Monday, August 15, 2011

This and That

Tinka and Steve came down to spend the weekend. Due to a fire in the eastern part of the state, the smoke would have made Busch Gardens a non-ideal spot for Saturday. Over Easter everyone noticed Preston, who uses his right hand, can’t throw right to save his life. Yet throwing left, he’s dead on accurate. It’s like A.J. Burnett verses Mariano Rivera. And we need him to throw a bit more Mo. Steve and Katie had bought Pres a righty mitt for Christmas. But Uncle Steve to the rescue with a new lefty mitt! What a great uncle!

IMG_7765



And no trip to Short Pump is complete without a train ride!


IMG_7766


Preston loves trains. It’s really no secret. He’ll even spend hours reading his train “maps.”


IMG_7755

Another super funny t-shirt that Grandma bought Pres.


IMG_7670


Of course I can never resist a photo shoot with the love bug! I cannot believe he is starting Kindergarten in three weeks. Of course we are starting dry runs in the morning to get him ready for the bus! How is he going to Kindergarten?


IMG_7690


IMG_7691


IMG_7696


IMG_7699


6 comments:

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Those pics of the two of you are so fantastic! And those glasses on you make you look so trendy....I love it! I can't believe school is starting soon for Preston! This is soooooooo exciting! Xoxo

The Wymers said...

Yay for Uncle Steve coming to the rescue with a new mitt. Pres can play catch with Nikki, she's having a ball (pun intended) in her T-ball league this summer.

And that last pic where he's kissing you on the cheek... adorable beyond words. Love it. I'm sure he'll do great in Kindergarten, he'll have everybody wrapped around his little finger by the end of the first day.

AmberK said...

My youngest is going to Kindergarten in two days! I can't believe it, either! Oh the stories we will share, I'm sure! ha ha ha
Pres will have a wonderful time, I just love that kid's enthusiasm for life. If everyone could walk around like the light he is, it'd be a much happier place I can tell you that!
Yay to fun days with Aunts and Uncles, too! :)

Smiles,
AmberK

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, kindergarten. Can you even stand it?? So exciting! How is it going with the dry runs in the morning? I'm thinking that the Camenga family could use a few dry runs as well...the kids are getting a little too used to these lazy mornings! Love the all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Pres is so smart! He'll do so well!!! I can't believe it...Kindergarten. You look beautiful in glasses too.

Greene Family said...

Aww - love the pictures of the two of you!!
Yay for Uncle Steve coming to the rescue with a lefty mitt!
Pres is too cute with his love of trains!
I can't believe that Pres is off to Kindergarten soon! I hope he has a great year! I know everyone will fall in love with him right away, and he'll do great - he's so smart and lovable!