Tuesday, April 6, 2010

American Idol-Week 4

So I am not in the greatest of moods tonight and thought about skipping the blog altogether, so if this is not that funny, I apologize in advance. Paul McCartney and John Lennon night. I loved that Sir Paul did a little camera promo and stated, "Hi I'm Paul McCartney." Thanks. Just in case you were living in solitary confinement since the 1960's. If Preston was on Idol tonight (assuming he made the Top 9, which for Preston's voice as I have stated previously, is a LONG shot), he would have sang "Yellow Submarine." Let's talk a bit about the judges quick tonight. Randy-totally digging Randy's cardigans. Since cardigans over long tank tops is pretty much my wardrobe, mad props to my main man Randy. Preston has the shirt Ellen was wearing-swear to God-he wore it in Boston to the news studio. Go check past blog posts. Kara's hair looked awful; it was the equivalent of my hair after a session on the elliptical machine-pieces sticking out, haphazard ponytail. But then again, just in case you have been in solitary confinement since...OK, last year's Idol blog, you know I am not a big Kara fan. If she was a suggestion on Facebook to "become a fan of" I would not be joining.

Aaron- "The Long and Winding Road"-Ellen stole my joke. I swear I wrote, the long and never ending song. And to prove it, and because Tiffany loves that I take notes:
I have to say although his chances of winning are nil, he does have that Archa-loser factor going for him and his name, Aaron Kelly totally works as a Tiger Beat or Bop magazine candidate. And did I just date myself? Is Tiger Beat still in publication?
Katie- "Let it Be" Katie is getting solicited for prom because of her appearance on Idol. But for the fact I have surpassed the Idol age limit by almost four years, I would use that as the dating strategy. Just go on Idol. (And yes I understand I have missed the whole point that you actually have to know how to sing and even Tim sucking is better than me at my best, but whatever). I have to say she sang this song beautifully. Really angelic and for the first time since Hollywood Week, I thought she did a great job!
Andrew (not Alex)-"Can't Buy Me Love" My brother pointed out I called Andrew, Alex. Whoops. I love this song. Remember McDreamy in this movie? Didn't the girl he loved spill red wine on a white velvet catsuit? Loved this movie. Never thought he would one day make my "List." Anyway, my mother thought Andrew looked like Buddy Holly....if Buddy Holly had gotten a neck tat. I thought his arrangement was pretty good. The judges thought it was "interesting." (* read not an acoustic version of "Straight Up").

OMG Glee comes back in ONE WEEK!

Big Mike-"Eleanor Rigby" So we all learned that Big Mike and his brothers were like a faux Jackson 5, if the Jackson 5, were only four kids instead. I thought his performance was o.k. nothing Earth shattering. And why was Eleanor Rigby the song that his faux J5 family singing? Why Eleanor Rigby? It's such a random song to begin with. Someone find that out the next time they talk to Big Mike OK? My peeps in NY-when he gets back to Astoria, go find out.
Crystal- "Come Together" This would have sounded even better if my television did not pick her performance to start sounding like a skipping record. Our Fox feed went out and we heard about every fifth word. What I did hear was fabulous.
Tim-"All My Lovin'" I love that Tim said he was trying something different with his hair. I am pretty, pretty, pretty (said like Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm) sure that there are persons that are doing Tim's hair. He was better than last week, and the week before that, but that is not saying much at all. I am trying to figure out who the biggest reality train wreck is right now, Tim or Kate Gosslein on Dancing with the Stars? I welcome input.
Casey- OK I can't recall what song he sung because I was stunned by his perm. Seriously the hair tonight was no different from my first (dreadful) perm at age 12. I will not post a picture and I ask Mel to kindly refrain from posting one of that "dark" time in my hair life as well. He did sing really well though, but I did not think it was the best of the night.
Siobhan- "Across the Universe" I thought she was amazing. I also was loving that super glossy lip stick look she had going on that I desperately try to achieve and have bought many a similar product, but cannot seem to get the same look. Perhaps I need to do it and then have strobe lights follow me around. So then they invite onstage, Earl, the heckler. Now, I seriously doubt Siobhan would have hugged some random, possibly, very crazed fan so I think the heckler was a "Fox Plant" to generate some filler for the two hour show tonight that could have been done in 45 minutes.
Lee- "Hey Jude" So they didn't like the bagpiper. I actually started to feel bad for the bagpiper. They were really harsh on him and his kilt. I thought he was pretty damn cool and totally LOVE LEE so I dug the bagpiper. So much so that if Facebook suggested I Become a Fan of the bagpiper, I would accept.
Pick to Go Home: Tim.

5 comments:

mejane said...

Nope, still funny and way more creative than I could ever be, even in the best of moods. I'm sorry you're feeling crappy. Tomorrow is another day.
BTW...I think Kate is the bigger train wreck.

Anonymous said...

Pretty good night all around.
Noted that Andrew did look like a Mexican Buddy Holly. Again, I am not into the over-the-top thick glasses look. This is why wire frames were invented because thick black rims are lame.
Eleanor Rigby is a very boring song, he did nothing different with it, and I am getting bored with Big Mike.
After Tim went and Kara was talking, reading between the lines, "Tim, you have been our favorite whipping boy. We put you on the show because we needed a cute young high schooler to sell tickets to what will probably be the worst idol tour ever. So, sorry for being jerks these last few weeks because you didn't suck tonight."
I'm glad that Siobhan Strahan didn't screech any lines tonight and was actually pretty good.
This is my problem with HD TV, it shows everything, from Siobhan's gap teeth, to Crystal's brown teeth (They definitely have given her some crest white strips during the show). Maybe HD is not the way to go with everything. Just saying.
As far as Hey Jude, I hate listening to this song on the radio, or my iPod because of the 4 minutes of the na-na-na-naaaaa heeeey jude. And sure enough, Lee was able to capture that annoyance with a bagpiper and it was sad to see his attempt at audience participation fail so miserably.

And I agree with Mejane, Kate Gosslin is pathetic and a bigger trainwreck. When the only reason you have fame is because you turned your utereus into a veritable clown car, it's time for America to rethink the term "Fame".

Lisa said...

I like how detailed your idol blogs are, but the funny thing is Tim just keeps hanging on because he's cute. He was better last night but still is the worst one. But the girls are keeping him alive and he'll still stay on for awhile. Liz is even taken in by his locks. She keeps talking about how cute he is. Yikes! Scary.

Kate Goslin is a HUGE train-wreck. Interesting question. Did you see Crazy Jon is now claiming she's an absentee mother and he wants less in child support and more time with kids. What a mess.

Unknown said...

OMG...who was Anonymous? Was that your brother? Between the two of you, I am dying of laughter over here. I want permission to use the Kate Gosselin clown car joke! I am so with you about the bagpiper...I saw him coming down the steps, and I was like "YESSSSS! Bagpipers rock!" And then they bashed him, and I felt terrible for him! The guy probably had his whole family at home watching his appearance on Idol, and he got slammed. Those judges are so mean! So how long do you think we're going to have to tolerate Tim? The kid just keeps hanging on...

Greene Family said...

First - I can't believe that Tim is still around. Tough choice, but I think Kate Gosslein is the biggest reality train wreck right now. That reminds me that I need to yell at my sister-in-law . . . she keeps voting for her because she feels bad for her.
Katie, Siobhan, and Lee were my favorites of the night . . . of course, I loved "Hey Jude"! :) I loved the bagpiper too and was really feeling bad for him by the time the judges were done . . . was any of that necessary!?
Thanks for another great post of laughs!