Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Funny Valentine

What a Valentine's WEEK for Preston. On Thursday he had his school party which was so successful and there was so much food it flowed into Friday as well. We brought in stickers for each kid in the class! The school had parents buy Candy Grams to send to our children. Preston got one from me, one from Grandma, one from Papa, one from Aunt Tinka and Uncle Steve, one from Aunt Melski and one from Aunt Marrah, Uncle Lee and Baby Finn. I had everyone from afar write me an e-mail and then I pasted their words onto the candy gram. Saturday Preston was presented with two-yes two, one from me one from Grandma and Papa, bags of goodies. Thomas trains, matchbox cars, Little Einstein toys, a DVD, books, a tee shirt, stickers and of course candy!



The other thing Preston has taken to is the fake forced smile-totally taking after his Uncle Chris on this one....See below:
So the red shirt was all I could get for Valentine's Day. See now Preston has a lot of opinions and when he saw a shirt that I wanted to get that read "Mr Irresistable" he promptly told me, "I no like that Mommy." The look he gave me-you would think I asked him to wear a burlap sack! So alas only a red shirt. But I love doing this (because Preston is one of the older kids on these blogs) so here are pics of Valentine's past:
2006-Two months old.
2007-Fourteen months
2008-Two years old.

I am so mad I have no clue where that bear is that my mother bought for him on his first Valentine's Day-well I am sure it is in the storage facility with all my other stuff so I'll have to pull it out for next year!

We also spent a lot of time outside this weekend since it was gorgeous. We did a lot of "exploring" in the backyard and found pine cones, acorns, rocks, sticks and looked at the natural creek that runs across our backyard. I only took one photo on my phone and it is not great quality but here goes!
AND RENAY-I will be doing the Idol blog very soon! My favorite is Danny (a.k.a the Robert Downey Jr. look a like)!

21 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the pictures from past Valentine's days! he was such a cute baby, I just want to squeeze him! The picture you took on your phone came out great - I'm impressed! It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo cute! I love the new pictures. And Steve likes mom's hair and digs dad's new glasses.

I think it's cool that Preston enjoys nature. Maybe he'll join the boy scouts down the road and go camping and such. I can see him doing such manly things!

And I so love Robert Downey, Jr. look alike. He's also my fave. So disappointed his friend didn't make it, considering he should have definitely been in the top twelve. Whatev.

These pictures make me miss The Little Man even more. We have to get me down there in March!

Jaime said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last picture of Pres! What a handsome boy!

I too am liking Danny. I'm waiting for the real singing to start so I can really see who I like. But Danny has my vote so far!

mejane said...

Kim, do you want to adopt me? I want a goodie bag like that for Valentines Day too, considering that I got squat this year. I'm not as adorable as Preston but I promise I won't protest when you buy clothes for me. :)
He is so lucky to have so many people that love him so much!

Can't wait for your "Idol" posts. I love love love "Robert Downey Jr - Jr" and Tatiana has to go NOW!

Unknown said...

Wow. Preston scored on the Valentines. Cute pics. Wish we had some of the exploring area that Pres has. Happy Valentines Day. I'll be looking for your Idol blog posts.

Anonymous said...

....boo hoo...:( I didn't get anything for Valentines day...except for a kiss and a Happy Valentines day wish. Preston is as cute as ever. Hope you had a great one.

Sarah said...

Will wants to know if he can be part of your family for holidays :) Preston made out pretty well!! Love the pics. He's such a handsome little guy!!!

Destini said...

Oh my goodness, Preston is just too freakin cute! I totally understand about the opinions, I'm starting to think that boys are worse than girls about what they are wearing!

Greene Family said...

Preston is so handsome! It sounds like he had a great Valentine's Day with all of his candy grams and bags of goodies! I love his past Valentine's pictures, but I especially love the one of him out exploring the woods! He must know that everyone thinks he's Mr. Irresistable!

Jen Weisser said...

I love the pics from past years. I just can't get over how grown up he looks, such a little man! So jealous that you can get outside & explore. Ethan is getting real tired of being stuck inside! Gotta love central NY winters!

Unknown said...

Wow, Pres, you made out with an awesome Valentine's stash! Must be because you're so irrestibly cute. Love that cool red hat!

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! Preston sure did score on the Valentine's Day goodies! Love all his cuteness in all of the pic's! I Know how you feel about the teddy bear, we had a cute teddy for Sonya and I planned on taking pictures of her every month with him and after the 5th month he went MIA! Grrr... Oh, well! Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs to Preston from Sonya!

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Owen sends Valentine wishes from Michigan. Even though he was puking as was I. More on that later.
Preston is quite the fashionist-er (not fashionista because that would be feminine right). He's so fricken cute I want to squeeze him!
Can't wait for the Idol blog!

Renay said...

Awww...he's just the best lookin' kid in a hat ever;-)

I so want to remember to take pics of this baby with some specific stuffed animal or something.

Ok, so RDJr look alike???I don't know who that is-I'm in pain here-and yes, Tatiana has GOT TO GO DAWG! Can't take her. Painfully waiting for your AI commentary;-) But I'll settle for Preston updates in the meantime;-) So cute!

Tonya said...

Kim - Can I have Preston....PLEASE!!! :)

That boy, I swear is going to break hearts!! What a Valentine's day! I am glad you got a chance to go out and enjoy the weather, so pass some thig way, we need a day at the park too!!!

Katie said...

Preston is such a hunky little guy. Pretty soon all the girls will be after him if not already. I can see where he gets his good looks-Mommy! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my g-d....he was the cutest from the day he was born...that face, that smile, that laugh...I CAN"T WAIT TO HUG HIM and tell him how much I love him.

Becky said...

What a great Valentine's Day! I love the picture of him holding up the candy! What an adorable smile! I also love the pictures from years past. SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

He is just too cute as always! I'm sure you have your hands full with him and his attitude! I love the photos from Valentine's Days past. You are so good about taking photos for every occassion.

Bobbi said...

I absolutely LOVED the pics of Preston from Valentine's Day pasts. So cute! Of course, I love the ones from this V-Day, too! He is such the Handsome Ham! I just wanna squeeze him!

Oh...BTW....Danny is my pick on Idol this yr, too! I hated it that Jamal had to go home. What a crock. There were others that should've left before him.

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
I love Preston's forced smile - what a character! Caden's latest is saying cheese when we take his picture :0) I think Caden wants Preston's adorable sweater to be put on the hand-me-down list to him ;0)
Trisha