Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I've got Nothing....



Mel told me I haven't posted. But I have nothing interesting going on. I mean I could bore you with the details of my day, but really do you want to hear that? Although the highlight of my month came this morning when I received the most beautiful message from my friend Missy, so thank you Missy for making me so happy over my not so great coffee this morning. I guess a major highlight is Preston peed on the potty AT SCHOOL! For some reason Preston thinks that peeing in a potty stops upon exiting this house. Wonder what would happen if I thought the same way. He also does not think pooping is acceptable in any receptacle other than his pull up. Other than that he is staying dry and in underwear on the weekends. At night I wake him before I go to bed and stick him on the bowl half out of it. So far waking up dry. I am so sick of Pull Ups so hopefully we are on our way. In other Preston news he is very happy that he is back in school and his teachers back from vacation. Let's see so far this year I still have not met that hot rich doctor, so quitting work will not happen anytime in the foreseeable future. Oh well. But TV is back (I am truly pathetic) and IDOL is on next week. Do I have any Idol watchers? I am thinking about doing my recap blogs again once the top 12 are picked but do I have followers?

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Katie and her BFF Maeve (xoxo) on Friday! Yay! And already sick to my stomach over the Giants playing this weekend. Why can't I just be a girl and hate sports because it causes me a lot of stress. Of course I am sure you all just want to see cute pics of Preston, so here they are. Have a good week!

12 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Kim, thank you for my dose of cutie Preston! He is just so adorable! So are the Giants playing the Eagles this weekend? Sorry, I'm an Eagles fan... I know... BOOOOO!!!!! I feel your pain with the potty training! My daughter Akela was the same way up until about a week ago! Sheesh! Way to go Preston for using the school potty!!!!! He'll be pooping on the pot in no time!!!

Unknown said...

Is potty training not one of the most stressful events you have yet encountered in toddlerhood?? I swear it is giving me gray hairs. I will totally follow your Idol recaps, because I am so lame about watching the actual show! Adorable pics...I MUST know where to get that awesome digger sweater!

Mike Mallinson said...

Hah - you post far more often than some of the rest of us!! Always love the pics, though... but I promise that I won't be following the Idol stuff... I try to avoid that as much as possible! LOL

Caden and Mommy said...

Kim!
Nothing is just fine with me - Just pics of Preston are great! Although I do like to hear about all your adventures :0)
I just ordered Caden the Baby Bjorn potty chair. He is starting to show interest in the toilet - trying to climb it - GROSE!. I know he is no where near potty training ... but if he's showing interest I don't want to miss the opportunity.
As far as the hot doctor ... don't give up hope yet! We are only 7 days into 2009, ya got 358 days left - no worries! :0)
Have fun this weekend! Good luck with the game - sorry I'm that girl - I'm clueless to Pro Football!
Trisha

Sarah said...

Sorry about the potty buisness. I understand how you feel on a very personal level :) Seeing as though Will just turned 3 and would use the potty all day long at daycare but once he was home he seemed to forget what a toilet was. He did go a lot for awhile to 'no I don't need to use a potty.' UGH. Anyway- Preston looks so cute in his pics. I love the hat and the dozer shirt. Will would LOVE that. I watch idol and always enjoyed your post :) Have a great week!! and I hope you meet that (rich) doctor soon :)

Anonymous said...

Woot woot! I can't wait for your posts about American Idol! You should totally start the minute they start. I need to know your take on the new judge and how Paula is dealling with it.

When Preston gets older, he's going to be so embaressed that you posted about his potty training. LOL.

One more day! :-)

Anonymous said...

We'll be at Hopkins in a few weeks, so I'll keep my eyes open for any cute doctors for you. :-)

I like your Idol posts. I don't watch, but your posts crack me up.

Danielle said...

Hey! Love the pictures! I really think we should set Riley and Preston up. :) He is just so cute! I feel for you on the potty training...it is just not a fun time. Keith will also be at Hopkins with Peyton in a couple of weeks...I'll have him scope out the Drs for ya. Although I guess that would be a bit of a distance, huh?

Jaime said...

As always, I love the pictures of Preston. I'm right with you on the IDOL show, I just can't not watch it! I'll throw in my two cents! That's awesome that Preston will use the potty at school - Caty won't. They ever provided her with the same potty we have at home, but she doesn't want to ask the teachers to take her. I take her right before I leave and she's only there for 2.5 hours, so it's really not a lot of time anyways. Caty was fairly easy to potty train, but I have a feeling that this next one will give me a run for our money!

Greene Family said...

It's always great to see cute Preston photos!! I just got Simon that same bulldozer sweater for next winter since they didn't have his size now. Way to go, Preston for going on the potty at school!
As Trisha said - don't give up hope on your hot doctor just yet since you still have 357 days left in the year!

mejane said...

I'm an idol follower! I wasn't around for your posts last year so I am looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

I am an Idol fan...woohoo. I am with ya on the potty training. We successfully have gotten Aidan to poop and pee for us and is wearing underwear. He will pee at pre-school. Other public restrooms we have a problem so we do pull ups when out shopping and stuff. We also have to conquer the nights..he is a horrible crank if I try to wake him in the middle of the night.