Wednesday, July 7, 2010

YEE HAW! Nashville 2010!

I am so glad I decided in a moment of weakness a few weeks back to book this trip! What a great time with such wonderful friends. I was weepy yesterday morning before I left. I must say, to my blogging family especially, you guys mean so much to me. You have been my life line for the past four and half years. It is so amazing to watch our children grow up and then to meet in person and have the kids so happy to be together. I wish us all a lifetime of memories together. I am already so excited about Anaheim next year and hoping the North East/Mid Atlantic group can do a few more get-togethers.

IMG_4303

We did not stay in the main hotel. I figured with my son’s obsession for all-things trains, I would win the coolest mom of the century award for staying at the Union Station Hotel. This was a converted train station and freight trains rolled on by all day long. I mean this to Preston is the equivalent of myself in a shoe store. I called with a question a week prior and a very smarmy employee of said hotel who did not realize I don’t like to be spoken down to, tried to be “cute” and instead of me hanging up, I asked for her supervisor. I was upgraded to a suite by her supervisor. This suite would be every Manhattanite’s dream apartment! Including two bathrooms. I pulled the curtains back and there was a full view of the tracks right from the bedroom!

IMG_4486IMG_4311IMG_4309

The hotel is a historic hotel of America-look how gorgeous the lobby is!


IMG_4316 IMG_4348


IMG_4321

I have a ton of pictures, but most I will upload to Facebook. Saturday we spent the afternoon at the main hotel and met a lot of people. Here is Preston and Nate, Pres and Tonya and Pres and Nikki!

. IMG_4334

IMG_4330

IMG_4337


IMG_4342

Pres was obsessed with Baby Avery. He told me, “She’s the cutest little thing ever mommy!” He just talked about her incessantly!

Sunday more of our friends arrived and we we all met again at the hotel. Preston loved the stepstools everywhere! Courtesy of Jaime and Melissa, we had a huge get together for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Pres was a little less than savory at times. I think the combination of being overwhelmed at the convention and then people coming up to him to say “hi” was a bit much at times. I think I said his name 487 times a day. Sunday night was fireworks! The kids were so well behaved for waiting around almost two hours for the show to begin. Thankfully a wonderful fireman from the Nashville FD had a John Deere fire truck pull up and allowed all the kids a chance to don the fire helmet and “drive” the truck. We enjoyed the night with Jaime and Caty, the Camengas, the Weissers and Trish and Caden! I now totally understand Trish’s blog posts about Caden and his car, or vacuums or all things with wheels. He loved his stroller. He is the cutest. Caty-bug is a doll face and was one of the only girls. She got a LOT of attention. She finally stole Preston’s heart when she presented him with a train picture she colored herself!

IMG_4349


IMG_4351


IMG_4373


IMG_4364

Pres and Nikki being goofsters. Melissa is definitely one of Pres’ favorite moms. She would be an awesome mother to boys that is for sure!


IMG_4378

IMG_4400


IMG_4407

Here are the three amigos. I just can have lunch with these three. I love how they talk to me too-if Seamus has a question it’s “Um Preston’s mom?” And Ethan it’s “So hey Kim.” Adorable. Love them both so much.


IMG_4421

IMG_4413

Monday we took a trolley ride around Nashville with Emily and Seamus and Trish and Caden. Nashville is not very kid-friendly at all and most of the tours were expensive and would never hold Preston’s interest. I’d love to go back with friends to enjoy the music and bars, sans kids.

IMG_4446

IMG_4448

IMG_4451

How cool is this? The Parthenon is a replica of the original in Greece to 1/16th of an inch. If you look closely there are Pres and Seamus on the top of the hill!


IMG_4464


IMG_4476

The above is for Mel who really wanted to see Pres in a cowboy hat. Monday afternoon was the POLP meet and greet which Pres conked out for.

IMG_4494


IMG_4493

IMG_4497
IMG_4502

 IMG_4509


Then it was dinner and ice cream to celebrate Seamus’ birthday and a fun walk to the riverfront.

IMG_4512


IMG_4518


IMG_4522


IMG_4520

Tuesday was a bit of a bummer because we signed up to go on the Duck Tour (half land/half water) with Jaime and Caty and the Yiannakis family and the boat broke. But we had fun hanging out in downtown Nashville together. Sadly it was our last day and we got home late last night. It was so much fun. Check out my album on FB. Love you guys again. Thank you for the memories!

IMG_4529

IMG_4534


IMG_4544


IMG_4531


IMG_4551

13 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

So many things to comment on in this post:
-I about died over that picture of Preston in a cowboy hat! A boy after my little Texan heart! He is to die for!
-SOO stinking jealous that Cole and I aren't in like ALL of those photos with you guys!!!
-What a fun time and so many memories for P to have for a lifetime!
-Can't wait for next year in Anaheim!! My Cali butt will for sure be there!!! I can't wait to get my hands on Preston asap!!!

Unknown said...

I'm just like Katie....sooooo jealous that we were not there. Beautiful hotel. What a room you got! So many blog faces all over the place. I sure hope we will see you next year in Anaheim. We need to meet in person!

Cheryl said...

Wowww what a gorgeous hotel, and what a fun time you guys had! It's so great that you keep in touch with this group and are making wonderful memories. I must say Kim, you look GORGEOUS and i love how long and perrrrty your hair is. Super jealous. :) Sorry you're now experiencing the "back to work blues." UUUUGH the worst!

Destini said...

I'm with the girls, super jealous, but so happy for all the fun you had! What adorable pictures, adorable! So much Preston cuteness! Oh, and you are THE MOM OF THE YEAR for that hotel!!!! Super score!

The Wymers said...

OMG your hotel was so way cooler than ours! Love all th pics, and you can tell Pres that he's my favorite too! I had to laugh at the one pic of Pres and Nik, you got her looking and not him and in my version I got him looking and not her! It was so great to meet up for real, can't wait to do it again!

Yiannakis Family said...

Love all the pictures Kim! You did a great job and were not annoying with the camera at all, LOL!! It was such a fantastic trip and I agree about getting more Mid-Atlantic trips together.

Alex said...

I am jealous!!! We'll be at the next one!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe you scored that hotel room! Way to go! And you got so many great pictures of the trip. It looks like so much fun. I love the three boys together...so cute and priceless! And um...is that a LV bag? Love it!

Tinka said...

It looks like you had a fun filled weekend! The pictures are all so fantastic; all of the kids are so adorable! That hotel looks pretty sick; I'm glad you were upgraded to such a beautiful room.

^_\

Melissa Swartley said...

So much AWESOMENESS!!! Seriously, that hotel looks super cool, the Parthenon replica is gorgeous and all of the kids together too cute!!! What an incredible time! Love all the pics and I so can't wait to go to our 1st conference!!!

Greene Family said...

It was so great to see you and Preston!! He is super adorable and you definitely score mommy of the century award for that cool hotel! We drove by, but ran out of time to go in and look.
Love all of the pictures - so much cuteness! I can't wait to meet up with just the two of you or a smaller group so Preston won't be so overwhelmed when I want to give him tons of hugs! :) The pictures of Preston, Seamus, and Ethan are always so cute!
I love our blogging family, and I think Preston steals everyone's heart! Looking forward to our next get together!

Unknown said...

Loved this trip!!! So very glad that you and Pres came! We had such a great time. The hotel is amazing...I'm bummed we didn't go over to look around! So blessed we are to have such an incredible extended "family!" The pictures are beautiful and the memories are priceless.

Laura Wolf said...

Finally getting to everyone's blog. We had a great time meeting you and Preston. I really wish that we had more time to spend together but it was crazy. Thanks for putting a picture of Nate up. I really feel like I was MIA with everyone. Can't wait for the next time.