Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Have Nothing Other than my Son is Cute

Nothing too exciting has been going on. We have had no impromptu hospital visits which I suppose is fabulous, although Pres will need his tonsils out. I don’t know how much I trust getting that surgery done in a center that has not dealt with a fair share of achon kids, so I think I will call Hopkins and see if he can have it done there-once again with good ol’ commercial insurance I am sure they will oblige. What else, what else…My ex has decided child support does not have to be paid yet this month…perhaps because the state told me that persons paying usually have thirty days according to the court order. I told them just how wrong they are. being a lawyer admitted in not one but two states, I am pretty confident that when reading a notice of settlement that states in black and white “one or before the first of the month” does not translate into anytime one wants within thirty days. I mean unless I skipped the course in law school entitled “Making S&#$%T Up.” I also told them I don’t get thirty days to pay tuition. They have realized the mistake and hopefully that can be taken care of for next month. ARGH! I took my computer to Best Buy. Katie totally broke my computer when she was here once (although she will vehemently deny same) and so I hand over the computer to the Geek Squad to perform yet another “diagnostic" and found out my motherboard is history. The word “motherboard” amuses me. It sounds like a term out of a bad alien outer space movie. They were able to recover all my data. The funniest thing about the data recovery is they hand you your computer’s hard drive on a CD in a folder that says “CLASSIFIED.” I mean, I guess, if you consider Preston’s life in pictures classified. So here are some things we have been up to:

Here’s the dude posing in front of his puzzle. He is going to graduate to harder puzzles as he puts these together with ease. I was a HUGE puzzle maker and my mom always took a picture of me by a puzzle after I completed it.

IMG_9473

Here is my new favorite pic of the dude and I…

IMG_9511

Preston has also taken a liking to riding the stationary bicycle my mother has in the kitchen. It’s just for show and doesn’t move but I think Preston believes if he tries hard enough…it may move.

IMG_9538

Preston loves his Octopus Play Doh set. He had a blast playing with it. Even loved the little fish I made for him obviously…

IMG_9546

IMG_9564

And in TWO weeks my little sister is getting married. I cannot WAIT! It’s going to be so much fun. Here are a few cute pics of us together!

08-16-2009 09;07;24PM

08-16-2009 09;08;56PM

08-16-2009 09;01;44pm (2)

17 comments:

Danielle said...

Love Preston's new pics! He is so cute I can't stand it. Riley is obsessed with puzzles too, at any given time there are usually 2-3 all around the house. She does the 100 piece puzzles...takes her a while but it's pretty impressive! Have fun at your sisters wedding! :)

The Wymers said...

Love all the pics of Pres, he's such a little stud - you might have a hearbreaker on your hands! Nikki's been obsessed with puzzles lately too, so I totally understand that one! :o)

Melski said...

Those are very cute pcis! AS for matt, well, hes a total loser. I personally feel like taking out an ad on a billboard down there that reads "Have you seen my deadbeat day?" with a picture of matt on it. OH, and ill just cut and paste it from the internet like he does. Happy Monday. !

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!
So sorry to hear that Pres needs his tonsils out. Parker is getting his taken out by Dr. Tunkel at Hopkins on Sept. 10. I think you should go to Hopkins. Yes, it is a bit of a drive for you, but you won't have to stres so much about going to a hospital where they don't know about achon.
Amanda

Laura Wolf said...

First off I hope that the surgery goes well and he recoops fast. I also have to laugh, not at the old pictures but the new ones. I always get a kick out of seeing that others have the same stuff as us. But Preston is such a cutie! Love him on your mom's trike. That mad me giggle.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

You need to get that boy to me asap! He's too much with those puzzles! What a smartie! Cole loves puzzles as well..granted his are the chunky wood puzzles still, but I do see some puzzles in our boys future together! Good luck on the child support. That is just awful! Good thing you are a handy dandy lawyer and can throw really good lingo at them! Thanks for your advice the other day too ;) Still waiting on a call...

Greene Family said...

Love the new pictures, especially those kissable fish lips! Preston is SO cute!! He looks proud with his puzzle!
Sorry to hear that Preston needs his tonsils out. We really like Dr. Tunkel at Hopkins. Simon hasn't had his tonsils out, but Dr. Tunkel put his PE tubes in, and I've heard from others that have gone to him to have their little ones' tonsils out that they really like him as well.
Good luck with the child support! Too funny - you must have missed the course “Making S&#$%T Up.”
Have a great time at your sisters wedding! Can't wait to see pictures! Cute pictures of the two of you when growing up!

Tinka said...

Awwww Kim I teared up! I love those picures! I can't wait for the wedding. Steve and I picked out a special song for you to walk into the reception to and you MUST do what the song says. And oh yeah, it's a surprise.

I like the kissy face picture! I so hope the Little Man walks down the aisle with the pillow! He's so cute.

And I totally didn't break your computer.

Melissa Swartley said...

Love the Preston pic's! Too bad the bike doesn't move, it's the perfect size! A course in "Making S#$%T up" Hahaha! Sorry to hear about your "motherboard", but that's pretty funny how they put it all on a CD marked classified! Great pic's of you and your sister! Congrats to her on the upcoming wedding!

mejane said...

I loved the pics of you and your sister! BTW, I think I had the same pink and white stripped sweater in Jr. High.
Preston is adorable. Will he be in your sister's wedding? I think I remember you mentioning something about a tux for him. I can't wait to see the pictures! Have fun!

Andrea said...

Is your sister killing you yet? Love those photos! I think I had some of those same outfits!!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh I love the old school pics of you and Katie! You guys were totally rockin the matching outfits like we did...except we did ours times THREE! Definitely have to scan some of those babies in! So cute, and I can't wait to see beautiful wedding pics of you two gorgeous girls. I also can't wait to see what the surprise is that Katie has in store for you! I'm so impressed with Preston's puzzle skills! He is such a smart cookie. And I have to say...I don't know if you should post his pics from the wedding...I may die from the cuteness. Just sayin!

Unknown said...

I love that picture of you and Preston too! Such kissable little fish lips he has. I hope the surgery goes well. I totally think the same thing when the word "motherboard" is mentioned...like something sci-fi. I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding! What a handsome lil dude Pres will be!

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim~For having nothing, other then your kid is cute .... your post made me laugh! Junk on the T&A's let us know when the date will be! As far as the ex, I agree with your friends comment above. I think we would all be willing to chip in a few bucks for the billboard :0)
Your boy is SO smart ~ He will be putting together 100 piecers in no time!
Cute kid pics of you and your sis ... can't wait to see all of the cuteness in the wedding pictures!

Jaime said...

As always it's great seeing pictures of Pres! He's just too sweet for words! I love the fishy face picture! The picture of the two of you is a wonderful one!

I saw your sisters comment to you and I'm curious as to what your song for the aisle will be. You'll have to let us know!

Sara said...

I always enjoy new pictures of Preston! Such a cutie!

I also liked the pictures of you and your sister, having sisters myself. I am looking forward to seeing pictures from her wedding. :)

Kasia and Amelia said...

Oh Kim, Preston is such a sweetie and has such a beutiful smile!! I love the piture of you both in front of the blooming tree (what is it?? I want it in my garden!)
I like to childhood pictures very much too! You both are such cuties.. Looks like you have good relation and love each other very much! Do not worry about Preston's surgery he will be ok. Love, Kasia