Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow in VA----AGAIN!

Ok so I was lured to Virginia under false pretenses…very false pretenses.  I was told it doesn’t snow in Virginia and if it does by chance snow no more than two inches.  In fact once I visited Richmond and it had snowed two inches.  And it was a disaster.  Because here in Richmond they have a plow issue…the issue is there are none.  There is the occasional Tacoma with a plow on the front. Salt and sand only exist on Virginia Beach, but there are none for the roads.  I tried to get Preston snow pants-Target did not even order them this year.  Then I called Kohl’s.  The woman there was very helpful.  I asked if they had any boy snow pants size 2T-4T.  She came back and informed me they had a girls size 8.  Because clearly asking for boys snow pants equated into a question regarding her inventory.  A simple “no” would have sufficed.  And the grocery shopping.  Mother of Everything good and Holy, people this is 2009-even with that one Tacoma clearing the Richmond metro area, you will get out.  I mean the run for bread and milk!  You know what’s funny-these are not even my daily staples!  How much bread will one need in order to get through, at most, 24 hours, (8 of which one is sleeping)?  And when did bread and milk become the two items that fly off the shelves?  I mean if I had to pick two things at the grocery store to sustain my life for the requisite day I was in the house it would be more along the lines of chips and French onion dip.  So people need to RELAX with the mad shopping.  And then the forecasters.  They love snow.  They want a full fledged Day After Tomorrow snow where the Statute of Liberty is compromised.  Anything less and they are kind of disappointed. People in Buffalo must sit back and laugh their booties off at us freaking over this snow.  They don’t get inches, they get multiple FEET.  And they don’t close the schools or the library, because if they did the town would just shut down from October to May.  OK I am done ranting.  Here are some very nice pictures of the snow!

Here is Preston waiting for the snow! I mean, how ridiculously cute is he in these pajamas? I can’t deal! (Yes, Tonya, the crocs match).

IMG_1792

IMG_1818

 

IMG_1824

Mowing snow like my buddy Caden.

IMG_1833

IMG_1837

To pass the time we put together the puzzle from Aunt Tinka with my favorite line from the Grinch.  The next day was the big dig out!  Seriously the driveway needs to be just a tad longer….

IMG_1855

IMG_1849

IMG_1848

Once we dug out we finally went to finish our Christmas shopping. 

IMG_1868

Merry Christmas Everyone!

11 comments:

Jaime said...

Your posts always leave me with a smile on my face! It's a combination of your writing and the pictures of Pres! I love how he, following in Caden footsteps, mowed the snow. Maybe if he was out there all morning, he could have cleared the driveway - or at least part of it.

Merry Christmas! Sending our love!

Caden and Mommy said...

I think our boys are on to something ~ If we put plows on their mowers they could do all of the driveways on the sreet. They would definately earn their share to pay for Nationals each year :0)
That is a lot of snow ... your commentary is so funny! The media lives for that kind of weather!
Cute pictre of Preston in the stroller :0)

The Wymers said...

LOL - My girls like to mow the snow too! :o) Glad to hear you guys survived the storm, and that Preston had fun playing in the snow! Too funny about the snow pant search, if you decide you want some for him just tell me which size and I'll send you some - because, you know, we do have the snow gear up here in Minnesota! :o)

Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and that Santa totally delivers for the super-cute Pres-meister! :O)

Greene Family said...

Crack me up!! We always get a good laugh out of the way people act around here. After I had Jason go shopping for a snow suit for Simon on Friday, I did ask him to stop at the grocery store for baking supplies so I could make cookies when we weren't playing in the snow, and he said that it was hilarious to see the guy with the bread carts because he was trying to put bread on the shelves, but everyone was just taking it off of his cart before he could even do so. Also, schools were canceled for the week since they still haven't plowed everyone out around here.
Love the Preston pictures, as always!! He is ridiculously cute in his pajamas with matching crocs! He looks like he had a blast in the snow and then fun shopping! Such a cutie!
Merry Christmas!! Can't wait to see pictures of Preston's expression when he sees that Santa visited him! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So funny! I was at the grocery store the night before the snow along with the rest of the free world -- did not get bread, but got milk! Parker wasn't into the snow like I thought -- I guess it was a little too high for him. He liked for us to bring bowls of it inside for him to play with though.

I can't deal with how cute Preston is in those pajamas. I love it when they wear that "old man" style. Parker is wearing some today at daycare because it is pajama day.

Merry Christmas!

caitlin said...

ok your rant about buffalo totally false and i know from experience. my school did close for 3 days(even tho we had underground tunnels) in october 2006 because we have 3 feet of snow over night completely unexpected but it is true that they are laughing at you about like 10 inches. anyway pres is totally cute and i miss you guys

Unknown said...

I am totally jealous of your snow!! We barely got a dusting, and I am a very "White Christmas" kind of girl! Glad to see that Preston is having so much fun. It looks beautiful on your property!

Lisa said...

OK - so those pictures are just priceless and worth the snow - even though driving there is a disaster right now. LOVE the pjs and all of the pics. TOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Kim - your blog gave me a chuckle - - the bread and milk - ha! Love it! I am with you - my staples are chips, dip AND wine! : ) Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS. I can just picture the smile on Preston's face on Christmas morning! Please say hi to your fmaily for me!! -Alison O'Brien-

Melissa Swartley said...

Hahahaha!!! Being a PA gal just an hour and a half south of NYC, I am totally cracking up about VA's townfolk running out for bread and milk over 2 inches! Ahhh... remember the blizzards we had in the late 80's and early 90's? I remember a snow drift that went up the entire side of my parents two story home, literally up to my sister's bedroom window! I totally wanted to make a sled path out that window, but mom wouldn't let me! Anyways, Preston is way too cute with his matching yellow crocs! Sonya is totally jealous of his spongebob jammies! I love the snow pic's and his mowing the snow photo's! Adorable!!!!

Susan said...

Snuck over from Think Pink to see what Preston is up to, and found that you have more snow than St. Louis! Thanks for the laugh on finding staples just before or just after an unexpected snow! We DO have, in our seldom-snowed-upon city, that pick-up with the snow plow attachment, and it was out and about in Lake Saint Louis, plowing our one-quarter inch of snow on Christmas Day! Ha ha--can you say, "overtime, holiday pay"??
Love the yellow jammies on Preston. He's too cute with his matching crocs!!