Thursday, January 21, 2010

If the Doctor Thing Doesn’t Work Out….

There is always law.  Preston came to work with me this past Monday.  He was off, my office was open and I had a few things to take care of.  He was very excited to ride the escalator and elevator to my office.  From the office he can see the train tracks and was able to see his Amtrak trains and freight trains that he loves so much. (The train obsession is in full swing.  In fact this week’s question in school was, if you can go anywhere in the world where would you go?  Preston’s answer, “With my mommy on the Subway.”  I am pretty sure my answer would differ GREATLY, but good to know that a ride on the good ol’ 4 train is enough to satisfy my son).

So first he took up residence at the desk and colored.

IMG_2498

Then I caught him watching Little Einsteins in the middle of the workday!  Of course the portable DVD player wasn’t fully charged, but my computer saved the day!

 

IMG_2514

Then Preston had a blast drawing on old demonstrative evidence boards.  He also used these boards to make a fort with my boss.  He thought my boss was fabulous since he got on the floor and played with him!

IMG_2523

Preston obviously was a huge fan of the kitchen and kept going into the fridge to retrieve all the snacks I had brought for him.

IMG_2529

After lunch he billed some hours by coloring a train picture that one of the assistants printed out for him.  He had a great time.  He seems very interested in what I do.  In fact, when I told him I was going to deposition today and grandma would be taking him to school he inquired as to what a deposition was.  He rocks.

IMG_2542

20 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Well, if I have ANY legal issues I know who my main man is!! He looks so cute behind a desk ;)

Unknown said...

I can see he is working diligently, but how could anyone else get their work done with that adorable little attorney in the office?? Great work, Preston! And by the way, the kitchen is my favorite place at work too!

The Wymers said...

Love all the pics. Way too freaking cute! Did anybody besides you (as you are used to the walking-talking-cuteness that is Preston) get ANY work done? :o)

Lisa said...

I LOVE IT!!! I've thought of taking Liz to work too, but I'm just not sure she has the patience..Heck, she gets annoyed with me when I'm working at home after school! I do love this age when they're really understanding that we have careers and they're trying to figure out what it is we actually do. It's pretty cool.

Jaime said...

Oh Kim! I just love seeing pictures of Pres - whether he's in his jammies, bundled in his snow suit and now sitting at your desk! I'm sure that he had a blast hanging out with you at work. Trains, trains, trains! I love how he's so obsessed! Okay so I think all boys are. Caty is a fan too although she doesn't have quite the amount that Pres has.

mejane said...

I LOVE that picture with him standing in between the bar stools. Just adorable. I think it's awesome that your boss got on the floor to play with Preston.

Mel said...

By FAR the cutest lawyer out there. Im fairly certain that preston now has more legal knowledge then his loser day, who only knows how to file his "papers"

Destini said...

Glad Preston had a good day playing lawyer! He is gonna have to give up that Little Einstein habit though, the only "good" hours are direct billable hours, you know. Unfortunately, when Taylor was young, and even the first year of Trace's life, they spent waaaaay toooo much time at my work as I was on call 24x7. Luckily I had a big TV and employees manning a helpdesk to help keep them occupied!

Tiffany said...

Sawyer loves these pics of Preston! I think he's a little envious of the train picture! He makes the perfect little lawyer.

Maeve said...

sooo cute...glad to know I can go to lil man for any legal mess I might find myself in! haha
miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! Looks like you guys had a good day. I will keep him in mind to if I ever need any legal issues! :)

Tonya

Tinka said...

This is just too cute. I think that's sooooo awesome that your boss would play with him! My boss would too but that's not the point. I think he's such a cool kid!

marrah said...

IF I have a legal question, I am calling the RAAB'S!!!! He would make an excellent lawyer!!! Love him and you!

Unknown said...

I think Pres would make an awesome attorney. So diligent behind the desk. Very handsome. Aidan would enjoy the view of the Amtrak too. Gosh, I wish we were going to see you two in Nashville this year.

Melissa Swartley said...

Way too cute!!!! And I absolutely love his work attire! He will make a fine lawyer, doctor or conductor some day! Amtrak! Preston, NJTransit is the way to go! Hmmm... I may be a little biased though since my Dad worked for NJT. He used to call Amtrack "Slamtrack"! Haha! I bet Thomas is still #1 though! :)

Susan said...

Snuck over from Think Pink to take a look at the latest pictures of your adorable Preston, and have to agree with mejane on the picture of him between the barstools! Perfectly composed and such a great picture of him!

Greene Family said...

Preston is the most handsome lawyer!! It looks like he had a great day at the office! That is awesome that your boss even got on the floor to play with him! I'm guessing that no one got any work done with taking in all of Preston's cuteness! :) Love that he takes such an interest and even asked you what a deposition is! Too much!! Simon has a little bit of an obsession with trains now too!

Cheryl said...

hahaha OMG "what is a deposition?" Inquisitive minds want to know! Keep up the good work Preston. You could probably "out-lawyer" half of the REAL lawyers out there! Love you!!

Kasia and Amelia said...

What a great day at work!!! I guess Preston is ready to start his internship! He will make a great lawyer (if not doctor of course :-) Keeping our fingers crossed!

Caden and Mommy said...

Preston is so cute going to work with you! I can't believe he didn't rearrange your desk for you. That is what Caden likes to do ...rrr!! So cute that he dug the kitchen at work and retrieved his own snacks!
Don't we all wish we could bring our markers and movies with us to work?! What fun!
Adorable pictures!