Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kicking Off the Season!

Preston loved soccer so much in the spring, he is playing fall soccer as well.  The Midlothian Youth league merged with Richmond Kickers, so gone are the blue jerseys and in with the new swanky red.  He really got aggressive at the end of last season, scoring goals and assisting, and started his first game off with a goal!  He’s gotten very good and really pays attention to the rules of the game!  Go Electric Sharks!

IMG_7971

IMG_7972

 IMG_7973

IMG_7974

I had a great weekend too.  Friday night girls night out with Kim, Melissa and Abby, a 31 bag party at Ms. Delores’ house and last night went to a new Asia Fusion restaurant with my friend Felicia I haven’t seen in over six months.  It was a distraction from the fact it was under 70 degrees this weekend….grrrrrrr.

Two weeks of kindergarten under his belt.  He’s been challenged with the shapes square and circle-next up triangle….OK I understand the beginning of the school year needs to focus on shapes, colors and letters to figure out where all the kids are.  I get this.  I’m just nervous he’ll get bored and start decided class clown is more fun.  I did express this to his teacher at Open School Night.  Also I was happy to hear that he is already very popular in school.  He decided he doesn’t want to buy lunch so I’m packing his lunchbox daily.  We’re starting to really gel into our routine. Have a great week everyone!  Fall TV starts this week.  What are you watching???

IMG_7976

3 comments:

Katie Jaye said...

FIRST!

I like that you said "swanky". He is such a ham in that soccor pic. Love him!

You are such the social butterfly! Did you get any cool bags?

So Fall TV starts this week, eh? I guess I am looking forward to The Office, 30 Rock, CSI, and HOUSE! Is Lie To Me coming back? If so, totally excited for Cal Lightman!

Unknown said...

When I was in college I had a goldfish named Swanky! Haha. Love the superstar soccer stance! So glad that preston is enjoying soccer so much. I hope it's a great season! I am so beyond excited for the Grey's premiere on Thurs!!! Last night we watched the premiere of 2 Broke Girls and it was pretty darn funny, so that may be a new one to keep up with.

Tiffany said...

I like your choice of the word swanky as well! Preston does really pull off the red and so awesome that he's doing so well! We want to get Sawyer in soccer as well.