weekend dad” when he reads the paper.  He totally zones out, ignoring perhaps even a nuclear war, in order to absorb the metro section.  In fact we nicknamed this because if you try to talk to my dad he gives you an obligatory “Uh huh.”  It was great as a teenager: “Dad. Yeah going out. Taking the car…buying some beer…sleeping at X’s house because their parents aren’t home and the guy I like will be there.” So Katie and I termed him weekend dad.  Because if you keep pestering him while he reads the paper, then he gets all flustered and it’s comical.  He did it to Pres once.  Pres called him out.  He said, “PaPa. Why do you say ‘uh huh’ to me?  Are you not listening?”  Here is weekend dad and Pres:

IMG_6364

Here is my little funny Valentine:

IMG_6368

I was away last weekend in New Orleans for a business seminar.  I absolutely love these seminars.  I had such a great time.  I would also love to return to the Big Easy  to see some of the touristy sites as well.  While I was gone, Grandma and PaPa got to spend four days with Pres (thanks Mom and Dad)!  While away, my parents took Preston on an Amtrak ride.  One stop from Richmond to Ashland.  Once in Ashland there is a huge train store.  I now have three more tremendous Thomas track boxes and stantions for bridges in my guest room.  I love these pics of Pres and my mom.  I was looking through them quick and did a double take.  At first I thought it was me and I thought, “When did we take this picture?”

IMG_6011

IMG_6012

IMG_6010

IMG_6015

And just some other random pictures:  Katie is on her way down for the weekend.  And who’s excited for Idol blogging????  Whoo hoo!

IMG_6375

IMG_6369

9 comments:

mel said...

wait, why did preston have to spend the weekend with your parents? RIGHT- bc the 8.76 probably couldnt pay for the Amtrak from RIC to ASH. Just saying. Hes a lucky little man! Loving all the new places for photos in the new digs

Caden and Mommy said...

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE that picture of your Dad and Preston. Preston is so serious about reading the comics. LOVE it :0) ~ and I also love the commentary of you and Katie in your teen years with weekend Dad.
... again Love Mel! ... okay back to the post.
Of course your parents spoiled Pres and took him on the train, so cute, and I sympathize with you and the new boxes of toys ... where to put them?!
Have a great weekend and fun with your sis!
And, can you just hurry up and buy your Anaheim tickets. I cant deal with the uncertainty if you will be there or not. I need my Kim & Preston fix :0) ... just sayin!

Melissa Swartley said...

Too funny! Weekend dad! my dad was like this while watching football! he even doled out cash for "school projects" LOL! Love how Preston called him out on it! Such cute pics of Pres! Oh man, I have been watching Idol with Steven Tyler and I can hardly contain myself waiting for your Idol posts!!!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

I loved going on Amtrak as a child. I would go with my parents and I thought it was so fun.

Kim- Let me know when ur in NY. I would love to meet up. Email me cause I'm not on facebook.

babs said...

Having the pleasure of seeing Preston's face light up when he stepped onto the Amtrak train was like winning the lottery ticket--he was so enamored with riding the train he was glued to the window--PaPa met us by car in Ashland and we visited the train store where the both of them were in "train" heaven. It was such a great day for the 3 of us--Thanks Kimberly for giving us such a beautiful, special little boy to cherish and love--Every minute spent with Preston is truly a blessing--You have been a terrific mom to him and it shows daily--Thanks again sweetheart

Unknown said...

Weekend Dad! So funny! There is nothing like grandparents, especially awesome ones like your parents! I can only imagine how thrilled Preston was with the train ride and train store. What a treat!!

Yiannakis Family said...

Oh man, not sure what to comment on first - the great, as always, pictures; Mel's hilarious comment; or your mom's touching heartfelt comment?? What a great family Preston has!!

Greene Family said...

Too funny - weekend Dad! That picture of Pres and your Dad is too cute - Pres looks so serious! How awesome that your parents took Pres on a train ride and to the train store! Adorable pictures of your little man! You and your mom do look so much alike! What a sweet comment from your mom too!
Miss you and Pres! It looks like the 9th will work for us . . . I'll send you a message.

Greene Family said...

P.S. Can't wait for your Idol blogs!! I wasn't going to watch this season, but I'm hooked.