Sunday, July 18, 2010

Month Long Heat wave!

Wow! It’s been so hot!  So hot that Pres has even traded Crocs for flip flops!

IMG_4616

It’s funny though, the heat doesn’t seem to have any effect on him at all.  Remember being a kid and playing outside all day long?  You didn’t care how much you sweat and no one worried about dehydration (Gatorade had not even been invented) and somehow we all survived?  You’ll be lucky to find a tumbleweed outside.  Kids today!  Not my son.  Pres went on a walk with us this morning-even walking about 1/4 to a 1/2 mile all by himself.  He then had some fun riding his bike!

IMG_4618

And seriously there is nothing cuter than Preston in muscle shirts.  I then decided I was going to get Preston a pool.  I went to Target and there was the coolest pool ever-a big slide a tunnel a water fall.  I figured this is awesome.  It was $549.  OK for $549 an entire family can buy passes to Water Country USA for the entire season.  Now I know why there were ten of them on the shelves not touched.  And what happens when you get that slow leak?  For $549 you’re better off with a pair of Jimmy Choos.  At least they last.  I did buy a super cool medieval dragon pool though that Preston had a BALL in! The dragon even spurts water. Here are some cute pictures.

IMG_4619

IMG_4620

IMG_4621

IMG_4625

IMG_4623

And here is the future Olympic diver.  Notice how he runs but then stops before hopping into the pool!  Hope everyone is keeping cool!

17 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

love him!! Cole and I just watched his videos a few times and both giggled!! He is just the cutest!

Jaime said...

We love him too! Caty and I were both giggling while watching the videos! Way to go Pres!!

Destini said...

I'm with ya on those waterslide things - $550, seriously? Not at the Davis house! Love the muscle shirts too - but get this crock, no tank tops allowed at the Elementary School. Go Pres on swimming, walking, and biking!! That's like a triathlon!

Tinka said...

That is a really cool dragon pool! He is so precious! I am very proud of him for loving the water so much. I can't wait for him to learn how to swim in the big pool because I have a feeling he'll be a water rat.

And you are so right about not ever being hot. I also remember skiing and playing in the snow and not feeling the cold at all. I swear our toes could be black with frostbite and we would be like, "please one more run, Dad!"

The Wymers said...

He's such a stud muffin - love him! The girls loved his videos and are now bugging me about how they want to go swimming...so, yeah, thanks! LOL!

Amico Dio said...

What a cutie! My Gevan loves his muscle shirts too. He is thirteen now and I think his wardrobe consists of about 15 muscle shirts. Funny thing is he just finally started wearing a size 5 but still refuses to get rid of the size 3t tanks. He says it shows how "ripped" his stomach is.

... teenagers!

Melissa Swartley said...

Way to go Preston! Love that dive into the pool!!! Looks like he knows how to keep nice and cool in this killer heat!!! It is so stinkin' hot!!! That pool looks mighty good to me! We spent our $$$ on a YMCA family membership for the year. No mess to clean up and don't have to worry about slow leaks! LOL! Although, a pair of Jimmy Choos would have looked oh so nice on my feet! Keep staying cool!!!

Unknown said...

Pres is just the cutes thing. Still so jealous that Jaime and Caty got to meet you and we didn't. Next year for sure! Aidan loved the videos and wishes you lived closer so that P could come to our clubhouse pool!

Sara said...

Love the Jimmy Choos comment! LOL

Also, love how Preston stopped before jumping in the pool. It's been hot here too...I kinda like it. It is great for pools and beaches. ;)

Caden and Mommy said...

Hooray for summer fun :0) I love that Preston is loving the water!!! The videos are too cute! Caden doesn't quite love the water yet :0( Hopefully next summer!

Laura Wolf said...

Nate and I just loved watching Preston jump into his pool. He is too cute! Missing you guys.

Unknown said...

OMG...$549 for a pool? I didn't even think they were allowed to sell things that expensive at Target! I bet if you keep an eye on it, it will be 75% off in August! Love the diving - he looks like he is having a blast! Love the muscle shirts as always - such the stud muffin!

Anthea said...

Love that pool....and Preston - well you already know I think he is the cutest kid around.

Thanks for sharing.
xox

Jennifer said...

Love the videos! Preston runs just like Owen!

Greene Family said...

So incredibly cute!! Love his dive! Very cool dragon pool too! What a stud in his muscle shirts!
I still need to login to FB but YAY for planning to go to Regionals!! Depending on what the schedule is like, maybe a group of us can all plan to go downtown for dinner Saturday! We'll still have to get together another weekend too so that I can give Preston hugs!!

Cheryl said...

Loooove the latest pics! And that dragon pool is super awesome. Man, I would have given ANYTHING to have a pool like that in my backyard as a kid. Instead we settled for chopping up worms and begging the neighbors to swim in their pool. :)
Great pics and videos Kim. I find myself saying that a lot but just when I think you've outdone yourself, you post even cute pics. Keep 'em coming.

Cheryl said...

...even CUTER pics. Ugh i hate when i discover typos after the fact. :)