Monday, August 24, 2009

"He Loves the Mud" and my Tailor Sucks

So my mother goes to pick up Preston today and he is in his cubby clothes. When asked why his outfit was changed she was told, "Oh Preston was playing in the mud. He loves the mud." Fantabulous. I love paying in excess of ten thousand dollars a year for Preston to play in mud. Some would say, "Oh he's a boy. Boys like mud." But seriously, this is supposed to be school. This is supposed to be a time when kids are taught outdoor recreational games like "Red Rover, Red Rover," "Duck Duck Goose" maybe even "Simon Says," in addition to some playtime on the equipment. I have a real issue with my son playing with mud during school hours. Do you know what lurks in mud for all those mud-loving advocates? Parasites. Lots and lots of parasites. And if your kid gets a parasite everything must be disinfected and the whole family on antibiotics. I'm not naive. I know Preston picks up dead worms, runs through the garden, splashes in puddles. Yet when he is at school let's try something more stimulating then playing in possible feces-lurking bugs. Maybe during art class he should pick his nose and glitter his boogers.
O.K. sorry about the rant. Take a breath-here comes the second. We are T-minus five days until the wedding and I pick up my dress from the tailor. Holy hell, I could have done better than this and I have a lot of difficulty threading a needle. She sewed in cups, diagonally. So my right side is higher than the left and there is a huge gaping valley of material in the middle. Oh and the cups not only are lopsided but have two tiny protrusions in odd places. So tomorrow my mother will drop off the dress, she can remove the cups and I will have to be re-fitted. Total nightmare. Otherwise I hope Katie likes long black gowns because that is what I am wearing. ARGH! Perhaps if the damn dress store did not insist on ordering me a size that would fit a Giants linebacker we would not have to do this much resizing. Preston's blazer arms are perfect length-almost. I just don't have time to have the sleeves lengthened the 1/4 inch. You heard me....lengthened. Surely that's ludicrous. Who has an achon child that goes to the tailor to have clothes lengthened? AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Other than that though things are honky dorey. I really am looking forward to the wedding. Even though right now I have nothing to wear. Oh and I haven't written my maid of honor speech yet. I work best under pressure so it will probably be written Thursday night. I would like to incorporate some humor. You know something hilarious like when my ex tells me he's made his child support payments.

So far my hair has been highlighted (very blond) and trimmed, Preston got a really great haircut and my pedicure is complete. Still have to wax my eyebrows. I let them go an extra week to get a nice arch but right now I resemble Bert from Sesame Street. Here are a few pics of the dude. Wish us luck driving to New York. Preston is not happy about driving. He told me, "Mommy the car does not have wings. We need to take a plane." A little spoiled?

13 comments:

Jess said...

I found your blog through my friend Chelsea (Sparrow)
You are so funny, and your nany is too cute for words!
I enjoy reading very much.
Hope your wedding chaos clears up, and is a great time!
Jess

Jess said...

Oops, I meant baby, clearly I need glasses.

Jaime said...

Kim, you crack me up! Thank for your always bringing a smile to my face, although it might be at your expense. I can't believe that you actually mentioned "fece-lurking bugs". Kids will be kids and boys will definitely be boys! I'm sure that the dress fiasco will work out. And it's hard not to laugh at Pres's blazer arms needing to be lengthened. Great pictures of Pres!

Unknown said...

I am hearing you on the mud...although to be honest, my concern is not with the parasites, but with the mud-stains on the clothing!! I have issues! Hopefully you all will remain parasite-free and have a fantastic time at the wedding. I'm so excited to see pics. You know, you could move back to NY and I could be your personal tailor...just sayin! LOVE that last pic of Preston on the step. He looks so handsome!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy reading your blogs! Everything will turn out. I can't believe diagonal cups! Adorable pics of Pres as always. Can't wait to see pictures of him in a tux even if the sleave is actually short for him!!! Have a wonderful time at the wedding. Your sister is probably a nervous wreck by now. I am sure she will make a beautiful bride.

melski said...

My godson is so cute I can hardly stand it. He should model, then he'd have a job, something his dad can't say. I guarantee pres works before matt secures gainful employment again, but I digress, excited to see you guys this weekend!!

sharon said...

Thank yo Kim for that laugh. I hope your dress gets sorted (you need a new tailor!). Preston looks as cute as ever in the pics and i love his quote re the drive to NY. Fern keeps telling me she wants to go in a pink plane!!!

Laura Wolf said...

Love the humor and the pictures. Preston is too cute with the leg up on the step. Mom, did you tell him to do that? Hope the dress is perfect in time for the wedding. Love to see some pics.

Jennifer said...

Thank goodness you picked the dress up far enough ahead to have it redone! Night before??? That would have been breakdown time. It will all work out. You will be beautiful and your sister's wedding will be fabulous! Take and post lots of pictures. And the mud....I will just refer you to the video clip on Cat's blog about Owen playing in the mud. 'Nuf said!

Caden and Mommy said...

You are so funny! I hear ya on the mud though! Sometimes I can't get Caden home quick enough from daycare to dump him in the bath! And as far as the dress?! What an idiot seamstress! I hope it is perfected by Friday! Love your humor toward the ex!
I think Preston is bound to be a pilot! He's so darn cute!

Destini said...

Because Taylor just started Kindergarten and her only complaint is "There aren't very many toys", I vote to let Pres play in the mud if he wants too - he only has another couple years of mud playing, then he's stuck doing real school stuff ALL DAY. Sniffle, sniffle. Hope the dress is all better, waiting on the Facebook update :)

Greene Family said...

Hilarious - I cannot stop laughing over "maybe during art class he should pick his nose and glitter his boogers." Crack me up! I agree about the mud at school though.
I hope everything worked out well with your maid of honor dress, and I'm sure everyone loved your speech! Can't wait to see pictures of you and your handsome boy! Preston cracks me up too saying that the car doesn't have wings! :)
Adorable pictures of Preston, as always! I especially love his pose in the last picture! Such a ham!

Anonymous said...

"I let them go an extra week to get a nice arch but right now I resemble Bert from Sesame Street." Hahaha, I laughed so hard at this.